Page 126 of 151 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2255

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    “If you have goggles or an eye shield, you should use it,” Fauci,

Looks like we all better load up on goggles!
    I don't get this ongoing Fauci dialogue. He is a credible factor in all of this "confusion".

I like to remind people about this covid situation. It is new....not he 19th version as some still believe. Brand spanking new. People across the world have tried to ascertain everything about it, as fast as possible. Its characteristics, its impacts, its speed, its ability to change. As such the best medical teams around the planet are trying to find a vaccine and a treatment, and so far, no conclusive positive solutions....though getting closer. Brilliant minds, with excellent medical experience are trying to figure this thing out, and with varying degrees of success.

Dr. Fauci is one of the finest you have in The US. He is not perfect. He has errored along the way as have many brilliant experts. Again, THIS IS NEW!

I am sure there are some who want to challenge his credibility, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't get this ongoing Fauci dialogue. He is a credible factor in all of this "confusion".

I like to remind people about this covid situation. It is new....not he 19th version as some still believe. Brand spanking new. People across the world have tried to ascertain everything about it, as fast as possible. Its characteristics, its impacts, its speed, its ability to change. As such the best medical teams around the planet are trying to find a vaccine and a treatment, and so far, no conclusive positive solutions....though getting closer. Brilliant minds, with excellent medical experience are trying to figure this thing out, and with varying degrees of success.

Dr. Fauci is one of the finest you have in The US. He is not perfect. He has errored along the way as have many brilliant experts. Again, THIS IS NEW!

I am sure there are some who want to challenge his credibility, for whatever reason.
    Criticizing/attacking Tony Fauci is politically motivated. I don't hear the same individuals who do that criticize anyone for telling people to drink/inject bleach or that coronavirus will just disappear. As far as I know, Fauci has no actual authority to require anyone to do anything. He is a source of information and advice on his area of expertise which is that he has been the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. That is contrasted with other people who do have the authority to provide leadership and make things happen and who haven't done so.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Don't worry bronx.... I'll be following up with retails sales very closely in your neck of the woods. In the mean time, please think of those who are at risk and vulnerable and wear a mask. I know you said multiple times previously on here that you don't care and it's not your responsibility, but I know you're not THAT clueless...
    As we are at 14 positive tests out of every 100,000 they are more at risk from the flu every winter, statiscally. So I guess you are suggesting I wear a mask during the winter months for the rest of my life. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Fauci today said he recommends wearing goggles. I donít get your follow up to me repeating that, if Fauci says it shouldnít we do what he says?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-30-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Where are all the responses to my last post regarding hydroxychloroquine?

Data (scientific data) was posted, and nobody gives a crap. Whoa, couldn't have seen THAT coming!

Data (scientific data) was posted, and nobody gives a crap. Whoa, couldn't have seen THAT coming!
    There's a long one on the previous page. Is that it? 5 PM yesterday?

Iíll respond, appears those studies donít back the Henry Ford Health System study.

DETROIT Ė Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 Ė and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the systemís six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

Their are doctors who have success with HCQ.

"Hydroxychloroquine along with zinc and either azithromycin or doxycycline and it's based upon now many studies from colleagues around the world. It's shown to be an effective treatment and thatís what we need," said Dr. George Fareed, physician.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-30-2020 at 03:17 PM.

What is the success rate of ventilators and Covid?

I’ll respond, appears those studies don’t back the Henry Ford Health System study.

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

Their are doctors who have success with HCQ.

"Hydroxychloroquine along with zinc and either azithromycin or doxycycline and it's based upon now many studies from colleagues around the world. It's shown to be an effective treatment and that’s what we need," said Dr. George Fareed, physician.
    This is what happens in nonrandomized retrospective trials. See any problems?

Group / Median age / % Mortality

Neither Med / 71 / 26.4%

HCQ / 53 / 13.5%

AZM / 64 / 22.4%

HCQ+AZM / 62 / 20.1%

20 years difference in median age between HCQ group and "Neither Med" control.

Being young is protective should be the conclusion of this paper.

As well, if HCQ was effective, why isn't there a significant difference when combined with AZM? AZM would have to be blocking the HCQ effect.

There is a good reason this was published in a low impact journal rather than Lancet or New England Journal of Medicine.

It’s a retrospective, not an RCT

This is what happens in nonrandomized retrospective trials. See any problems?

20 years difference in median age between HCQ group and "Neither Med" control.

Being young is protective should be the conclusion of this paper.

As well, if HCQ was effective, why isn't there a significant difference when combined with AZM? AZM would have to be blocking the HCQ effect.

There is a good reason this was published in a low impact journal rather than Lancet or New England Journal of Medicine.

It’s a retrospective, not an RCT
    My conclusion is if you trust your doctor you should go with what they are finding success with.
    I wouldnít tell anybody to use HCQ or not to because I am not a doctor. Joe Rogan talked recently on his show about a friend who had Covid really bad and was about to go on a ventilator and his doctor said I donít think you will survive if you go on the ventilator. He followed hi s doctors advice and lived. I donít think ventilatorís are bad based on that one case.
    Itís simple do what YOUr doctor tells you. Not what a national leader says, or some doctor or study says . Do what the physician you trust says. Thatís my take on HCQ, or any other treatment for any illness.

My conclusion is if you trust your doctor you should go with what they are finding success with.
    I wouldn’t tell anybody to use HCQ or not to because I am not a doctor. Joe Rogan talked recently on his show about a friend who had Covid really bad and was about to go on a ventilator and his doctor said I don’t think you will survive if you go on the ventilator. He followed hi s doctors advice and lived. I don’t think ventilator’s are bad based on that one case.
    It’s simple do what YOUr doctor tells you. Not what a national leader says, or some doctor or study says . Do what the physician you trust says. That’s my take on HCQ, or any other treatment for any illness.
    I don't know why we're talking about ventilators here all of a sudden when you've replied with a post about Hydroxychloroquine....

But the scientific data and research along with randomized controlled trials proves otherwise to your last post.

:shrug:

I don't know why we're talking about ventilators here all of a sudden when you've replied with a post about Hydroxychloroquine....

But the scientific data and research along with randomized controlled trials proves otherwise to your last post.

Iím pointing out how ventilatorís havenít saved everyone that has gone on them. I believe the numbers were as high as 80% death rate in the beginning. I believe the death rate has gotten better and now between 25% & 50% die on ventilators.
    Does that mean ventilatorís shouldnít be used? No not at all the doctors who use them in certain situations and have success are going to keep using them.
    Hydroxychloroquine has been used and been effective by some doctors with the use of other medicineís. Itís up to the patient and the doctor period. I donít care what the studies say, or what Fauci, who isnít treating patients says, or any national leaders say about a treatment, I am going to go with what the doctor who treats me, and so will everyone else.
    I donít want to speak for you but Iím sure from talking with you, you would probably tell a doctor who recommended HCQ as a treatment as something you werenít comfortable with based on your research. Same goes for any treatment.

I’m pointing out how ventilator’s haven’t saved everyone that has gone on them. I believe the numbers were as high as 80% death rate in the beginning. I believe the death rate has gotten better and now between 25% & 50% die on ventilators.
    Does that mean ventilator’s shouldn’t be used? No not at all the doctors who use them in certain situations and have success are going to keep using them.
    Hydroxychloroquine has been used and been effective by some doctors with the use of other medicine’s. It’s up to the patient and the doctor period. I don’t care what the studies say, or what Fauci, who isn’t treating patients says, or any national leaders say about a treatment, I am going to go with what the doctor who treats me, and so will everyone else.
    I don’t want to speak for you but I’m sure from talking with you, you would probably tell a doctor who recommended HCQ as a treatment as something you weren’t comfortable with based on your research. Same goes for any treatment.
    Sure dude, whatever your doc says. Gotchya.

But my point was to your last post, about your study which was pretty trash and not a good trial.

If you don't want to believe that - that's fine. I was just pointing out it's flaws. But hey, you do you and whatever you and your doc want to do - regardless of research and scientific data.

Sure dude, whatever your doc says. Gotchya.

But my point was to your last post, about your study which was pretty trash and not a good study.
    You donít like the study, Iím not gonna tell you what like. Their have been doctors who have had success with Hydroxychloroquine, with other meds. Either you believe them or you donít.

What is the success rate of ventilators and Covid?

Yikes,,,,,now we're having to justify ventilators!!!