Page 133 of 148 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2208

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Well I'm glad it seemed to have worked out for you. I think your opinion would definitely change if your inner circle or family didn't have the outcome that they had....

I to, had someone in my close circle come down with + Covid. It was my wifes auntie's father - who was 82 years old, but a healthy 82 year old. Literally - he had no comorbidities other than your typical age old arthritis, back pain, etc. Clear from a pulmonary, cardiac, and diabetic standpoint. He died a month ago the virus literally put him into ARDS, and he never made it off the vent.

He, along with 155,000+ people haven't been as fortunate as you or your inner circle.
    Sorry Brent.

Well I'm glad it seemed to have worked out for you. I think your opinion would definitely change if your inner circle or family didn't have the outcome that they had....

I to, had someone in my close circle come down with + Covid. It was my wifes auntie's father - who was 82 years old, but a healthy 82 year old. Literally - he had no comorbidities other than your typical age old arthritis, back pain, etc. Clear from a pulmonary, cardiac, and diabetic standpoint. He died a month ago the virus literally put him into ARDS, and he never made it off the vent.

He, along with 155,000+ people haven't been as fortunate as you or your inner circle.
    I'm not heartless, I care about other people. I also care about many other factors in peoples lives. People are going to be financially ruined the longer this lingers. That's not a concern for any of you? People going bankrupt losing their jobs and future plans to support their families isn't an issue? When suicide rates climb because their lives are stripped of what was keeping them holding on isn't a big deal?? Masks work right? Wear them wash hands and move on....

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm not heartless, I care about other people. I also care about many other factors in peoples lives. People are going to be financially ruined the longer this lingers. That's not a concern for any of you? People going bankrupt losing their jobs and future plans to support their families isn't an issue? When suicide rates climb because their lives are stripped of what was keeping them holding on isn't a big deal?? Masks work right? Wear them wash hands and move on....
    Some people are naive and do not realise there is an impact by shutting down life, they don't see the financial or mental struggles many people have due to it. There are consequences to shutting everything down and not getting on with things.

Then again I'm sure you realise that before Covid there was zero risk and zero disease in life. Things like Cancer, heart disease, liver failure, etc......... never existed and once Covid is gone, which could be never, people will never get ill or be admitted to hospital, life will return to having zero risk.

I hardly think that those of us who are pushing the safety/health side are ignorant of finances/economics/well being of people.

As for the bolded part...isn't that what we've been saying all along? I thought you were questioning the mask thing a while back. Maybe I am wrong. Sorry if so.

I never said any of those were 'non issues'. I've agreed that there are issues financially with companies, families, work, etc. I still fully expect the US (along with the UK) to go through some sort of continued recession.

But at the end of the day, if you don't have your health, what do you have? If your dead, sick, on medical leave, etc, - you're not going to be supporting anyone or any economy.

And I roll my eyes at your last statement. Masks work right? Well, as we've debated 100 times before they don't FIX anything they help prevent and keep people safe. So yes... masks help us and help allow people to be safe, so hopefully they can get back to life, to work, to shop, to stimulate the economy

Yes, they help. I'm glad you've finally realized it.
    Last edited by Peerless; 08-05-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I hardly think that those of us who are pushing the safety/health side are ignorant of finances/economics/well being of people.

As for the bolded part...isn't that what we've been saying all along? I thought you were questioning the mask thing a while back. Maybe I am wrong. Sorry if so.
    You are right, I am against masks because of personal reasons I can't discuss here. I believe there are other health risks by wearing them all day every day. I also believe that by not wearing them your immune system stays stronger than those that do wear them.

Then again I'm not a doctor and I'm probably talking fake news. Imo, it 100% should be a choice thing. If you feel safer wearing one than wear one, I don't judge YOU for doing so unlike some others for the other view of it.

I'll only make reference to a couple of things:

If your son got this in January, did you even suspect it could be the covid virus? I may be wrong, but few North Americans thought it was even here back then.

Second, as for the media, I do not endorse all representatives, but there are some that are reporting the facts better than others. And I glad that the Canadian government and local officials are giving us regular updates, thru the media. Facts.

FTR....I am glad that your family is doing well. The last thing I want is for people to be sick because of it.
    You are right, I am against masks because of personal reasons I can't discuss here. I believe there are other health risks by wearing them all day every day. I also believe that by not wearing them your immune system stays stronger than those that do wear them.

Then again I'm not a doctor and I'm probably talking fake news. Imo, it 100% should be a choice thing. If you feel safer wearing one than wear one, I don't judge YOU for doing so unlike some others for the other view of it.
    Wondering if you had a chance to review my comment above, re: covid in January?

I never said any of those were 'non issues'. But at the end of the day, if you don't have your health, what do you have?
    I have a virus I'm going to recover from (more likely than not) and I trust and obey in another. If I hold onto that at the end of the day I know I'm taken care of

Wondering if you had a chance to review my comment above, re: covid in January?
    I have no proof of it but after seeing all the symptoms and rumors of it being here earlier I felt like he had it. It probably was just a flu bug but it just felt different than normal

I understand the right to protest, and in this case, I respect their cause. It is a cause that is being endorsed in various ways, in the major sports leagues. But I expect them to do so in a safe manner. As do I with ANY gathering, be it social, workplace, sports or anything that involves groups.
    I completely understand the right to protest...but certainly not during a pandemic (at least, I'm assuming we're in a pandemic here).

My frustration (and frustration shared by millions), is the ridiculous double standard and hypocrisy of media coverage. If the media "approves" of the nature of the protest, there is apparently no risk of spreading COVID-19...none whatsoever. It's as though the virus were genetically engineered to magically bypass any media approved protest gathering. It's absurd and insulting.

People are told to close down their business, even at the risk of losing it (and perhaps losing all that they have). People are told that they cannot have a funeral to bury their dead. Massive MASSIVE sacrifices have been made, all to "flatten the curve." When these same folks see millions gathered together arm in arm, not wearing masks, and the despicable media just glorifying it..it is a slap in the face to everything that they've been told and everything that they have sacrificed for and potentially lost. Especially when this same media attacks a group of 25 people for attending church or wanting to open a failing business to pay bills that they are two months behind on. It completely obliterates any validity in those same voices screaming "mask-up" and "stay home." This is in large part why so many people do not trust anything that they see and hear being reported. The hypocrisy is blatant and obvious.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    I completely understand the right to protest...but certainly not during a pandemic (at least, I'm assuming we're in a pandemic here).

My frustration (and frustration shared by millions), is the ridiculous double standard and hypocrisy of media coverage. If the media "approves" of the nature of the protest, there is apparently no risk of spreading COVID-19...none whatsoever. It's as though the virus were genetically engineered to magically bypass any media approved protest gathering. It's absurd and insulting.

People are told to close down their business, even at the risk of losing it (and perhaps losing all that they have). People are told that they cannot have a funeral to bury their dead. Massive MASSIVE sacrifices have been made, all to "flatten the curve." When these same folks see millions gathered together arm in arm, not wearing masks, and the despicable media just glorifying it..it is a slap in the face to everything that they've been told and everything that they have sacrificed for and potentially lost. Especially when this same media attacks a group of 25 people for attending church or wanting to open a failing business to pay bills that they are two months behind on. It completely obliterates any validity in those same voices screaming "mask-up" and "stay home." This is in large part why so many people do not trust anything that they see and hear being reported. The hypocrisy is blatant and obvious.
    YES!!! true words spoken and exactly how I feel!! Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Some people are naive and do not realise there is an impact by shutting down life, they don't see the financial or mental struggles many people have due to it. There are consequences to shutting everything down and not getting on with things.

Then again I'm sure you realise that before Covid there was zero risk and zero disease in life. Things like Cancer, heart disease, liver failure, etc......... never existed and once Covid is gone, which could be never, people will never get ill or be admitted to hospital, life will return to having zero risk.
    Wait...when did the medical profession stop trying to find treatments for those things? When did people stop donating to Cancer research? When did people stop trying to inform and prevent heart disease? Some people are also naive to think "it doesn't effect me, it's not in my city"... it is now..."well it's not on my block"....it is now...."well it's not next door"...it is now "well it's not in my house"...and so on.

And again....things don't have to be shutdown, if people follow some SIMPLE guidelines. And yes, that 85 to 95 percent includes the protesters.

I see your side, but I also see how other unsafe gatherings have resulted in death, and are seemingly acceptable by certain folks as well.

Some hypocrisy I'm sure. Some bizarre words/actions from others who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Wait...when did the medical profession stop trying to find treatments for those things? When did people stop donating to Cancer research? When did people stop trying to inform and prevent heart disease? Some people are also naive to think "it doesn't effect me, it's not in my city"... it is now..."well it's not on my block"....it is now...."well it's not next door"...it is now "well it's not in my house"...and so on.

And again....things don't have to be shutdown, if people follow some SIMPLE guidelines. And yes, that 85 to 95 percent includes the protesters.
    This is the crux of almost everything some of us have been saying. Be smart, get control, increase normal life as quickly as you can, based on the results you are having. Slow down if there are outbreaks or spikes that are not immediately understood.

Where I live, we've had low cases, and have moved fairly smoothly forward. Recently we have had some small but relatively noticeable spikes, mostly in rural areas, and mostly traceable in short order. I suspect that, with continued wisdom of our citizens, and smart management of new cases, we will move forward yet again within a month or two.

My opinion, those who go from lockdown to 100% forward greatly increase their odds of future spikes/closures. No time to slow down the precautionary measures. Keep testing, keep sanitizing, keep your distance, wear masks if in denser spots. Not that hard. Some people spend more time complaining about it then actually dealing with it.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-05-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Along those lines, my city just had a mask bylaw come into effect, but there are numerous exemptions, one of which is if you go to a gym or are working out. Cause somehow the virus doesn't spread in a gym. And the heavy breathing people do at the gym just doesn't count, because you're at a gym.