Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2276

Thread: Corona virus

  1. #1576
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    Prayers for your family for a quick recovery.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  2. #1577
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Prayers for your family for a quick recovery.
    Thank you, obviously I’m concerned.

  3. #1578
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    From my perspective this "pandemic" has a lot of people listening and doing things they would not have done in Feb.

    You seem to reference people pushing back against masks and social distancing as your conclusion to "fairyland". I can speak for the 3 major areas I travel to (LA, Orange County and San Diego) and state well over half the people outside of their home have masks on. I think I am actually understating the number of people by saying well over half but I have not collected the data so just saying something I am comfortable is true.

    Yes people are pushing back but from what I been seeing as a "essential worker" who has been in the public the whole time...people pushing back are the outliers...not the norm. There seems to be a lot of people who take the Covid19 threat seriously enough to make some changes.

    If you want to see things differently that is totally up to you to have that opinion.
    I guess it is all about perspective. From everything I see from outside of the country, it looks like the story is more push back than compliance, but obviously I could be wrong. I do find your perspective odd however as if this was the overwhelming case, why is America so bad at containing the spread? If you look at much more compliant countries, again perspective according to reporting, why are these countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, doing so much better? The health advice is the same, the actions just seem to be adopted on a much larger scale in these other places, so why is America doing so poorly? Health of citizens? Because Australia is not far behind America in being obese and unhealthy.
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 07-14-2020 at 04:34 PM.

  4. #1579
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    Wishing them the best AW4M, hope for a speedy and full recovery!


  5. #1580
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    Sorry to hear. Hope they can get through it okay.

    It's real unfortunate to hear about it in the first place. But when it hits home and your own family, it definitely puts a different perspective on how horrible this virus is.

  6. #1581
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Sorry to hear. Hope they can get through it okay.

    It's real unfortunate to hear about it in the first place. But when it hits home and your own family, it definitely puts a different perspective on how horrible this virus is.
    Thank you Brent.

    Indeed, although this isn’t exactly a moment of clarity for me. I haven’t doubted the severity or seriousness of it. I’m not one who claims it’s just the flu. I stopped biting my fingers. I wash my hands almost compulsively. I social distance at work and rarely go into the marketplace. I advocate for masks in crowded places like grocery stores where social distancing isn't possible.
    I’ve said for quite sometime I’m very concerned about my parents and my father in law getting it.

    And to be clear I don’t think my dad has been cavalier. As far as I know family members have been shopping for them and they haven’t even been going to church which is highly unusual for them. I think they just got tired of not seeing their kids and grandkids.

    I’m hoping they’ll be ok; they’re a week into it and seem to he alright. Although I wonder if my step mom should get medical attention.

  7. #1582
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    Gees man,,,thoughts and prayers for them.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

  8. #1583
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    I hope everyone is ok. Take care.

  9. #1584
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I hope everyone is ok. Take care.
    Thank you; I appreciate the sentiment.

  10. #1585
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Thank you Brent.

    Indeed, although this isn’t exactly a moment of clarity for me. I haven’t doubted the severity or seriousness of it. I’m not one who claims it’s just the flu. I stopped biting my fingers. I wash my hands almost compulsively. I social distance at work and rarely go into the marketplace. I advocate for masks in crowded places like grocery stores where social distancing isn't possible.
    I’ve said for quite sometime I’m very concerned about my parents and my father in law getting it.

    And to be clear I don’t think my dad has been cavalier. As far as I know family members have been shopping for them and they haven’t even been going to church which is highly unusual for them. I think they just got tired of not seeing their kids and grandkids.

    I’m hoping they’ll be ok; they’re a week into it and seem to he alright. Although I wonder if my step mom should get medical attention.
    Sending prayers. Keep us updated.

  11. #1586
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, my dad and step-mother have it. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen, but I think they got to a point where they decided they were going to “live life.”
    My dad is 72, has type 2 diabetes and lymphoma.
    Anyway, my step-mom has had a fever and a cough for a week now and my dad has had mild symptoms. He got tested for covid because he has a cataract procedure scheduled next week. I believe their plan is to just quarantine and take vitamins.
    Did a prayer for your parents.

    Hope do you not mind that I suggest Vit D is among the vitamins you mentioned.

  12. #1587
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,218
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I guess it is all about perspective. From everything I see from outside of the country, it looks like the story is more push back than compliance, but obviously I could be wrong. I do find your perspective odd however as if this was the overwhelming case, why is America so bad at containing the spread? If you look at much more compliant countries, again perspective according to reporting, why are these countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, doing so much better? The health advice is the same, the actions just seem to be adopted on a much larger scale in these other places, so why is America doing so poorly? Health of citizens? Because Australia is not far behind America in being obese and unhealthy.
    My opinion is this is something new the world has not gone through on a level this large. The early testing was pretty horrible. While places like South Korea has a pretty good grasp on their testing in March I know people in Southern California with symptoms could not always get testing even in April. I think there are a lot of people trying to wrap their head around what is happening even in July 2020.

    The scientific method will not give us "science" on Covid19 until probably 2021 assuming the studies were funded and started in 2020. That means until then we are using data correlations and anecdotal data to make our conclusions...our hypothesis. Some people are not even using data and pushing out their theories or making assumptions based on the extreme outliers they see in the news...which is to be expected on something we have been studying less than a year.

    I would not jump to any conclusions as to why the USA seems to be doing poorly. Even then one can look at the curve of New York compared to Florida and ask why are they different?

    If you want a I come up with some theories on this and while there may be insight if I do not write an essay and reference my sources all I am really doing is telling you my speculation.

    What I would suggest is leaning on the things we have already learned about the Immune System. Things that have been known and shown before Covid19. Specifically I bring up Vit D because it has been shown to helpful against things that are a problem with Covid19. In addition people have seen the data correlations between lack of Vit D and bad cases of Covid19 so various studies have been started.

    The more I see/hear doctors explain why Vit D would have a major impact and how it could even explain why minorities are going through more rough times with Covid19 the more I question why this is something I need to dig through podcasts and youtube to find information on and wonder why am I not seeing our leaders talk about it.

  13. #1588
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,636
    It's mid July and autumn is a ways away. But before you know it, we will be into fall, and nearing flu season. And if the virus is still a problem, it could be very difficult trying to manage both simultaneously. Say I start feeling sick, do I get tested or do I assume it's the flu? This thing needs to be stymied to a high degree, because you don't want a double medical problem. It could be very taxing to the healthcare system.

  14. #1589
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Did a prayer for your parents.

    Hope do you not mind that I suggest Vit D is among the vitamins you mentioned.
    It is one of the vitamins, yes.

  15. #1590
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Sending prayers. Keep us updated.
    Will do, thank you. My dad got a little annoyed because I woke him up with a phone call this morning to check on them. 🤣

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •