:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      Has anyone here had it?
      My father in law had it. He went to a hockey tournament in Nashville, 4 of them discovered they had it after they got back. His symptoms were like a very very weak cold, and the only reason he ended up going to get tested was because 2 of the other guys had stronger symptoms and tested positive. He spent 14 days quarantined at home and never felt bad, and then after that was given the all clear.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Italy's top doctor came out last weekend and said that the Covid they're finding now is much less potent than Covid two months ago. If that's true then there's a decent chance that Covid could end up a lot like SARS did, all of sudden just disappearing.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
          team preacher
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Italy's top doctor came out last weekend and said that the Covid they're finding now is much less potent than Covid two months ago. If that's true then there's a decent chance that Covid could end up a lot like SARS did, all of sudden just disappearing.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2370OQ
          One respected doctor, can’t remember who, predicted it would be gone by November.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• EddieMac
            Canuck Mod, eh!
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            One respected doctor, can’t remember who, predicted it would be gone by November.
            With all the riots and protests...it'll be interesting to see if there is another big upswing in a couple of weeks.. Hopefully not though...
            sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
              The Mountaineer
              • Sep 2006

My father in law had it. He went to a hockey tournament in Nashville, 4 of them discovered they had it after they got back. His symptoms were like a very very weak cold, and the only reason he ended up going to get tested was because 2 of the other guys had stronger symptoms and tested positive. He spent 14 days quarantined at home and never felt bad, and then after that was given the all clear.
              Glad he's alright.

I had all the symptoms over the last week and the chest pressure and shortness of breath was pretty bad. Got tested yesterday , then most of the symptoms went away last night. Woke up with a bad headache this morning but everything else was gone. Test results were negative, thinking it might have been a false negative. Not sure what else that would have been.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2007

Even places in California are allowing dine-in service at restaurants now.
                Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                  Super Moderator
                  • Dec 2008

Alberta announced today we're going to Stage 2 of the re-launch on Friday (a week ahead of schedule) and they would include several Stage 3 things in with stage 2. Among the stage 3 things that will be allowed are team sports. Which gives us hope that maybe we'll be able to have a high school football season this year. It'll be my last chance to coach for a few years, so I'm really hoping that it happens.

Comment

• EddieMac
                    Canuck Mod, eh!
                    • Feb 2004

Alberta announced today we're going to Stage 2 of the re-launch on Friday (a week ahead of schedule) and they would include several Stage 3 things in with stage 2. Among the stage 3 things that will be allowed are team sports. Which gives us hope that maybe we'll be able to have a high school football season this year. It'll be my last chance to coach for a few years, so I'm really hoping that it happens.

Lemme know if you coach a game.. I’ll come up and watch! Gotta get my Calgary visit in this year..
                    sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Lemme know if you coach a game.. I’ll come up and watch! Gotta get my Calgary visit in this year..
                      Will do. I don't know if you've been over to the main football fields we use at Shouldice Park? But it's just an awesome scene in the fall. The fields are right by the river, and on a nice Friday night in September right around sunset it's just the perfect setting. Plus it's cool that pretty much every high school game is played at the same place, so you can see a bunch of different teams playing each week.

Comment

• EddieMac
                        Canuck Mod, eh!
                        • Feb 2004

Will do. I don't know if you've been over to the main football fields we use at Shouldice Park? But it's just an awesome scene in the fall. The fields are right by the river, and on a nice Friday night in September right around sunset it's just the perfect setting. Plus it's cool that pretty much every high school game is played at the same place, so you can see a bunch of different teams playing each week.
                        Very familiar with the park! Used to work in that area...
                        sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

I get sore throats a little more frequently than I like. Got one the other day and it persisted. So I got tested. Needed to know, for precautionary reasons. Do not want to infect anyone,

Went to one of the drive through centers and the whole process, from screening to the test completion took about 10 minutes. No line up, just one car leaving, one car behind.

The test...which I was a bit anxious about, given what I have heard, was not bad at all. They tell you to look straight ahead and they place it into your nose from the side. It was a little weird, but not painful. Lets just say, we do not normally place things that far into our nasal areas.

They say they will call if you test positive, and give you online access to the results. Within 36 hours I got my result......Negative. A relief, given you never know. And even better, I do not have to wonder if I infected someone.

Comment

• johntbronco
                            DaCap Man!
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I get sore throats a little more frequently than I like. Got one the other day and it persisted. So I got tested. Needed to know, for precautionary reasons. Do not want to infect anyone,

Went to one of the drive through centers and the whole process, from screening to the test completion took about 10 minutes. No line up, just one car leaving, one car behind.

The test...which I was a bit anxious about, given what I have heard, was not bad at all. They tell you to look straight ahead and they place it into your nose from the side. It was a little weird, but not painful. Lets just say, we do not normally place things that far into our nasal areas.

They say they will call if you test positive, and give you online access to the results. Within 36 hours I got my result......Negative. A relief, given you never know. And even better, I do not have to wonder if I infected someone.
                            That covid test sucks! Welcome to the covid negative club!

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                              That covid test sucks! Welcome to the covid negative club!
                              They say it's a brain tickler, but luckily there's not much going on in my headspace.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

They opened the gym in our condo the other day. Second visit today. I was doing workouts at home, but don't have the weights I want. I can feel some tender muscles, so we're back in business, though my exercises were pretty good overall, I suppose. Not too sore.

They may take is to phase 3 in a week or so, which is now getting pretty open for business. Restaurants are at 50% max currently, but the next stage up will be difficult...75% but with distancing. Most restaurants need to be redesigned to allow for that metric. But even so, it's getting there. If this all continues, I can see lots of progress by the time the school year begins.

Stay the course, and then hopefully reap the benefits.

Comment

Working...
                                X