Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2026

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    And....the death toll is sooooo skewed too. So many doctors out there telling the truth and what they are being told to report with false information.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=715213729274003&_rdr

This is just one of many
    The death toll is one of the most confusing and skewed stats of all.

Over here if someone dies who has tested positive they count on the record as a covid death, it has caused some debate. There have been alot of people who have said that their relative dies of a long term illness, cancer, liver failure, etc.......... and because they tested positive they officially count as a covid death.

It makes you wonder how many have been counted that really shouldn't be.

Plus each country seem to record covid in their own way. Some leave out elderly residents from their records so they appear to be doing much better in dealing with the virus then they probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

Over here if someone dies who has tested positive they count on the record as a covid death, it has caused some debate. There have been alot of people who have said that their relative dies of a long term illness, cancer, liver failure, etc.......... and because they tested positive they officially count as a covid death.

Plus each country seem to record covid in their own way. Some leave out elderly residents from their records so they appear to be doing much better in dealing with the virus then they probably are.
    It makes sense that it's counted that way. Think of it this way, YES, the had a long term illness, but without covid they may have lived another 3-4 months, with covid they died right away, that would be covid that caused it, yes there is the underlying illness, but that wouldn't have likely got them right away so it added to their death, but the covid was what brought it about right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I could just have a common cold, get tested and they WILL count it as a covid case. We could just continue to test for the rest of our lives and the "numbers" will grow. If you think this virus isn't political you are fooling yourself. If you want to label me selfish for not wearing a mask outside that's fine, I can handle it. I've already stated how I'm doing my part by staying away from groups. But, I will not just be another sheep and have my life controlled by propaganda

It shows what a fraud the reaction to the virus is.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It makes sense that it's counted that way. Think of it this way, YES, the had a long term illness, but without covid they may have lived another 3-4 months, with covid they died right away, that would be covid that caused it, yes there is the underlying illness, but that wouldn't have likely got them right away so it added to their death, but the covid was what brought it about right away.
    It makes sense to count it that way so people with underlying conditions and certain age groups know the risk as well as those who are close relative and or friends.
    That does not reflect the risk on healthy people. It doesn’t support keeping schools closed, it does support protecting nursing homes.

People get caught up in the “if you don’t wear a mask you want people to die or if you wan the to wear a mask your taking my freedom!”
    We all need to grow up!!!!! Protest those most vulnerable and get back to our lives.

I would try to convince countries all around the world to ignore the goings on (fraud??), especially if one or more countries fail to handle the covid situation with reasonable success. It may have economic and other impacts in the end. Because if other countries are concerned, they may not only close their doors to visitors, but perhaps reconsider the business they conduct with such countries.

A small example. I am quite confident that the reason The NHL chose 2 Canadian cities as their hub sites to finish the season was covid related. Is that a goldmine for those cities? Maybe not, but hosting hundreds of players and their coaches and staff, along with media worldwide, adds up to significant coin in food, lodging, and other goods.

These things can add up, and expand beyond the obvious, if things persist too long..
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-11-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    It makes sense to count it that way so people with underlying conditions and certain age groups know the risk as well as those who are close relative and or friends.
    That does not reflect the risk on healthy people. It doesn’t support keeping schools closed, it does support protecting nursing homes.

People get caught up in the “if you don’t wear a mask you want people to die or if you wan the to wear a mask your taking my freedom!”
    We all need to grow up!!!!! Protest those most vulnerable and get back to our lives.
    A close family friend just got released from the hospital. None of us knew he was there and he did so intentionally. He told us had he not lost taste and smell functions he likely would not have known he contracted it. He told us the main concern from his Doctors was his "circle" of close family, friends and co-workers and whether any suffered from prior breathing issues. He struggled with whether or not to say anything as he thought maybe it was his duty to tell those he had been in contact with. I'm a bit torn myself as I feel he should have said something, however he is 100% at peace with his decision. He told some of us flat out "look Im the one who had it, and I had the discussions with my Doctor and I was far more scared of it before than during"
    He reiterated how concerned the staff was for people with previous breathing issues and not so much for his Wife and Kids (no prior issues) who had been at home with him. To him there were several "between the lines" responses he had to take away but he felt they were obvious in nature.

Of course every case is different, but this is the closest one to me so far and I hold his opinion of this very high. He basically said he got the not so subtle sense that the Drs were telling him that if you have people in your circle with breathing issues than it is on YOU to make sure that you have prepared YOURSELF to interact with them. This means proper fitting masks for you (definitely), washing hands, wearing clean clothes, no hats etc.

IMO this is eventually where this will lead. Those most vulnerable should be protected and those who interact with those most vulnerable- I feel should be getting the temporary assistance offered. Not a lot different than someone who is on disability and their care giver.

We all need to grow up!!!!! Protest those most vulnerable and get back to our lives
    ugh masks, they are ridiculous.

I like your second point, I have said this the whole time. They need to protect the vulnerable and for the vast majority let them get on with living their lives (if certain people don't want to take that 0.3 pc risk of contracting covid and going into hospital then they can spend the next 12 months under their bed if they want)

58, I will ask a simple question. So if you unknowingly pass on the virus to another "seemingly" healthy person, who unknowingly passes it on to a person who gets sick, and perhaps passes it on to others...and one or more of them gets really sick or even dies, is that sort of covering the "I did enough" label?

Sure, we may pass on the virus to others, and that's not a crime, though if it was a known and one did not exercise responsibility, it would be extremely stupid and selfish. But if in doubt, I'd take precautions, to protect myself and others.

We have not had a new case in July, but I still see loads of precautionary activity. Masks are not worn by everyone, but are in large numbers. Distancing is still very relevant.

I know this will annoy some, but it's like the ole saying. "you can pay me now or pay me later." I don't think you can leave it to chance when you are talking about community.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    58, I will ask a simple question. So if you unknowingly pass on the virus to another "seemingly" healthy person, who unknowingly passes it on to a person who gets sick, and perhaps passes it on to others...and one or more of them gets really sick or even dies, is that sort of covering the "I did enough" label?

Sure, we may pass on the virus to others, and that's not a crime, though if it was a known and one did not exercise responsibility, it would be extremely stupid and selfish. But if in doubt, I'd take precautions, to protect myself and others.

We have not had a new case in July, but I still see loads of precautionary activity. Masks are not worn by everyone, but are in large numbers. Distancing is still very relevant.

I know this will annoy some, but it's like the ole saying. "you can pay me now or pay me later." I don't think you can leave it to chance when you are talking about community.
    Life is full of risk, to us and others. I would never blame anyone if I got sick. To ask the majority of people to change their lifestyle for such a ridiculously low rate of risk (0.3 pc) is just not reasonable.

I work with young kids. They get ill and pass it on to other kids and staff. On occasions some people, mainly the children, will react worse then others and be quite ill for the week or even need to see the doctors. While it is never nice to see its just part of life. There will always be risk but adding a ton more hassle to your life for such a low pc of risk is just silly.

Life is full of risk, to us and others. I would never blame anyone if I got sick. To ask the majority of people to change their lifestyle for such a ridiculously low rate of risk (0.3 pc) is just not reasonable.

I work with young kids. They get ill and pass it on to other kids and staff. On occasions some people, mainly the children, will react worse then others and be quite ill for the week or even need to see the doctors. While it is never nice to see its just part of life. There will always be risk but adding a ton more hassle to your life for such a low pc of risk is just silly.
    Based on your stats, do you think the death rate is silly? Do you think most of those people who lost loved ones would agree with you?

No deaths are nice to see but its part of life.

Let me give you the bare facts. 136,000 people have so far died when tested positive of covid (even if it wasn't the cause of death). The population is around 328 million.

That is around 0.04 pc of the population. The vast majority (over 4/5's) are elderly and people with severy health problems.

I have said all along protect those who need shielding and who are in elderly residential homes.

As you can imagine the percentage of people who have died from covid who are not in the above categorys are ridiculously low, to the point where its not even worth mentioning, but still millions of people have lost their livelihood, business, and enjoyment of life.

The data proves that the measures have been way over the top to the point where its harmful, espeically when you consider over half the deaths were before May 1st.

Let me give you the bare facts. 136,000 people have so far died when tested positive of covid (even if it wasn't the cause of death). The population is around 328 million.

That is around 0.04 pc of the population. The vast majority (over 4/5's) are elderly and people with severy health problems.

I have said all along protect those who need shielding and who are in elderly residential homes.

As you can imagine the percentage of people who have died from covid who are not in the above categorys are ridiculously low, to the point where its not even worth mentioning, but still millions of people have lost their livelihood, business, and enjoyment of life.

The data proves that the measures have been way over the top to the point where its harmful, espeically when you consider over half the deaths were before May 1st.
    Are you talking The US or UK? I was asking about The UK.

That's an extremely flawed way of figuring up a death toll... you can't figure up the deaths for total population because the entire population hasn't been exposed to it.

You figure the deaths based off the total cases.... which leaves you more at 5-10% death rate...

Your way ridiculously skews the numbers so that no virus aside from a extinction level event are going to seem that serious...

Exactly!!!! Why are we giving all this money to St. Jude's Hospital for kids or donating money to cancer research or developing vaccines? Just let life sort itself out. Why on Earth are we trying to save or help others? It's a total inconvenience on my life.

/sarcasm