Page 6 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2088

Thread: Corona virus

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,975
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Some decent news....Gobert, who mocked the virus before becoming the first positive test case for The NBA, has donated $500k to pay for employee wages. I think he was a fool for his antics, but this donation is a good thing.
    I just saw his video and surprise surprise he is absolutely fine now like everyone who does not have serious health problems.

    If the common cold got this much media coverage and was given a cute name the numbers of deaths reported from that (just from Jan 1st) would be far higher then this virus and cause all this panic. That has never shut down the world and crippled economies. People just buy into the panic from this because of the numbers flaunted by the media and the fact its been given a 'name'.

    If the same attention was given to colds, flu, sickness bugs, some people would never leave their house.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,229
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I just saw his video and surprise surprise he is absolutely fine now like everyone who does not have serious health problems.

    If the common cold got this much media coverage and was given a cute name the numbers of deaths reported from that (just from Jan 1st) would be far higher then this virus and cause all this panic. That has never shut down the world and crippled economies. People just buy into the panic from this because of the numbers flaunted by the media and the fact its been given a 'name'.

    If the same attention was given to colds, flu, sickness bugs, some people would never leave their house.
    I do not agree that it's that simple. As for Gobert, he's a strong you man, so I am not surprised he is doing well. This is way beyond his health.

    This is just the beginning for many of us (countries), and if we are callous or "been there done that", we might turn this into something much worse. Time to be humble....time to be respectful of others.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-15-2020 at 04:16 PM.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,626
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Some decent news....Gobert, who mocked the virus before becoming the first positive test case for The NBA, has donated $500k to pay for employee wages. I think he was a fool for his antics, but this donation is a good thing.
    He also apologized for his insensitive comments. Weíve all spoken without having full knowledge of things. I forgive him.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,229
    If I could offer this advice. Although I believe we will get thru this thing in time, maybe not quickly enough for many, I do think it is a wake up call for those who believe we can magically keep this planet in good shape, but without sacrifice. And some folks seem to think that bad things just won't happen, so why invest in protecting ourselves?

    I think the young folks will be the ones who recognize what wake up calls are all about, because they will soon be the leaders. They will take the rise in global temperature seriously. They will look for potential links between the things we do and negative outcomes. They notice that ice is melting, and weather is getting more "unusual". They might relate that species are being affected and insects are moving in new directions. They will be worried about themselves and their children, and grandchildren.

    I am not here to debate things like climate, but the temperature is in fact, rising, no matter what we want to point towards as the reason. It is rising at double the pace where I live, which seems out of whack with reality, because we are low density populations. But that is another story.

    And to be sure, my message goes well beyond the weather.

    So here's my take....don't just assume things will go well. Help make them go well. And be interested and prepared. I believe strongly in the human spirit, and intellect, innovation and determination. Lets let those things loose, to function at their finest, which gives us the best of chance to be our best....for the long term. And lets be aware of all the greed out there, and why it should not be welcome to the party. Heck, we can live wonderful lives without being greedy.

    Be cool.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-15-2020 at 09:10 PM.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,257
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I agree bro, but this is 2020 and too many people are scared of their own shadows now, and with twitter/facebook/general internet coverage the media creating hysteria just plays right into there hands. I smh at the stupidity of this generation.
    This generation, and those that chose to buy into the hype... you can see the divide..even here..

    It boils down to common sense... if you are sick, stay home...wash your hands like mom and dad taught you too.

    Wipe down commonly used items at work, like phones, and keyboards..

    Not so scary when simple tasks like that can eliminate it, eh?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,259
    #HighRiskCovid19

    Putting a face to it.

    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jonmichaelp...ial-distancing
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,836
    If you need 125 rolls of toilet paper to survive a 14 day quarantine, you probably should of seen your doctor WEEKS ago.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,155
    Something tells me this week is going to be brutal. More people infected, more deaths, more job shutdowns. Ugh...

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Something tells me this week is going to be brutal. More people infected, more deaths, more job shutdowns. Ugh...
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Well, of course that's excellent and literally saving millions. Just think if those farms shut down!

    But look at your downtown. EVERYTHING is literally shutting down. This is going to collapse the economy. People aren't going to be be able to pay for their bills, rent/mortgage, debt. It's going to get bad.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Well, of course that's excellent and literally saving millions. Just think if those farms shut down!

    But look at your downtown. EVERYTHING is literally shutting down. This is going to collapse the economy. People aren't going to be be able to pay for their bills, rent/mortgage, debt. It's going to get bad.
    I donít think itís going to collapse the economy but it may take a few months to climb out of the recession.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,836
    true story....

    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    13,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Something tells me this week is going to be brutal. More people infected, more deaths, more job shutdowns. Ugh...
    Casinos starting to close, that's going to be very costly for Vegas.

    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharkdom of Snowdonia,Wales
    Posts
    15,140
    Over 70s may have to go into quarantine for up to four months pretty soon here!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Over 70s may have to go into quarantine for up to four months pretty soon here!
    We'll miss you...... :
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •