Page 17 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Thats what I have been saying all along, glad someone finally posted it. Italy is a UNIQUE case, they have the 2nd oldest population in the world and many older members live with family.

Also not surprised with what is happening in China, I have said all along that we are about 2 months behind China who have peaked and are now returning to normality.

The panic that has been created is madness. Viruses are nothing new, in the UK the common flu kills 8000 a year and 6500 between Sep-March. Some people act like there is no illness or virus outside of this 'covid-19', they don't have the news and numbers shoved down their throats every day, if they did I guarantee there would be the same hysteria about sickness bugs that kill, flu, colds, etc...........
    This is seriously venturing into the ridiculousness now. Numerous people here have shown concrete evidence of the flu vs this pandemic and you are ignoring it to fit your narrative. You have yet to respond to anyone asking why you think you know better than ALL of the world's leading immunologists, epidemiologists, and doctors. You ignore the data in an attempt to either worry about clinging on to normal life or a sense of superiority because you went against the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
    This is seriously venturing into the ridiculousness now. Numerous people here have shown concrete evidence of the flu vs this pandemic and you are ignoring it to fit your narrative. You have yet to respond to anyone asking why you think you know better than ALL of the world's leading immunologists, epidemiologists, and doctors. You ignore the data in an attempt to either worry about clinging on to normal life or a sense of superiority because you went against the trend.
    I seriously do not invest a minute of time on "we're overreacting" messengers. That time should be invested in what the experts of the world are saying, without any agenda other than this is what we need to tell people...based on science, experience, best assumptions given what we know.

And again, there is a belief that more pandemics will come, if we do not pay attention, and properly resource research.

I side with the experts. I side with facts. I side with investment into this field of study. I side with visionaries.

Maybe I am ignored because of one thing or another, but no one has yet to explain how they would manage this, given their belief we are over reacting. Still waiting for a plan of attack that will get us through without all these "silly" rules and measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Well said.
    This "thing" is becoming more real and closer to home day by day.
    The eldest daughter of one of my college best friends, a student at Cardiff University is ill with it this week.
    Her Dad is doing the 400 mile round trip at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning to bring her home. The family of four will then go into self isolation for a fortnight.
    I've got a cousin who we think has it... she's 22 and feeling like it's a bad flu. Can't get tested. Self isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Newport Oregon Police Department
    March 14 at 9:49 PM ∑
    Itís hard to believe that we even have to post this. Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet paper. You will survive without our assistance.

In fact, history offers many other options for you in your time of need if you cannot find a roll of your favorite soft, ultra plush two-ply citrus scented tissue.

Seamen used old rope and anchor lines soaked in salt water. Ancient Romans used a sea sponge on a stick, also soaked in salt water. We are a coastal town. We have an abundance of salt water available. Sea shells were also used.

Mayans used corn cobs. Colonial Americans also used the core of the cob. Farmers not only used corn cobs, but used pages from the Farmers Almanac. Many Americans took advantage of the numerous pages torn from free catalogs such as Sears and Roebuck. The Sears Christmas catalog, four times thicker than the normal catalog, could get a family of three wiped clean from December through Valentineís Day; or Saint Patrickís Day if they were frugal.

Then, of course, there are always alternatives to toilet paper. Grocery receipts, newspaper, cloth rags, lace, cotton balls, and that empty toilet paper roll sitting on the holder right now. Plus, there are a variety of leaves you can safely use. Mother Earth News magazine will even tell you how to make your own wipes using fifteen different leaves. When all else fails, you have magazine pages. Start saving those catalogs you get in the mail that you usually toss into the recycle bin. Be resourceful. Be patient. There is a TP shortage. This too shall pass. Just donít call 9-1-1. We cannot bring you toilet paper.

https://www.facebook.com/NewportPoli...51320062944944

Haha...

And incoming HEAT from the sanitation department about advising people to flush receipts and things down the toilet.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Haha...

And incoming HEAT from the sanitation department about advising people to flush receipts and things down the toilet.

wow
    Assume you meant to include a "not" in there.

But yeah, welcome to Chaos.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Oh great. A few physicians at my hospital have tested positive. And here it comes......

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The world is coming to an end!

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Oh great. A few physicians at my hospital have tested positive. And here it comes......
    Crap, dude. I salute you.

I'm still open right now. My two biggest competitors closed, and I was super busy today. So with my family in mind, I've been vigilant in keeping my distance, not touching my face, and washing my hands.

OMG.

Britain just asked 65,000 retired nurses and doctors to come back to work, and are desperately needed. New York did the same.

I hope there's enough help and resources - people need to stay quarantined.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Yeah guys and gals. I think next week is going to be brutal.

Yeah guys and gals. I think next week is going to be brutal.
    We had one of our call centers close here already, all we need is one confirmed case for it to happen here... Hopefully they get work from home figured out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We had one of our call centers close here already, all we need is one confirmed case for it to happen here... Hopefully they get work from home figured out soon...
    There was a call center in the news somewhere overseas that was closed because of an outbreak within it. Sorry I don't recall the details
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    OMG.

Britain just asked 65,000 retired nurses and doctors to come back to work, and are desperately needed. New York did the same.

I hope there's enough help and resources - people need to stay quarantined.
    I know. I've read and heard about retired health care workers to come back from retirement. To be honest, if they declined - I would totally support that decision. All of those folks have put their time in. Why take ANOTHER chance to possibly get sick when these retirees put their health on the line for decades during their work?

This is just a clear evidence that our wonderful federal government was not and IS not prepared for this pandemic.

It's amazing literally seeing (and being a part of this) every day as it gets worse and worse from day to day...