• Show
Clear All
  • Jaws
    The Immortal Madam Chomp
    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Thank you. I like hugs.

Hugs to you and your family.

Somewhere, some nail salons donated their face masks to the hospitals. Lots of people donating time and money to help.

Every evening, people in Vancouver and Atlanta (?) clap, cheer and make noise to show their appreciation for the hospital workers. I couldn't find a good video, but it's one of those things that made me smile.
    People showing a great deal of humanity and generosity warm my heart.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
      #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
      • Sep 2009

I've been enjoying these past few weeks tremendously. Plenty of time to get some work in on things around the house, working even harder at the gym and longer, frequent walks at the beach. Weather has been great too. Love it!

I also have to applaud my local community for applying common sense and not hoarding. Everything is stocked, plenty to go around. I imagine it's worse in bigger cities.

That being said, wherever you are in the world, stay safe. :thumb:
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Just a suggestion....if stuck at home primarily, maybe break things down in chunks, like sports teams do. Try not to think about the end of this, rather what you might do for the next week. Of course, some just like one day at a time, which is also perfectly fine. But I would stay away from end dates in terms of when things are all back to normal. Serves little purpose. Small chunks give clearer, more realistic, doable and productive vision.

Comment

• L.M.
          Vitalstatistix
          • Oct 2006

Someone sent me this article today:

ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER CONTE’S ADVISER SEES 5G & COVID-19 CONNECTION!

Thoughts?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
            I need to read up on all of this. My initial thoughts, without much knowledge, is that I would not expect it to be linked. But I have to do some research to better understand the dynamics. Other theories are coming out, while some things are plain fact. That pandemics of this nature were predicted by many, based on their scientific knowledge. Like Gates and plenty more, ahead of him.

Intersting.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              NYC Mayor de Blasio seems to be doing a good job in NYC - not that results are fewer cases. Watching his pressers live on youtube feels like a good source for what's going on right now. His frank disposition and his need to report what he's working on(getting hospital worker PPE ie) paints a picture of the worst of it right now and signs of what's to come.

He's trying to triple total hospital beds by May. ....It's going to effect NYC for a while it seems. Joe Rogan said today this virus might be able to stay alive on flat surfaces outside the body for 17 days ........but I didn't confirm that.

In some areas other than our #1 hotspot NYC -might be able to get back to work sooner if we can get some statistics on this thing. And if the people have behaved.

I heard sketchy things from Dr Birx who is a good source of statistics and analysis. I don't understand the stock market positivity with unemployment reports today... except to say this crisis is predominantly a health crisis as Trump says NOT a financial crisis ....and I think it's both. The financial downturn can't truly rebound until the virus is confidently under control.
              Getting my daily dose of Governor Cuomo - his wisdom, calm and straight goods, and others (and I trust the Mayor is doing wonders as well), who appear to be doing an excellent job, given the intensity, the cost (in terms of human life), and the overwhelming nature and speed of this effort. If there are to be flaws, it's not for lack of trying. I mean, being pretty much leading edge in your country, no matter what others have learned, is not without potential error. Those became treasured as "lessons learned", and will be invaluable for other states, provinces, countries.

And yes, love the way folks are banging pots and pans and making noise from their condo windows for health care workers. Just listened to some of it from Toronto and it is so beautiful to hear!! Gives you a boost!!

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Just a little more levity (we need some I think)....such a cute video, from a dog's perspective.

Comment

• jazzbodog
                  Football Immortal
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Getting my daily dose of Governor Cuomo - his wisdom, calm and straight goods, and others (and I trust the Mayor is doing wonders as well), who appear to be doing an excellent job, given the intensity, the cost (in terms of human life), and the overwhelming nature and speed of this effort. If there are to be flaws, it's not for lack of trying. I mean, being pretty much leading edge in your country, no matter what others have learned, is not without potential error. Those became treasured as "lessons learned", and will be invaluable for other states, provinces, countries.

And yes, love the way folks are banging pots and pans and making noise from their condo windows for health care workers. Just listened to some of it from Toronto and it is so beautiful to hear!! Gives you a boost!!
                  10-4...I copy.

I'm a fan of both Cuomo brothers. Solid patriots!
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• dizzolve
                    Orange Rush
                    • Mar 2009

The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      I listen to those with facts. Gates is one. He has earned my respect and then some for his worldly initiatives. And given his intelligence, I trust the data and the projections he conveys, because he knows how to analyze, and he has excellent health care knowledge. He is a driven person, and his wife and him are a great pair. I trust those types, even if it's not exactly what I want to hear. Then again, folks like him give me confidence as well.

Comment

• dizzolve
                        Orange Rush
                        • Mar 2009

It's his new business nowadays. He just gave 100m to help in the fight against coronavirus

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                          team preacher
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hopefully one of Coumo’s lessons learned is doing a better job of managing his state’s budget.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                            #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                            • Sep 2009

Figured I'd share my favorite source for scientific COVID-19 related news for those not familiar with the site...

medRxiv - the preprint server for Health Sciences, operated by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, a research and educational institution
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

How is it the bill passed ........unprecedented in size and scale ........doesn't even cover Coronavirus specific 'care'. Sure you can have a free test because it helps people other than the individual.

Plus they're asking the country to stay home but they're only cutting them a single 'one time' peanuts(no offense Peanut) check. At the same time, the corporations are getting GINORMOUS amounts of money.

I'm not against supporting businesses........but in order to keep people at home where the leaders say they NEED to stay --- they need to alleviate the NEED to go make money to survive. Sounds like they're having a problem with people staying home in California

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

I see that there are some symptoms that are unusual, and tied to the virus......if you lose your taste and smell for a while. Not a normal feeling I'm sure, but my friend has had issues for many years with similar sensations, but totally related to his condition relative to nasal difficulty/surgery. I would expect that the vast majority would know if this is a new situation for themselves.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
                                X