Page 98 of 137 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2048

Thread: Corona virus

  1. #1456
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,209
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I have to work with OSHA regulated rules. I am not allowed into a confined space if the oxygen level is below 17%, call it rubbish all you want. I am healthy and refuse to put a mask on, that's my freedom of choice. No governor or anyone else can force that on an individual. Prove to me that masks ACTUALLY STOP ANYTHING from entering or exiting the covered space....they don't. This type of minipulation to the public is what is ridiculous.
    If medical experts say wear a mask, who are we to say it's incorrect? And how would you feel if you did not wear one and someone got infected and it ended up in someone getting very ill and even dying?

    It took a long time to make folks wear seat belts, as an example, and now it is not a freedom of choice. Well, it is if you are ok with fines and other disciplinary action. And even worse, potential injury (or worse).

    All I am saying is, freedom of choice should only involve you and you yourself....and not potentially risk the health of others. My take.

  2. #1457
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,740
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeo...ic-coronavirus

    A month and a half ago this guy says masks are pointless ...now all of a sudden the same guy says it's a must??? What changed?

  3. #1458
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeo...ic-coronavirus

    A month and a half ago this guy says masks are pointless ...now all of a sudden the same guy says it's a must??? What changed?
    Maybe some time to study the virus and its effects?

  4. #1459
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I have to work with OSHA regulated rules. I am not allowed into a confined space if the oxygen level is below 17%, call it rubbish all you want. I am healthy and refuse to put a mask on, that's my freedom of choice. No governor or anyone else can force that on an individual. Prove to me that masks ACTUALLY STOP ANYTHING from entering or exiting the covered space....they don't. This type of minipulation to the public is what is ridiculous.
    For the ridiculous carbon dioxide portion of your comments.

    https://www.hngn.com/articles/229401...-poisoning.htm
    https://www.health.com/condition/inf...ase-co2-levels

    There's no scientific basis for claiming that wearing a mask is harmful, it's flatout absurd and i refuse to take it seriously.. The only "manipulation" happening here is people spreading garbage around on social media and believing it without taking the time to actually fact check for themselves.

    As for your request for proof that it actually stops anything, remember, wearing a mask doesn't protect you from others, it helps to prevent droplets from your coughing and breathing escaping the space of your mask and flying projectile into someone else. You aren't wearing it for your safety, you're wearing it for the safety of others.



  5. #1460
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeo...ic-coronavirus

    A month and a half ago this guy says masks are pointless ...now all of a sudden the same guy says it's a must??? What changed?
    Every virus is different, several months ago we were still just using our best guess, they've had time to study the virus and different aspects of both the virus and wearing a mask. Recommendations change as more information comes out... It doesn't mean it's all just some mass conspiracy to control your mind...


  6. #1461
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Maybe some time to study the virus and its effects?
    Exactly. This virus is different, as will likely the next one and the one after that. And hopefully none will be deadlier....but who knows for sure. The best you can do, and the smartest thing, is to resource pandemic related research. Therefore you have a good starting point, whereas covid 19 hit hard, and left us guessing at what it might do next. In fact it has changing characteristics. Little about this virus made it easy for the medical folks to get a tight grip on it, and in those first few months, no one knew for sure how dangerous it could be. We still don't know for sure.

    And in those first months, knowledge was being shared rapidly, and even so, it was the best they could determine....even flawed at times. But what else could be done by the scientists? Take their time? Meanwhile the pressure was escalated as countries tried to choose the right course, including economic well being, while trying to minimize the health risks to us all.

    So I am not surprised that what we know may have changed from those earlier days, and may even change some more. That is the problem with an invisible unknown alien.

  7. #1462
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I hear what you are saying...but...they (Faucci) are saying this covid will be with us much like the flu. It will be an annual thing. So...are we supposed to just live the rest of our lives wearing masks? I will not now and I will not going forward. If I get sick I'll stay at home until I get better. This whole A symptomatic thing is a joke, "you don't know if you are sick" BS!! it's just a scare tactic to control the population
    That's paranoia speaking... look at 1918, similar situation, new strain of virus that no one had built up immunities to. They wore masks until the summer of 1919 when most everyone had immunity and they had somewhat effective vaccines available. It's hyperbole to act like this is going to be long term, this is something that needs to happen right now to help control the spread of the disease, this isn't going to be something we'll be doing the rest of our lives...

    No one is trying to control anyone... Look at a history book, 1918 there were people acting the same way you are now throwing a fit about wearing masks, throwing fits about restrictions, then restrictions lifted and they got hit with a lethal second wave of the virus. No one's trying to control you so put the tin foil away, we're trying to keep people alive.


  8. #1463
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Every virus is different, several months ago we were still just using our best guess, they've had time to study the virus and different aspects of both the virus and wearing a mask. Recommendations change as more information comes out... It doesn't mean it's all just some mass conspiracy to control your mind...
    I respect and agree with most everything you post, but this topic is one I will take a stance on. Yes, we are still learning about this virus but one thing still remains. The death rate is so low and we still treat this like it's the plague. If have a 98+% chance of surviving this I'm not changing my daily routine. I'm not wearing a mask during the flu season or cold season ( which is year round ) so I'm not wearing a mask during this either. I believe what I believe and I stick to my beliefs. I do my part and stay away from people as much as I can but I won't let this control my life.

  9. #1464
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I respect and agree with most everything you post, but this topic is one I will take a stance on. Yes, we are still learning about this virus but one thing still remains. The death rate is so low and we still treat this like it's the plague. If have a 98+% chance of surviving this I'm not changing my daily routine. I'm not wearing a mask during the flu season or cold season ( which is year round ) so I'm not wearing a mask during this either. I believe what I believe and I stick to my beliefs. I do my part and stay away from people as much as I can but I won't let this control my life.
    Just please donít be that guy caught on a cell phone camera losing his ever loving mind at places that wonít serve you for not having a mask on.

  10. #1465
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I have to work with OSHA regulated rules. I am not allowed into a confined space if the oxygen level is below 17%, call it rubbish all you want. I am healthy and refuse to put a mask on, that's my freedom of choice. No governor or anyone else can force that on an individual. Prove to me that masks ACTUALLY STOP ANYTHING from entering or exiting the covered space....they don't. This type of minipulation to the public is what is ridiculous.


    Dude, it's a flippin' mask. Not a friggin' scarlet letter, or permanent branding. It's been proven that a mask is an excellent prophylactic intervention to help PREVENT the transmission of anything airborne.


  11. #1466
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's paranoia speaking... look at 1918, similar situation, new strain of virus that no one had built up immunities to. They wore masks until the summer of 1919 when most everyone had immunity and they had somewhat effective vaccines available. It's hyperbole to act like this is going to be long term, this is something that needs to happen right now to help control the spread of the disease, this isn't going to be something we'll be doing the rest of our lives...

    No one is trying to control anyone... Look at a history book, 1918 there were people acting the same way you are now throwing a fit about wearing masks, throwing fits about restrictions, then restrictions lifted and they got hit with a lethal second wave of the virus. No one's trying to control you so put the tin foil away, we're trying to keep people alive.
    Good post, I agree.

  12. #1467
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I respect and agree with most everything you post, but this topic is one I will take a stance on. Yes, we are still learning about this virus but one thing still remains. The death rate is so low and we still treat this like it's the plague. If have a 98+% chance of surviving this I'm not changing my daily routine. I'm not wearing a mask during the flu season or cold season ( which is year round ) so I'm not wearing a mask during this either. I believe what I believe and I stick to my beliefs. I do my part and stay away from people as much as I can but I won't let this control my life.
    it's more like 92% survival rate when factoring only closed cases (closed being either recovered or dead) Even if you don't look at ONLY closed cases and look at total cases it's more like 96% not 98+ that people often falsely throw around... I've discussed that IN DETAIL above. The death rate is not "so low" It's going down for the moment, but it's going down because the major battleground states (states like New York/Jersey and others in the north east) are finally levelling off. That's where the majority of the cases and deaths were, however we're starting to see another rise of cases and people don't die overnight, that starts happening after they've had it for awhile and they deteriorate, those deaths will start rising as a large number of cases start coming in again.

    I've got a lot more I'd like to say, but I can't say it respectfully and free of politics so here we'll leave it. I simply cannot respect your stance at all...


  13. #1468
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Just please don’t be that guy caught on a cell phone camera losing his ever loving mind at places that won’t serve you for not having a mask on.
    You mean like the crazy zombie chick that kept repeatedly slamming her body into the glass door over and over and over and then finally licked the door and left?


  14. #1469
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You mean like the crazy zombie chick that kept repeatedly slamming her body into the glass door over and over and over and then finally licked the door and left?
    I personally liked the lady at Trader Joeís who was asked to leave, and went on a 5 minute diatribe at the top of her healthy lungs to say she had a breathing problem. It didnít effect her yelling ability though.

    And God bless those of you who work in those establishments/professions and are able to act professional and keep your cool.

  15. #1470
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I respect and agree with most everything you post, but this topic is one I will take a stance on. Yes, we are still learning about this virus but one thing still remains. The death rate is so low and we still treat this like it's the plague. If have a 98+% chance of surviving this I'm not changing my daily routine. I'm not wearing a mask during the flu season or cold season ( which is year round ) so I'm not wearing a mask during this either. I believe what I believe and I stick to my beliefs. I do my part and stay away from people as much as I can but I won't let this control my life.
    The US has the sixth highest death rate in the world. How is that "so low" in your words?

    Are you content with that? America... AMERICA, with all of the research, science, medical advances and technology is the sixth highest world wide. It is also more than twice as high as that of the country with the second-highest death toll, Brazil, based on data here from Johns Hopkins. Out of the 20 most affected countries, the US also has the second highest number of coronavirus deaths per 100,000 people, behind the UK.


    Look at a country like Japan. Japan has less than 1000 covid deaths. They never went into full econmoic shut down. They have an unemployment rate of 2.6%. How did they do it? Vitrually everbody wears a mask. Americans have no idea how flippin' stupid they look on the world stage. Healthy living, respect for others, masks, staying home...basically things Americans are not capable or willing to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •