X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

The good news here, a study of some of our golf courses reflect a 17% increase in rounds played this year over last. That's amazing given the late start.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      I have no proof of it but after seeing all the symptoms and rumors of it being here earlier I felt like he had it. It probably was just a flu bug but it just felt different than normal
      The way I see it, if my kids were kids again, and they had a 103 fever for several days, and we suspected it might be covid related, we would be very worried. Not in just in a flu like way.

Comment

• JvDub95
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        The way I see it, if my kids were kids again, and they had a 103 fever for several days, and we suspected it might be covid related, we would be very worried. Not in just in a flu like way.
        We're talking about January too though, it wasn't even a thing then.... supposedly

​​​​

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

We're talking about January too though, it wasn't even a thing then.... supposedly
          Listen pal....I thought you were saying you'd treat things the same way, flu or covid. If you did not know of the virus possibility back then, forget my interpretation of what you said. I am pretty sure you did not, but I wondered if you would not be more worried if you did know.
          Last edited by CanDB; 08-05-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• JvDub95
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Listen pal....I thought you were saying you'd treat things the same way, flu or covid. If you did not know of the virus possibility back then, forget my interpretation of what you said. I am pretty sure you did not, but I wondered if you would not be more worried if you did know.
            I got ya, yeah I'd treat it the same. Obviously if my kid came to me and was complaining they were having a hard time breathing sure id take them in and get checked out/treated. If they just have a fever it's something that will just get monitored. Like I said viruses just have to run their course...not much you can do other than just drink lots of fluids

​​​​

Comment

• Lumiere
              All-Time Great
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              Along those lines, my city just had a mask bylaw come into effect, but there are numerous exemptions, one of which is if you go to a gym or are working out. Cause somehow the virus doesn't spread in a gym. And the heavy breathing people do at the gym just doesn't count, because you're at a gym.
              The "cherry picking" of concerns and outrage with respect to large gatherings is curious to say the least. You would think if this were a deadly and serious pandemic, any large gathering would be condemned for public health reasons. Strange how some large gatherings are perfectly cool, while others are murder-1.
              To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• EddieMac
                Canuck Mod, eh!
                • Feb 2004

My daughter and I were late December,,,

I literally have never missed a sick day of work in my life... I couldn’t get out of bed for a few days... burning up, sore, and a non stop cough... it didn’t feel like anything I have ever had before....

If Covid didn’t happen...it was a bad flu...it did. So I wonder too..
                sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Again, on the bright side.....hockey, basketball, baseball all playing and in pretty important situations overall, at least in the coming weeks. And for those who like serious golf competition, the first Major tournament starting today.

Many of us were hopeful in predicting we might be entertained by this time, based on our knowledge/gut feelings a few months back, are getting a load of sports to enjoy again....and it feels pretty good! (Besides, I am running out of other shows to watch!)

Comment

• Hadez
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    I completely understand the right to protest...but certainly not during a pandemic (at least, I'm assuming we're in a pandemic here).

My frustration (and frustration shared by millions), is the ridiculous double standard and hypocrisy of media coverage. If the media "approves" of the nature of the protest, there is apparently no risk of spreading COVID-19...none whatsoever. It's as though the virus were genetically engineered to magically bypass any media approved protest gathering. It's absurd and insulting.

People are told to close down their business, even at the risk of losing it (and perhaps losing all that they have). People are told that they cannot have a funeral to bury their dead. Massive MASSIVE sacrifices have been made, all to "flatten the curve." When these same folks see millions gathered together arm in arm, not wearing masks, and the despicable media just glorifying it..it is a slap in the face to everything that they've been told and everything that they have sacrificed for and potentially lost. Especially when this same media attacks a group of 25 people for attending church or wanting to open a failing business to pay bills that they are two months behind on. It completely obliterates any validity in those same voices screaming "mask-up" and "stay home." This is in large part why so many people do not trust anything that they see and hear being reported. The hypocrisy is blatant and obvious.
                    In the last 4+ months we have gone from Fauci saying there is no need for people to be wearing masks to some medical professionals claiming if everyone wears a mask this would be over in weeks. Pretty extreme sides of the spectrum from people I think are trying their best who have solid credentials.

I am not trying to pick on anyone...top tier studies will not be completed in 2020. All we are going to have is low tier studies completed probably with no peer review so there is going to be a lot of educated guessing going on. We are all figuring this out on the fly.

My point is we will get a lot of information that people want to be true until the science is completed in 2021. That is if things go smooth. If people get things incorrect the first time, if the data is not solid or if the peer review goes wrong for one of a number of reasons we may not even get science that "quickly"

The best scientists I have seen talk about this will say...they are hesitant to say "this will work for sure" because this is new and right now we just do not know for sure.
                    What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                    effort x talent = skill
                    effort x skill = achievement
                    How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Since the pandemic began, we have learned so much about this virus and with no time to spare. Amazing effort by those who employ their expertise and use their research information to do the best they can, under difficult and complex situations. And lest folks forget, thanks again to the medical folks of the world who went toe to toe with this pandemic, often putting themselves at risk, as they continue to do, even for those who have not yet taken this thing seriously.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                        team preacher
                        • Mar 2008

My dad’s fever (likely due to the pancreas infection) has been gone for 2 days. They took him off antibiotics yesterday and released him from the hospital today; so thankful!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Bronco51
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          My dad’s fever (likely due to the pancreas infection) has been gone for 2 days. They took him off antibiotics yesterday and released him from the hospital today; so thankful!
                          Awesome news!!!

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                            versus you
                            • Mar 2006

Great news!

Comment

• Rastic
                              Modulated
                              • Oct 2013

So glad to hear this news. Wish him well from all of us!

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

That's terrific!
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X