Page 127 of 147 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2202

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Fauci today said he recommends wearing goggles. I don’t get your follow up to me repeating that, if Fauci says it shouldn’t we do what he says?
    I don't get the constant barrage against Fauci, other than what Sam pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I don't get the constant barrage against Fauci, other than what Sam pointed out.
    So me copying what he said about goggles is against him? How so? I copied what he said and said we should get goggles.

Yikes,,,,,now we're having to justify ventilators!!!
    Yeah I know?

Maybe his doctor will just tell him to hold his breath out in public. I mean - I don't have any scientific data or research to prove that it's a positive intervention to prevent Covid- but he won't have to wear a mask! And he doesn't care about research or scientific data... so more power to him!

Problem for him, is if he holds it too long, someone may be shoving an ET tube down his throat and connecting him to a vent... but if the success rate isn't justifiable, he should refuse...
    Last edited by Peerless; 07-30-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah I know?

Maybe his doctor will just tell him to hold his breath out in public. I mean - I don't have any scientific data or research to prove that it's a positive intervention to prevent Covid- but he won't have to wear a mask!

Problem for him, is if he holds it too long, someone may be shoving an ET tube down his throat and connecting him to a vent... but if the success rate isn't justifiable, he should refuse...
    Nobody said anything about not using ventilatorís.
    Bummer that we canít have a conversation without making up are own conclusions.

Where are all the responses to my last post regarding hydroxychloroquine?

Data (scientific data) was posted, and nobody gives a crap. Whoa, couldn't have seen THAT coming!
    Instead of putting words into your mouth, I will give you an opportunity to answer a question and not assume.
    Do you believe all the doctors in the world who have had success treating patients with hydroxychloroquine are lying?

Nobody said anything about not using ventilator’s.
    Bummer that we can’t have a conversation without making up are own conclusions.
    Well - a few posts back you seemed to have made up your conclusion based off one half ass trial? And you didn't really seem to care about the issues and the bad science and tests within the retrospective study...

Retrospective analysis is good for determining what moves on to RCTs, not determining efficacy. But I know you could care less because one doctor "said it worked..."

Well - a few posts back you seemed to have made up your conclusion based off one half ass trial? And you didn't really seem to care about the issues and the bad science and tests within the retrospective study...

Retrospective analysis is good for determining what moves on to RCTs, not determining efficacy. But I know you could care less because one doctor "said it worked..."
    My conclusion was people should do what a trusted doctor recommendís when it comes to treatment.
    That would include ventilatorís. I have no take on ventilators, should be the doctors call.

If it becomes political it will be dealt with.

A pretty devastating analysis of HCQ (click through tweet). Worth reading.

My conclusion was people should do what a trusted doctor recommend’s when it comes to treatment.
    That would include ventilator’s. I have no take on ventilators, should be the doctors call.
    Hmm.. Interesting. Dr. Fauci recommends to wear a mask, as a mask is recommend to help prevent the spread/transmission of Covid.

But you don't (I believe you don't) or dislike that take - because originally he said people shouldn't (wayyy back when this virus first came out when we didn't know what we know today).

Isn't Dr. Fauci a trusted doctor? Isn't this doctor who has worked with the last six administrations and has been instrumental to help fight ID including AIDS, Zika, and Ebola epidemics a trustworthy person? If not, how and why did he get the role, why is he in the role today?

Maybe you (and many other people) should do what he says.
    Last edited by Peerless; 07-30-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    A pretty devastating analysis of HCQ (click through tweet). Worth reading.

Thanks for the find. Interesting read/data.

My conclusion is if you trust your doctor you should go with what they are finding success with.
    I wouldn’t tell anybody to use HCQ or not to because I am not a doctor. Joe Rogan talked recently on his show about a friend who had Covid really bad and was about to go on a ventilator and his doctor said I don’t think you will survive if you go on the ventilator. He followed hi s doctors advice and lived. I don’t think ventilator’s are bad based on that one case.
    It’s simple do what YOUr doctor tells you. Not what a national leader says, or some doctor or study says . Do what the physician you trust says. That’s my take on HCQ, or any other treatment for any illness.
    Joe Rogan? We're listening to Joe Rogan for ANYTHING.... well that's not wise....

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Joe Rogan? We're listening to Joe Rogan for ANYTHING.... well that's not wise....
    Joe Rogan would know. He's more tuned in than Fauci.

Instead of putting words into your mouth, I will give you an opportunity to answer a question and not assume.
    Do you believe all the doctors in the world who have had success treating patients with hydroxychloroquine are lying?
    I mean - if you want a straight up answer - yes? I think they are prescribing 'treatment' without knowing the full pharmacological effect regarding treatment. Have these doctors performed clinical trials that are randomized and controlled? Were age groups and other co-morbidities taken into account? What about other medications that the patient's were on or taking with the HCZ?

Lying is a strong word, but to give you a clear answer - yes.

The overwhelming clinical trials that have looked at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it is not effective in treating the coronavirus disease. And that is not an assumption. That is a scientific fact.

Here let me try and provide an analogy in this situation.

Let's say I just because I broke my arm and it hurt like hell - and didn't receive any pain medicine unfortunately, but received a hefty dose of IV Benadryl for nausea and passed out sleeping. It doesn't mean my pain is gone but now I'm sleeping, I'm not moaning, crying, or yelling - so it MUTS be effective, right?

Well - you and I both know it's inconclusive without an actual study. But we also know Benadryl is an antihistamine and has no effect on pain receptors
    Last edited by Peerless; 07-31-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I mean - if you want a straight up answer - yes? I think they are prescribing 'treatment' without knowing the full pharmacological effect regarding treatment. Have these doctors performed clinical trials that are randomized and controlled? Were age groups and other co-morbidities taken into account? What about other medications that the patient's were on or taking with the HCZ?

Lying is a strong word, but to give you a clear answer - yes.

The overwhelming clinical trials that have looked at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it is not effective in treating the coronavirus disease. And that is not an assumption. That is a scientific fact.

Here let me try and provide an analogy in this situation.

Let's say I just because I broke my arm and it hurt like hell - and didn't receive any pain medicine unfortunately, but received a hefty dose of IV Benadryl for nausea and passed out sleeping. It doesn't mean my pain is gone but if I'm sleeping, I'm not moaning, crying, or yelling, so it must be effective, right?

Well - you and I both know it's inconclusive without an actual study. But we also know Benadryl is an antihistamine and has no effect on pain receptors
    Yea, it's a bunch of anecdotal evidence. "Oh yea, I tried it, it worked." No way of knowing if those same patients would have had the exact same recovery rate without the drug.

The actual evidence shows it has zero impact, but people aren't listening to scientific fact, they are listening to anecdotal evidence of misleading doctors who think they're doing a good thing.