Page 128 of 147 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2202

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Hmm.. Interesting. Dr. Fauci recommends to wear a mask, as a mask is recommend to help prevent the spread/transmission of Covid.

But you don't (I believe you don't) or dislike that take - because originally he said people shouldn't (wayyy back when this virus first came out when we didn't know what we know today).

Isn't Dr. Fauci a trusted doctor? Isn't this doctor who has worked with the last six administrations and has been instrumental to help fight ID including AIDS, Zika, and Ebola epidemics a trustworthy person? If not, how and why did he get the role, why is he in the role today?

Maybe you (and many other people) should do what he says.
    How many patients has Fauci treated for Covid?
    Oh wait! Zero right!!! He’s just read studies backed by companies who are about to make billions off the vaccine .

I wore a mask when he was telling us not too!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Joe Rogan would know. He's more tuned in than Fauci.

I don’t remember Rogan telling people to not wear masks, or telling people that Covid wasn’t a concern for the United States!
    Facts!!

I mean - if you want a straight up answer - yes? I think they are prescribing 'treatment' without knowing the full pharmacological effect regarding treatment. Have these doctors performed clinical trials that are randomized and controlled? Were age groups and other co-morbidities taken into account? What about other medications that the patient's were on or taking with the HCZ?

Lying is a strong word, but to give you a clear answer - yes.

The overwhelming clinical trials that have looked at the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have indicated that it is not effective in treating the coronavirus disease. And that is not an assumption. That is a scientific fact.

Here let me try and provide an analogy in this situation.

Let's say I just because I broke my arm and it hurt like hell - and didn't receive any pain medicine unfortunately, but received a hefty dose of IV Benadryl for nausea and passed out sleeping. It doesn't mean my pain is gone but now I'm sleeping, I'm not moaning, crying, or yelling - so it MUTS be effective, right?

Well - you and I both know it's inconclusive without an actual study. But we also know Benadryl is an antihistamine and has no effect on pain receptors
    What proof do you have their patients didn’t benefit from the treatment?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-31-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    How many patients has Fauci treated for Covid?
    Oh wait! Zero right!!! He’s just read studies backed by companies who are about to make billions off the vaccine .

I wore a mask when he was telling us not too!
    Just using your words my man. You said - "People should do what a trusted doctor recommends" remember?

I'll trust the doc who has been at the helm of the International Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. That notion right there tells me he's pretty trustworthy. Would't you agree? Or has he been in a position for over 20 years and is just a liar?

My proof is their lack of concrete proof that it worked! On top of the lack of proof, no research or clinical studies to back up the said intervention for success!

And school is right around the corner

https://www.ajc.com/news/coronavirus...urce=intown_tw

Just using your words my man. You said - "People should do what a trusted doctor recommends" remember?

I'll trust the doc who has been at the helm of the International Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984. That notion right there tells me he's pretty trustworthy. Would't you agree? Or has he been in a position for over 20 years and is just a liar?
    How many patients has Fauci treated?
    I haven’t called any doctors liars. I think Fauci was wrong when he informed the entire country not to wear masks.

I believe you called hundreds of doctors who claim to have had success liars.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-31-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Pretty sure Dr. Fauci doesn't play the role as a bedside doctor. Did you think - as the head of ID he would?

I don’t remember Rogan telling people to not wear masks, or telling people that Covid wasn’t a concern for the United States!
    Facts!!
    Are you kidding? Yes, he has...See his discussion with Bill Burr...

Have you not been paying attention to the NUMEROUS scientifically backed studies that have been posted in this thread?

I haven’t called any doctors liars. I think Fauci was wrong when he informed the entire country not to wear masks.

I believe you called hundreds of doctors who claim to have had success liars.
    How often does your supervisor do your job hands on? Do you still trust him to know what's best for managing? He, like Fauci is in a position of authority. He may not work hands on, but he knows what he's doing, that's why he's in the position he is in...

Again, you keep clinging to the tentative information he gave when the entire nation knew very little about this virus. We're past that point, he has more data to work with and can make a better informed advisory regarding masks. Much like Fauci, if there was a new process put in work at your job, your supervisor may not be fully aware of the best way to handle the procedure until it has been in place for a bit and he's gained some knowledge about how well the process works. Your job after seeing the process in effect, may decide to adjust things and make some changes based of data gathered.

Same thing here... Not at all a difficult concept, pretty common to see for those of us in the working world.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 08-01-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Fauci has a conflict of interest:

January 15, 2020, the first US Covid patient was treated with Remdesivir, a drug developed in the fight against Ebola. 1 month later, the drug was being mass-produced in China. Late Feb., the US began evaluating the drug.

Remdesivir is manufactured by a company called, Gilead Sciences. There is a doctor promoting this pharmaceutical company. It is Dr. Fauci.

Hydroxychloroquine has been used for over 60 years, is very inexpensive and has a very high success rate against Covid-19. Several manufacturing companies make it.

Remdesivir is manufactured by one company and according to Fiercepharma.com, is said to cost $4,460 per course of treatment. Does Fauci only want Remdesivir to be used because of his financial ties to its manufacturer? Is this why he does not support the use of Hydroxychloroquine.

Fauci in a March Radio interview:
    CHRIS STIGALL:If you’re a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try [Chloroquine] and you’re their doctor, you’re not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say ‘alright, we’ll give it a whirl’?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option. You want to give them hope. In fact, for physicians in this country, these drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They’re anti-malaria drugs and they’re drugs against certain autoimmune diseases, like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not originally approved for. People do that all the time, and it really is an individual choice between the physician and his or her patient as to whether or not they want to do that.

Fauci in a March Radio interview:
    CHRIS STIGALL:If you’re a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try [Chloroquine] and you’re their doctor, you’re not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say ‘alright, we’ll give it a whirl’?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option. You want to give them hope. In fact, for physicians in this country, these drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They’re anti-malaria drugs and they’re drugs against certain autoimmune diseases, like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not originally approved for. People do that all the time, and it really is an individual choice between the physician and his or her patient as to whether or not they want to do that.
    Is there a link to this interview?

It would, at the very least, indicate that Fauci doesn’t view Chloroquine as harmful.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Is there a link to this interview?

It would, at the very least, indicate that Fauci doesn’t view Chloroquine as harmful.
    Again, in March, before countless studies showing no impact... It's one thing if he said that today, but we're bringing up quotes from the very beginning when we had ZERO data on this thing to base our judgement off of... Since then the studies have shown the drug can cause heart problems in some patients and doesn't have any major impact on recovery rates. He wouldn't say the same thing if asked today.