Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1364

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Because people don’t like being under house arrest? Or maybe kids like to play at parks? Chain them to their video game consoles. Crazy people.
    They removed tape signaling the park was closed. They were told they could utilize other areas of the park. She asked to be arrested after repeated warnings. She wasn't charged for disobeying the Governors orders, but for trespassing on a closed playground. She probably gets a slap on the wrist and it all ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I've seen that video of the lady getting arrested in the park before. My question is - why are so many other people there, and why is nobody in the video wearing masks? Seems like an old video.
    It’s about 1.5-2 weeks old. This is my hometown and is about a mile from where I live. There’s more to the story than this. For one the infection rate in Idaho has come to a screetching halt. Wearing masks at the park is borderline ridiculous, but thats a different story.
    She was arrested because the playground was taped off and she ripped the tape off to let the kids play there. Then the arresting officer told her they could hang out anywhere in the park, but not on the playground. He asked her nicely several times but she refused to comply. She then got arrested and escalated the situation by getting that jack ass Ammon Bundy involved who took his group of goons to the arresting officers home address to protest. Where his family is!!! I was so pissed, as were many people here. She later apologized and said the stress of being at home was getting to her.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-30-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They removed tape signaling the park was closed. They were told they could utilize other areas of the park. She asked to be arrested after repeated warnings. She wasn't charged for disobeying the Governors orders, but for trespassing on a closed playground. She probably gets a slap on the wrist and it all ends.
    The citation was nothing. She was brutalized in social media here locally for about a week. She got her just reward. Being a knucklehead is one thing, but the protest at the arresting officers house was over the line. They didn’t even ask her to leave the park. They asked her to get off the playground. The playground was the only thing closed, not the park.

They put a mother in jail for trespassing, while local prosecutors and prison officials in Idaho are releasing prisoners to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. How ironic.

Because people don’t like being under house arrest? Or maybe kids like to play at parks? Chain them to their video game consoles. Crazy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It’s about 1.5-2 weeks old. This is my hometown and is about a mile from where I live. There’s more to the story than this. For one the infection rate in Idaho has come to a screetching halt. Wearing masks at the park there is borderline ridiculous, but thats a different story.
    She was arrested because the playground was taped off and she ripped the tape off to let the kids play there. Then the arresting officer told her they could hang out anywhere in the park, but not on the playground. He asked her nicely several times but she refused to comply. She then got attested and escalated the situation by getting that jack ass Ammon Bundy involved who took his group of goons to the arresting officers home address to protest. Where his family is!!! I was so pissed, as were many people here. She later apologized and said the stress of being at home was getting to her.
    Thanks for adding the facts to the story.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

They put a mother in jail for trespassing, while local prosecutors and prison officials in Idaho are releasing prisoners to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. How ironic.
    Where did you hear we’re releasing prisoners? I live here and I’ve not heard that.

It’s about 1.5-2 weeks old. This is my hometown and is about a mile from where I live. There’s more to the story than this. For one the infection rate in Idaho has come to a screetching halt. Wearing masks at the park there is borderline ridiculous, but thats a different story.
    She was arrested because the playground was taped off and she ripped the tape off to let the kids play there. Then the arresting officer told her they could hang out anywhere in the park, but not on the playground. He asked her nicely several times but she refused to comply. She then got attested and escalated the situation by getting that jack ass Ammon Bundy involved who took his group of goons to the arresting officers home address to protest. Where his family is!!! I was so pissed, as were many people here. She later apologized and said the stress of being at home was getting to her.
    Speaking of the masks, do you have a mask mandate there? Denver doesn't yet, but it looks like the Mayor will impose one, but he is not extending the stay at home orders. Seems like that's the tradeoff here.

Speaking of the masks, do you have a mask mandate there? Denver doesn't yet, but it looks like the Mayor will impose one, but he is not extending the stay at home orders. Seems like that's the tradeoff here.
    Tomorrow is a soft open, or stage 1 if you will. Wearing masks in public is encouraged but not mandatory, of course some places will not let you in without one beginning in a few days. Idaho really doesn’t arrest people for gathering or having their businesses open. The police here will more or less just “educate”. This lady at the park is an isolated incident.

She literally broke the rules of the city in front of officers who gave her multiple opportunities to do something else in the park. She made it difficult for herself.

Where did you hear we’re releasing prisoners? I live here and I’ve not heard that.
    “In order to make release decisions that do not jeopardize public safety, we are looking at the facts and circumstances of each case, criminal history of each offender and whether the victim or the public is at risk,” the prosecutor’s office said through its spokeswoman, Emily Lowe. “Our office is reviewing the daily arrests and, where the risk to the public is low, we are utilizing all tools available to reduce the jail population, such as pretrial release, in order to expedite release from jail.”

The 3rd Judicial District, which includes Canyon County, also extended the period of time that people have to complete their inmate labor detail. This means defendants who were ordered by a judge to complete sheriff’s inmate labor detail by May 31 will have an extra 60 days to complete the sentence. Canyon County’s work release inmates were released once the outbreak hit and must report back to the jail starting May 20.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...241464871.html

She literally broke the rules of the city in front of officers who gave her multiple opportunities to do something else in the park. She made it difficult for herself.
    Gave her opportunities to use a park the citizens paid for? How generous.

What you’re saying is all people should be arrested for breaking rules (laws)?

Gave her opportunities to use a park the citizens paid for? How generous.

What you’re saying is all people should be arrested for breaking rules (laws)?
    The citizens also voted for people to make rules. But I digress.

Some good news maybe. Just received an email from the Rockies to hold onto my tickets that go from June 1 to September. SO maybe we are one step closer to sports. Crossing fingers.

The citizens also voted for people to make rules. But I digress.
    You didn’t answer the question. Your position is that all people who break a rule, in this case trespassing, should be arrested. Got it.

If a public official breaks an order during the shut down for Covid-19, should that official be cited/arrested?

You didn’t answer the question. Your position is that all people who break a rule, in this case trespassing, should be arrested. Got it.

If a public official breaks an order during the shut down for Covid-19, should that official be cited/arrested?
    How about you answer a question....should we only follow rules/laws we like or agree with?

This lady was not a martyr, she organized a protest, broke the tape on a closed playground, ignored repeated requests to leave with no consequence, and begged to be arrested and have people film it.