Page 136 of 148 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2207

Thread: Corona virus

  1. #2026
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,308
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I love visiting South Dakota! Been there several times and I recommend it. The Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, The Badlands, Caves, and so much more, including Sturgis. Keep going west and you are into Wyoming and onto Yellowstone if you so wish.

    But I find the decision to move forward and the way it is being handled as a disappointment, especially given that in a survey of residents by the city, more than 60% said the rally should be postponed.

    Bikers often represent all types of folks within a population. They are wise. I think this could have been handled different, even if the rally was allowed to continue. Heck, bikers wear cool garb, including interesting scarves. Why not show 'em off when in close proximity!!
    My comment about them not caring was for some comments I had read. I know not all of the bikers feel that way. I should not post when I am in a hurry. Nothing you said. Just wanted to clarify.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  2. #2027
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    My comment about them not caring was for some comments I had read. I know not all of the bikers feel that way. I should not post when I am in a hurry. Nothing you said. Just wanted to clarify.
    To be sure, I only responded to your post because I agree with your main point. This should have either been postponed (per the wishes of the residents) or held with covid related respect. That does not have to mean masks all the time, but when in close proximity. I often see biker respect for one another....this may not have been that hard to encourage in terms of health and safety.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.

  3. #2028
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,369
    There will be a lot of fallout from that event,..,it is days of cramped close quarter bike. Events, sales booths, etc... it’ll be pretty hard to say it’s not a bad idea to go ahead...

    But it that many people can get together to protest... hey why not, right?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  4. #2029
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    I am still impressed with the way The NHL has handled the pandemic. Golf too, and basketball. I read what a local sports reporter had to say about his experience in Edmonton, as an NHL hub city, and it was pretty positive. He stated that The NHL was really on top of their game, and so far it has proven to be successful. Fingers crossed.

  5. #2030
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    There will be a lot of fallout from that event,..,it is days of cramped close quarter bike. Events, sales booths, etc... it’ll be pretty hard to say it’s not a bad idea to go ahead...

    But it that many people can get together to protest... hey why not, right?
    Not going to debate the validity of protests, but I would offer that each event is on its own to do the best they can, given the covid situation. In this case, an entertainment event that is not supported by the local residents.

  6. #2031
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not going to debate the validity of protests, but I would offer that each event is on its own to do the best they can, given the covid situation. In this case, an entertainment event that is not supported by the local residents.
    It is supported by all the business's though. That event brings in an enormous amount of revenue for that area....and everywhere in between

  7. #2032
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,369
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It is supported by all the business's though. That event brings in an enormous amount of revenue for that area....and everywhere in between
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/us/st...rnd/index.html

    Greta article on the thought process into this going on.,,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  8. #2033
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,369
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not going to debate the validity of protests, but I would offer that each event is on its own to do the best they can, given the covid situation. In this case, an entertainment event that is not supported by the local residents.
    No support by 60% of the residence......
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  9. #2034
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,515
    Read we broke 5 million cases now
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  10. #2035
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,881
    So.... I have a buddy that got back from trip to Denver. His boss told him to go get tested before he comes back to work. He tested positive!!

    I talked to him again roughly 2 weeks later and asked him how his experience was. He laughed, he said what experience!! "I never had a fever...never had nothing" but somehow tested positive???

    He said he was sick as a dog back in February but had been fine since. I'm sure all these positive tests are REALLY accurate too. What a joke!! 5 million cases? I bet it's probably half that!!

  11. #2036
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    So.... I have a buddy that got back from trip to Denver. His boss told him to go get tested before he comes back to work. He tested positive!!

    I talked to him again roughly 2 weeks later and asked him how his experience was. He laughed, he said what experience!! "I never had a fever...never had nothing" but somehow tested positive???

    He said he was sick as a dog back in February but had been fine since. I'm sure all these positive tests are REALLY accurate too. What a joke!! 5 million cases? I bet it's probably half that!!
    Based on????????

  12. #2037
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It is supported by all the business's though. That event brings in an enormous amount of revenue for that area....and everywhere in between
    You know what brings in loads of money? Fans in the stands in all sports. Not happening for a reason. Revenue is not the only answer.

  13. #2038
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,567
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I love visiting South Dakota! Been there several times and I recommend it. The Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, The Badlands, Caves, and so much more, including Sturgis. Keep going west and you are into Wyoming and onto Yellowstone if you so wish.

    But I find the decision to move forward and the way it is being handled as a disappointment, especially given that in a survey of residents by the city, more than 60% said the rally should be postponed.

    Bikers often represent all types of folks within a population. They are wise. I think this could have been handled different, even if the rally was allowed to continue. Heck, bikers wear cool garb, including interesting scarves. Why not show 'em off when in close proximity!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    No support by 60% of the residence......
    Are we agreeing?

  14. #2039
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Read we broke 5 million cases now
    We should question why in the last two weeks we have reported 7-8 times as many new positive tests as Europe even though they have more than twice as many people.

    We should also question why France and Italy in the last two weeks reported 1 death per 500-600k population...Spain 1 death per 1.1 mil population....and the USA reported 1 death per 21k population.

    Also wonder if people are trying to explain why the death rate was 7% at one time and now it appears to be hovering at 1% in the USA. That is a little easier to guess considering they were only testing the most sick and the old for the first 1+ month of testing....and they did not even start testing until 1+ month after the first infection in Washington. They had to fly the sample from Washington to Atlanta because they was the only place in the USA on Jan 19 that could do the test.
    In the last 45 years the Broncos have drafted in the top 10 five times. They have drafted in the top 15 twelve times. Some may want them to draft a top 5 pick but the Broncos are not as bad they want them to be.

  15. #2040
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    WLmart Canada has announced it will me mask mandatory for all customers as of aug 12th

    I might shop other places as I donít like wearing the masks...

    But I will not walk into the stores and challenge the rule....

    There is the difference between reasonable and u reasonable reactions...

    Pulling guns, deliberately breaking rules just to make a point, calling out others publicly .. thatís not cool..
    Our WalMart instituted the same thing here a few weeks ago. They have store personnel at a checkpoint funneling customers in one at a time and counting the number that come and leave - apparently they've defined some store occupancy maximum to allow safe distancing. Yet the lady I mentioned in my previous post was allowed to wander around without a mask just so she could make a political statement. Did she wear a mask to get in the store then take it off? Did she walk in without one challenging the employees to make a scene and they backed down? I don't know, but as others here have pointed out, if mask/distancing was some kind of personal choice that only affected the person choosing (like not wearing a seat belt) it would be one thing, but this lady - and I'd bet a dollar to a donut she attended governor candidate Loren Culp's 500+ person no mask/no distancing rally the week before - is spreading whatever she was exposed to with no consideration of the consequences so she can exercise her personal freedom to the fullest.

    With freedom comes responsibility, but I guess many Americans forget that part of the deal when it becomes inconvenient.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •