• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JvDub95
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    See, I can't speak to that. That would be horrible (if true). I can't say I've heard of that anywhere else, or in my neck of the woods. But even so, that's not Fauci's fault.

But look. you totally disregarded my response to your post about Facui's "prediction" and started another topic. Why? I was responding to your post about how you think he 'predicted Covid'.

Yet, not response from you after actual factual quotes (from Facui) and supportive evidence. Onto your next issue I assume?
    Ok, IN 2017 FAUCI SAID TRUMP WOULD FACE A SURPRISE OUTBREAK. He did not predict covid 19 but he certainly warned of a possible outbreak.

FAUCI (I spelled it right for you) ....

"There will be a surprise outbreak and I hope that at the end of my relatively short presentation you will understand why the history over the last 32 years that I’ve been the director of NIAID will tell the next administration that there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they will be faced with challenges that their predecessors were faced with," Fauci said in 2017.

So yes, Fauci did say there would be a surprise disease facing the Trump administration. Don't tell me that he was generalizing what presidents "could" face when all of a sudden it's here

​​​​

Comment

• Peerless
      Football Immortal
      • May 2004

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Fauci is not to blame for most of what has happened. He had a chance to use his influence to stop it but didn’t see it as a threat until it was to late, fair enough.

As far as changing the subject you just did the same thing about Fauci

I don’t understand why you did a laughing emoji after the death count.
      Well, if ya REALLY need an explanation:

I was laughing at the fact that people would criticize one of the only proven and distinguished infection disease experts (who has worked with the last SIX administrations) over a few cherry picked comments - verses people who would literally call this pandemic a hoax and claim that it'll "just go away" after it has revealed to have killed many people.

Do you get that? Or do I need to write it down and draw colored pictures for you to comprehend?
      Last edited by Peerless; 07-28-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
        Football Immortal
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        It's like you consciously just ignored everything he said and heard only what you were wanting to hear....
        Fauci’s job is to prevent and diagnose infectious disease. He failed at that! Saying January 21st it’s not a concern right now but keep up with the WHO and CDC is lazy in my opinion. He did nothing when the country needed him. He’s the expert if he doesn’t think it’s a big deal who should have?
        Fortunately, Fauci was overruled in the travel ban from China.

Fauci going on to instruct people not to wear masks also hurt the country. In my opinion many people lost all credibility when they were told not to wear masks and then all the sudden told to wear a mask by a man who is suppose to be the expert.
        sigpic

Comment

• JvDub95
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Good advice.

We have left several warnings in this thread about politics. Last one was a couple of hours ago. Did you miss it?

It would be sad to have to permanently close this thread because people aren't listening to the warnings.
          My apologies, I'll steer clear of politics and religion

​​​​

Comment

• Peerless
            Football Immortal
            • May 2004

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Ok, IN 2017 FAUCI SAID TRUMP WOULD FACE A SURPRISE OUTBREAK. He did not predict covid 19 but he certainly warned of a possible outbreak.

FAUCI (I spelled it right for you) ....

"There will be a surprise outbreak and I hope that at the end of my relatively short presentation you will understand why the history over the last 32 years that I’ve been the director of NIAID will tell the next administration that there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they will be faced with challenges that their predecessors were faced with," Fauci said in 2017.

So yes, Fauci did say there would be a surprise disease facing the Trump administration. Don't tell me that he was generalizing what presidents "could" face when all of a sudden it's here
            Go back and re-read my post young buck. Read his words.

The history of the last 32 years that I have been the director of the NIAID will tell the next administration that there is no doubt they will be faced with the challenges their predecessors were faced with,” he said.

Guess what, he was right! His history of working with these outbreaks adds value to his prediction and how we should have had preparations and preventions in order!

What don't you understand from that?

It's sorta like - Hey I flunked my first 10 tests because I didn't study. I have an 11th test coming up.... I'm not going to study. Guess what will happen???
            Last edited by Peerless; 07-28-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
              Football Immortal
              • Jul 2013

Well, if ya REALLY need an explanation:

I was laughing at the fact that people would criticize one of the only proven and distinguished infections disease experts (who has worked with the last SIX administrations) over a few cherry picked comments - verses people who would literally call this pandemic a hoax and claim that it'll "just go away" after it has revealed to have killed many people.

Do you get that? Or do I need to write it down and draw colored pictures for you to comprehend?
              I remember when I first saw Fauci on tv. I was comforted when he said not a concern for the US. I went on to trust him, again, when he said don’t wear masks along with the surgeon general. After he was wrong on both I stopped trusting his expertise.
              As far as what people who are not considers experts in infectious disease I don’t view their opinion as something to put much trust in.
              sigpic

Comment

• JvDub95
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Go back and re-read my post young buck. Read his words.

The history of the last 32 years that I have been the director of the NIAID will tell the next administration that there is no doubt they will be faced with the challenges their predecessors were faced with,” he said.

Guess what, he was right! His history of working with these outbreaks adds value to his prediction and how we should have had preparations and preventions in order!

What don't you understand from that?

It's sorta like - Hey I flunked my first 10 tests because I didn't study. I have an 11th test coming up.... I'm not going to study. Guess what will happen???
                He's telling everyone that from his 32 years of experience that there will be something coming to the next administration?? I mean I read that right didn't I? So from working in his field for 32 years allows him to tell the future? So he'll be able to tell us when the next outbreak will be then

​​​​

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

He's telling everyone that from his 32 years of experience that there will be something coming to the next administration?? I mean I read that right didn't I? So from working in his field for 32 years allows him to tell the future? So he'll be able to tell us when the next outbreak will be then
                  He's saying every generation has to deal with something, expect it and be ready for it... IT's not hard to understand at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    I remember when I first saw Fauci on tv. I was comforted when he said not a concern for the US. I went on to trust him, again, when he said don’t wear masks along with the surgeon general. After he was wrong on both I stopped trusting his expertise.
                    As far as what people who are not considers experts in infectious disease I don’t view their opinion as something to put much trust in.
                    Oof, well I'm sorry you must be taking this pretty rough.

I mean, that's your opinion and that's fine. I'll trust the professionals, the researchers, the doctors. I'll trust science. I'm tired of repeating what I keep writing to you about the mask thing, about the cherry picked quotes, etc. It's literally like talking to a wall....

Based off a recent study from a Quinnipiac University poll you seem to be in the minority about who to trust. 65% of the people trust the top ID expert in Dr. Fauci, where's 67% of the people do not trust the current administration. (Insert fake news / reports / poll comments here).

But hey, two each there own.

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

Yeah - Freyaka summed it up nicely (again) for you:

He's saying every generation has to deal with something, expect it and be ready for it... IT's not hard to understand at all.

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

"that there is no doubt they will be faced with the challenges their predecessors were faced with,”

That's not generalizing other generations to come, that's telling this administration it's coming

​​​​

Comment

• Freyaka
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

"that there is no doubt they will be faced with the challenges their predecessors were faced with,”

That's not generalizing other generations to come, that's telling this administration it's coming
                          Talking to a wall is a great description Peerless...I can't... This is mind numbingly exhausting and I don't need infractions... Shouldn't have even poked back into this mess.
                          sigpic

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

Talking to a wall is a great description Peerless...I can't... This is mind numbingly exhausting and I don't need infractions... Shouldn't have even poked back into this mess.
                            "They" was referring to this administration wasn't it?

​​​​

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

So are you saying that Fauci caused it? Is this a conspiracy theory?

BTW.....you choose to believe what you want. You chose not to believe the death count. I've heard it might be higher. And for the record, say it was only 130,000....would that be a success story?? And even if 130,000, or even less (which I highly, highly doubt, given I am not an expert, and I tend to forfeit my best guess over data that is supplied from that department) at the rate this is going, you will likely lose a lot more lives....hopefully not. Not a good story, even if the numbers were a bit too high.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 07-28-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• 58Miller
                                Football Immortal
                                • Jul 2013

Oof, well I'm sorry you must be taking this pretty rough.

I mean, that's your opinion and that's fine. I'll trust the professionals, the researchers, the doctors. I'll trust science. I'm tired of repeating what I keep writing to you about the mask thing, about the cherry picked quotes, etc. It's literally like talking to a wall....

Based off a recent study from a Quinnipiac University poll you seem to be in the minority about who to trust. 65% of the people trust the top ID expert in Dr. Fauci, where's 67% of the people do not trust the current administration. (Insert fake news / reports / poll comments here).

But hey, two each there own.
                                Yeah we are t getting anywhere, I appreciate you attempting to explain your opinion of Fauci’s part in all this.

I rarely go to the doctor but if I do and he tells me I’m fine and I end up having pneumonia (true story) I change my doctor.

When doctors are wrong people get sick and die. They have a huge responsibility and need to be held accountable.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X