Page 95 of 140 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2097

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I don't think I'm being hysterical.
    I know.

Everyone, including me and you, have their own view of situations and our stances will never change.

Life is short and risk will always be around. I just hope people enjoy their lives and don't get consumed by worry.

@everybody with an opinion.

Please be respectful. Please be tactful. You venting your frustration, real as it is in your slice of the world, may be verbal barf on someone else who is struggling through this time.

That's it. That's the post.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I know.

Everyone, including me and you, have their own view of situations and our stances will never change.

Life is short and risk will always be around. I just hope people enjoy their lives and don't get consumed by worry.
    Yeah. This is one of those "We'll agree to disagree".

I'm enjoying life. There's a difference between being concerned and being consumed by worry.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I have always been very high on personal responsibility. Anything I do in life I own up to without any excuses.

So yes I do think that people who are vulnerable have the responsibility to protect themselves and take extra pre-cautions (and that is what I would do if I was in this category).

I would not expect everyone else to put their life on hold and wear masks all the time which are horrible, don't go to bars, restaurants, events, etc........, lose jobs, and tons of other restrictions I could name.

Lots of people have been working through this without any problems. They are not dropping down in the street, they are not dropping down as they walk past someone.

I am a clean person in life and am sensible, I have always carried anti-bac gel and I don't get in peoples personal space. I am all for sensible measures, but I am not in agreement with people who stop living their lives and lack perspective and show their hysteria.

Your last line about wanting to live is the hysteria I am talking about. Imagine me saying to my partner "sorry hunny I can't drive on the mototway/freeway today because I want to live" or "I'm not drinking alcohol or eating fast food because I want to live".

People can be sensible without these extreme reactions.
    You are not being hysterical. In fact, you are being extremely normal.

Sorry bronx, but we will not see eye to eye on this topic. This is still a dangerous situation, and not just for the elderly or those with weak immune systems. And if I were young and really healthy I would still not take this for granted. In fact, I got tested weeks ago, more so because if I had it, I was going to infect my wife and others. And I am not here to ruin others' lives. This is different than if a person recklessly takes chances...with their own life. This is about infecting others, and possibly causing permanent damage or even killing someone,

No one is stopping folks from living, as long as they respect others, especially in high risk zones. Heck I live in place where there are many days with zero cases, but that does stop me or many, many others from wearing masks, or at least distancing. And one never knows who will be impacted in a very bad way.....even if they appear to be younger and stronger.

The great news....where I live we are moving forward, because we have kept this thing down. And it took a lot of caring people, who showed respect for those they don't even know. And they showed patience and respect...which seems to be paying off, with low numbers of health issues and gradual but steady return to normal.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I had to quote and bold this.

Sorry bronx, but we will not see eye to eye on this topic. This is still a dangerous situation, and not just for the elderly or those with weak immune systems. And if I were young and really healthy I would still not take this for granted. In fact, I got tested weeks ago, more so because if I had it, I was going to infect my wife and others. And I am not here to ruin others' lives. This is different than if a person recklessly takes chances...with their own life. This is about infecting others, and possibly causing permanent damage or even killing someone,

No one is stopping folks from living, as long as they respect others, especially in high risk zones. Heck I live in place where there are many days with zero cases, but that does stop me or many, many others from wearing masks, or at least distancing. And one never knows who will be impacted in a very bad way.....even if they appear to be younger and stronger.

The great news....where I live we are moving forward, because we have kept this thing down. And it took a lot of caring people, who showed respect for those they don't even know. And they showed patience and respect...which seems to be paying off, with low numbers of health issues and gradual but steady return to normal.
    I've said it from the beginning. I appreciate people who take precautions to protect others.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

It depends what you mean by normal. The vast majority of people in the UK have the same opinion as me. I speak to people here about it and when the weather is nice the beaches, parks, etc...... are packed. When the pubs and restaurants opened up Saturday they were all full. Life is short and we intend to enjoy it as much as we can, we work enough in the week to deserve some good times.

I don't know what the states and Canada have been like but the UK never took to the mask. When you are out you might see 1 in 20/30 wearing one, except on trains and buses where they are meant to be enforced (although rarely are).

Everyone has their own opinion but for me the risk is so low of firstly me catching the virus and secondly going to hospital (around 0.3 pc) that I'm certainly not going to stop living my life or worry about something that is so unlikely to happen, and there was risk and illness before Covid and there will be after it. Some people forget that illness and death was around long before Covid.

As I said I'm a hygienic person anyway because I don't like catching colds and bugs, and I work with kids, but I think some people have lost all sense of perspective and rational thinking during the last few months.

Anyway, everyone will live their life how they want to, just throwing in my perspective.

I’m kind of the balance here.. my work put me on the front lines during this whole thing...but I live it what is considered a very safe area.. low # of cases.

I respect the mask wearing, and hand washing and personal space..I’ll do the extra things to make people feel, and be safer.... but I won’t tolerate people freaking out at me because they feel I’m not doing enough..,to their standards..

So..as Rastic said... let’s all have our opinions... but be respectful Of each other’s situations and handling of it...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I had to quote and bold this.

I've said it from the beginning. I appreciate people who take precautions to protect others.
    I'm not going to labour my point but would just like to point out that I am fine with people like myself who take sensible precautions (anti-bac gel, not getting in peoples personal space, not visiting elderly or vulnerable people) but the people who do silly things like cross over the road to avoid any human I just see as ridiculous, and this massive over-reaction has cost thousands of people their livelihoods and destroyed lots of businesses (espeically independent ones).

If people nowadays acted with common sense and balance/perspective then destroying the economy and wrecking a ton of lives could have been avoided. Over-reaction is dangeorus, and the stats of covid clearly show that the reaction of countries have been extreme, for fear of being criticised by the small minority (common place in many areas now)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I’m kind of the balance here.. my work put me on the front lines during this whole thing...but I live it what is considered a very safe area.. low # of cases.

I respect the mask wearing, and hand washing and personal space..I’ll do the extra things to make people feel, and be safer.... but I won’t tolerate people freaking out at me because they feel I’m not doing enough..,to their standards..

So..as Rastic said... let’s all have our opinions... but be respectful Of each other’s situations and handling of it...
    We opened pubs and restaurants Saturday and some people on twitter over here wanted the people who went to them (I was one) arrested and charged with manslaughter lol, this is the kind of irrational garbage that just leaves me shaking my head and what I mean by 'perspective'.

I'm not going to labour my point but would just like to point out that I am fine with people like myself who take sensible precautions (anti-bac gel, not getting in peoples personal space, not visiting elderly or vulnerable people) but the people who do silly things like cross over the road to avoid any human I just see as ridiculous, and this massive over-reaction has cost thousands of people their livelihoods and destroyed lots of businesses (espeically independent ones).

If people nowadays acted with common sense and balance/perspective then destroying the economy and wrecking a ton of lives could have been avoided. Over-reaction is dangeorus, and the stats of covid clearly show that the reaction of countries have been extreme, for fear of being criticised by the small minority (common place in many areas now)
    I will argue that, had officials been on this in a more timely manner, thousands and thousands of folks would not be impaired, or in fact, have passed away.

And I am not saying that where I live we aced it, but in parts of Canada for sure we have managed very well, and accelerated the process of return to normal, using patience and caution and respect as a guide. I may be wrong, but safety first is a good way to assess most things in life. And if you do so responsibly, you will be surprised how things will improve economically, mentally and so on.

I will argue that, had officials been on this in a more timely manner, thousands and thousands of folks would not be impaired, or in fact, have passed away.

And I am not saying that where I live we aced it, but in parts of Canada for sure we have managed very well, and accelerated the process of return to normal, using patience and caution and respect as a guide. I may be wrong, but safety first is a good way to assess most things in life. And if you do so responsibly, you will be surprised how things will improve economically, mentally and so on.
    I think the biggest mistake here in the UK, and from what I have seen on the news in the states as well, is the lack of attention given to care homes/elderly resident facilities, where a large number of covid deaths have come from.

That is what annoys me. These leaders will disrupt peoples lives and destroy the economy for a virus effecting less then 1% of people but neglect an area that is genuinely high risk.

You're being level headed... I'll leave it at that, I have some things I wanna say towards the post you quoted, but we'll just stick to the nice CoC friendly "ignoring it exists"

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post

This is similar to my point of view and experience. I've kept working the entire time (I'm considered an essential service). I also don't mind trying to do things to keep other people happy and safe, but the little things get to me, especially when people start lecturing about them. For instance:

I was in a grocery store a couple of weeks ago, and this store has arrows on the ground (I hate the arrows because they're irrational, if I'm going to get infected by someone because I'm going the other way in an aisle, than I'm probably going to get it going the same way as them...but I digress) and I was following the arrows, went down one aisle looking for a product my wife wanted, Diet Pepsi, upon seeing they were out of the bottles I took two or three steps back the opposite way to get her Coke Zero, and immediately a lady who works in the store started telling me that I'm not supposed to go against the arrows. I snapped at her a little bit (not really, just fired back at her in a snarky tone) and told her that sometimes people need to take a couple of steps back to get a different product when the one they want is out of stock, and she immediately apologized and walked away.

Those are the things that bother me right now, because it's irrational. Frankly if it were that easy to spread Covid, and someone had it, them doing an unnecessary loop to the end of the aisle, back down another aisle, and then back up the one they were originally in would be a lot more of an issue for spreading it than someone taking a few steps the opposite way.

You aren't.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

People can call me selfish but it is not my responsibility to protect vulnerable people, I am just going to carry on living my life as normal as possible.

I know the world we live in nowadays is all about drama and being very self-righteous (seeing that a lot at the moment) but people need to seriously get a grip and start living their lives.
    These two statements go together like peas and carrots.