Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148
Results 2,206 to 2,213 of 2213

Thread: Corona virus

Colorado schools and Universities opened up, so obviously our numbers went up. CU went remote already.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I was just thinking about asking the same thing.

Doing good, thanks. Has work settled down for you?
    Work has settled down which is nice. But with UW opening up, of course we had a huge surge in cases in the state (which I'm not surprised about).

Oh well. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and try and distance yourself from others. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Work has settled down which is nice. But with UW opening up, of course we had a huge surge in cases in the state (which I'm not surprised about).

Oh well. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and try and distance yourself from others. Life goes on.
    Wash, rinse, repeat. We should have this down by now.

With the annual potential for the flu, the phrase I read is "twindemic".....but not to be taken lightly.

We've discussed in the past, that because of age and such, we will be getting a flu shot early. I know it's not the be all end all, but we want to minimize our chances for either to infect us. For me, it's about increasing probabilities of success, by doing all the recommended covid steps (masks, social distancing, wash hands) and gaining any flu related advantage possible, even if it's just a smallish %.

Just don't want to be wondering what is causing what, if at all possible. It may tax the medical community to be testing a big increase of folks.
    Last edited by CanDB; Today at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Colorado schools and Universities opened up, so obviously our numbers went up. CU went remote already.
    My wife works from home and my 3 kids do school on line. Iím glad I can go to the office. Thereís no way our wifi could handle me there too.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    With the annual potential for the flu, the phrase I read is "twindemic".....but not to be taken lightly.

We've discussed in the past, that because of age and such, we will be getting a flu shot early. I know it's not the be all end all, but we want to minimize our chances for either to infect us. For me, it's about increasing probabilities of success, by doing all the recommended covid steps (masks, social distancing, wash hands) and gaining any flu related advantage possible, even if it's just a smallish %.

Just don't want to be wondering what is causing what, if at all possible. It may tax the medical community to be testing a big increase of folks.
    The flu season in Australia was actually much less severe this year because of the guidelines put in place. The "twindemic" phrase is stupid, and a creation of the media to sell fear. The seasonal flu isn't considered a pandemic.

Moreover the Covid cases right now in Canada are skewing heavily towards younger, healthier people getting it, which is why the hospitalizations, ICU cases and deaths haven't increased in the same way the case numbers have. I found out some interesting information on the Manitoba numbers, the numbers this week were almost all from young millennials getting and spreading Covid at the club. One person infected 36 others at the club.

As long as you're not going to clubs and keeping the other precautions, you'll probably be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The flu season in Australia was actually much less severe this year because of the guidelines put in place. The "twindemic" phrase is stupid, and a creation of the media to sell fear. The seasonal flu isn't considered a pandemic. I don't need the media to make me concerned about a topic I can fully grasp. It was easier in non flu season to determine the likelihood of a covid infection.

Moreover the Covid cases right now in Canada are skewing heavily towards younger, healthier people getting it, which is why the hospitalizations, ICU cases and deaths haven't increased in the same way the case numbers have. I found out some interesting information on the Manitoba numbers, the numbers this week were almost all from young millennials getting and spreading Covid at the club. One person infected 36 others at the club.

As long as you're not going to clubs and keeping the other precautions, you'll probably be fine.
    First, the term means little in itself, but the concept of dealing with a pandemic, which appears to be spiking in various parts of the world, and having the threat of overlapping flu/colds, makes me concerned. So I will do my due diligence.

And as I live in Manitoba, I am not pleased, nor are the people who I know that actually live here, that the numbers are considerably higher. Rules are going to change in terms of how we manage the pandemic. Whether it be younger folks or not, Winnipeg had 0 cases for a good chunk of a month (in July) and now we have hit 44 in one day. Try telling the folks that live here that it's easy to understand.

Further, if we are spiking, and I think Alberta is still vulnerable (you tell me, you live there), and places like The UK and France are also spiking, I think folks need to take this as seriously as ever. Whether young or not, carriers cause infection to those around them, and the virus could care less how old those folks are.
    Last edited by CanDB; Today at 04:12 PM.

Further to....we were going to have Thanksgiving here, for 8 of us, but have just decided as a group to cancel or postpone. As we speak. That's what's going in The Peg. And I really trust my family members.