Page 100 of 137 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2047

Thread: Corona virus

https://www.facebook.com/caitlinlhal...58321595630813

Another good visual demonstration for those not getting it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think that's self evident given similar comments by others here, and with the more accurate description of "potentially harming".

I will give you my simple view on this. I had a smallish sore throat (with no other symptoms). I've had them a number of times over the years, but because I had a couple of appointments coming up, I decided to get tested before I went, just in case. Plus I would not want to infect my wife. So for me, instead of just thinking I'm ok, my responsibility made me do the simple thing....get a test, and wear a mask when going out. I could have made an assumption that all was well. I tested negative. But I still wear a mask when in tight places, even though we are almost free of any cases. I don't want to get the virus, and I do not want to share it. I would feel worse to pass it on.

So if I stated that it's my right not to wear or mask, or in this case, not get tested, I could pass the virus on, which is potentially harmful to others. And I feel the same way with social distancing...it's my responsibility to keep a distance.

Now maybe ask the others here who have said basically the same thing. Maybe my view is unique. Maybe I am over-cautious. There's at least 2 more well known members on this very page.
    That sounds like your saying if you feel sick get checked out, I think that makes a lot of sense right now.
    Is that why you think cases have gone up? People feeling sick and going around others anyway? Thatís just selfish.

I think the area I struggle with is if people choose to go to a bar. If they do that they know the risks but should realize that means their should quarantine from loved ones if they feel sick or in general.
    Exercising liberties involves responsibility.
    Having a gun for example, itís your right but itís a huge responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    That sounds like your saying if you feel sick get checked out, I think that makes a lot of sense right now.
    Is that why you think cases have gone up? People feeling sick and going around others anyway? That’s just selfish.

I think the area I struggle with is if people choose to go to a bar. If they do that they know the risks but should realize that means their should quarantine from loved ones if they feel sick or in general.
    Exercising liberties involves responsibility.
    Having a gun for example, it’s your right but it’s a huge responsibility.
    I thought you were sort of pressing me for a good example, but I can see by your response we are talking pretty similar things, as in, be responsible. Yes, that's a simple but critical thing we all do....take things seriously, and responsibly. We teach our children those values, but sometimes we adults fail to follow through.

But in terms of getting tested, washing our hands properly, wearing a mask and social distancing, I do believe we should consider others, even if we do not feel sick.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-10-2020 at 06:08 PM.

I'm doing my part, I'm not going out to bars or going out to eat or going anywhere where there are large gatherings. I've been 100% healthy this entire time (thankfully). I'm not going to wear a mask just to wear a mask.

#1, I work outside and it's a minimum of 80% humidity every week..... already hard to breathe and wearing a mask just makes it that much harder.

#2, common sense should come into play with every person. If I feel like I'm not feeling well, I'll get checked and I'll stay at home. Shaming someone to wear a mask is wrong when there are millions of people just like me.

I am so sick and tired of people telling me that I don't know if I am sick. Really?!?! I don't know if I am sick?!?! ...."But you could be asymptomatic" .....yeah I could be or I could just be healthy because I eat healthy and I exercise. Maybe my immune system is just working better than yours because I don't hinder everyday interaction with germs. A requirement for healthy immune systems is to keep it working, not putting a muzzle on it.

And....the death toll is sooooo skewed too. So many doctors out there telling the truth and what they are being told to report with false information.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=715213729274003&_rdr

This is just one of many

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm doing my part, I'm not going out to bars or going out to eat or going anywhere where there are large gatherings. I've been 100% healthy this entire time (thankfully). I'm not going to wear a mask just to wear a mask.

#1, I work outside and it's a minimum of 80% humidity every week..... already hard to breathe and wearing a mask just makes it that much harder.

#2, common sense should come into play with every person. If I feel like I'm not feeling well, I'll get checked and I'll stay at home. Shaming someone to wear a mask is wrong when there are millions of people just like me.

I am so sick and tired of people telling me that I don't know if I am sick. Really?!?! I don't know if I am sick?!?! ...."But you could be asymptomatic" .....yeah I could be or I could just be healthy because I eat healthy and I exercise. Maybe my immune system is just working better than yours because I don't hinder everyday interaction with germs. A requirement for healthy immune systems is to keep it working, not putting a muzzle on it.
    You literally just made the argument for why people want others to wear masks when they're in public or other designated spaces where they are required. You might be sick and asymptomatic. I still don't understand what is so difficult about wearing a mask when you go places where others are.

And....the death toll is sooooo skewed too. So many doctors out there telling the truth and what they are being told to report with false information.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=715213729274003&_rdr

This is just one of many
    I read a number of times that the numbers are probably even higher. Regardless, even if the numbers are a bit over reported, they are still significant. And some are predicting another significant loss of life til at least year end. Real people and lots of them, losing their lives. And they may not even be sick or weak today.

Sorry, but I also disagree about people who are healthy not being a risk or at risk. And those who do not feel sick (asymptomatic) may be the most worrisome of the lot, given they may be less cautious.

I read a number of times that the numbers are probably even higher. Regardless, even if the numbers are a bit over reported, they are still significant. And some are predicting another significant loss of life til at least year end. Real people and lots of them, losing their lives. And they may not even be sick or weak today.

Sorry, but I also disagree about people who are healthy not being a risk or at risk. And those who do not feel sick (asymptomatic) may be the most worrisome of the lot, given they may be less cautious.
    I can not speak for others, like I said I'm doing what I need to, to stay away. Government orders that infringe on rights are always going to get backlash and rightfully so. Every single person has a responsibility to do their part to stay sanitized.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    You literally just made the argument for why people want others to wear masks when they're in public or other designated spaces where they are required. You might be sick and asymptomatic. I still don't understand what is so difficult about wearing a mask when you go places where others are.
    I'm not the guy who freaks over the issue. I simply won't go to an establishment if they require it. Simply put If you are healthy you don't need a mask. Like I said, keeping a healthy immune system is subjecting it to daily interaction with the outside world. I will do myself and my family a favor by staying healthy, and I won't apologise for it

I'm not the guy who freaks over the issue. I simply won't go to an establishment if they require it. Simply put If you are healthy you don't need a mask. Like I said, keeping a healthy immune system is subjecting it to daily interaction with the outside world. I will do myself and my family a favor by staying healthy, and I won't apologise for it
    Hopefully for you you don't live in a city that requires them.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...asks-in-public

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Hopefully for you you don't live in a city that requires them.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...asks-in-public
    No, I don't. I live in Iowa and Governor Reynolds has already stated several times she is not going to mandate it. Her stance is every person has their own responsibility to contribute.

I thought you were sort of pressing me for a good example, but I can see by your response we are talking pretty similar things, as in, be responsible. Yes, that's a simple but critical thing we all do....take things seriously, and responsibly. We teach our children those values, but sometimes we adults fail to follow through.

But in terms of getting tested, washing our hands properly, wearing a mask and social distancing, I do believe we should consider others, even if we do not feel sick.
    Wearing a mask, washing your hands, and getting tested if you feel sick all seem like pretty reasonable things to do.
    Where i probably differ is businesses that want to have safety protocols and open up should be allowed. People who donít feel safe shouldnít go where they donít feel safe. I understand those in charge have a very hard job and have to make rules based on those who will ruin it for everyone else.

I respect and agree with most everything you post, but this topic is one I will take a stance on. Yes, we are still learning about this virus but one thing still remains. The death rate is so low and we still treat this like it's the plague. If have a 98+% chance of surviving this I'm not changing my daily routine. I'm not wearing a mask during the flu season or cold season ( which is year round ) so I'm not wearing a mask during this either. I believe what I believe and I stick to my beliefs. I do my part and stay away from people as much as I can but I won't let this control my life.
    If you are told by health authorities, people who know a lot more than you and I that simply wearing a mask in public while going about your regular routine could save lives, grow up and put a mask on. We might be in the category of "not at risk" due to our age and overall health, so we are not worried about it, but that doesn't mean I don't have it, and when I go down to the local shops I give it to 4 other people who might potentially die.

This is the type of arrogance that is possessed by Americans which has the country in one of the worse situations that can be seen anywhere around the world. Compliant countries have handled things a lot better and will continue to, and that is a fact. I live in Australia, and we have handled the outbreak extremely well, but we haven't politicized the entire process like Americans have at every step of the way. Initially, the major parties came together, worked together, and although politics is now starting to come out, the response was almost unison and one which led to a positive overall result.

I feel for those in countries like yours who lose loved ones by the hundreds on a daily bases, yet you have people refusing to do something as simple as putting a mask on to potentially prevent the death of others. You wearing your face covered in public is a lot less of a hassle then a family having to bury their loved ones, Jesus. Throwing a mask on is hardly controlling your life either "BuT My FrEeDoMs ........."

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post