Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

I am listening to the "economics" types and they are saying it's time to spend BIG on cash payouts, to folks and business, but to lend to big business who by and large got massive tax breaks. Time to spend at least a couple of trillion in The US alone. Give people spending money, give them dignity, give them hope. The spending in return will stimulate economies. It will likely minimize what could happen if folks sit on their hands, waiting for a solution.

I trust it will.

Quote Originally Posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
    Rastic, Peanut, CanDB, thank you for your kind words. I will be okay. I'm a tough old broad and probably, when I really check my pantry, I have more stuff than I think I do. Thanks again.

Further to....even though social distancing is a very real entity these days, for all of those of you who are getting a bit lonely, or maybe worried, I suggest you come here (and other places you are aware of) to socially "undistance". (hmmm.....I kind of like that....not bad for an ole dude!)

We have many folks who are caring and helpful and easy to communicate with. If in doubt, come here. PM folks you feel comfortable with. In general, remember this is a 7/24 community. You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mainBroncos60 View Post
    Rastic, Peanut, CanDB, thank you for your kind words. I will be okay. I'm a tough old broad and probably, when I really check my pantry, I have more stuff than I think I do. Thanks again.
    There are some counties putting up help line #ís for seniors who canít get groceries, along with some non profits. I also ordered a carton of commercial tp from Home Depot because we couldnít find it anywhere else in town. I can ship you a few rolls when it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There are some counties putting up help line #’s for seniors who can’t get groceries, along with some non profits. I also ordered a carton of commercial tp from Home Depot because we couldn’t find it anywhere else in town. I can ship you a few rolls when it comes in.
    Thank you. That's very generous of you. I've read several articles on that internet that have some good alternatives to running out of TP, which I will be willing and able to do. If not, I'll just run screaming into Wal-Mart, demanding TP and other things, and making a general nuisance of myself. That should do it, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Well, western Canada has gone full blown deliberate overreaction..

Bars, restaurants, all closed, schools about to be, no more that 50 people in one place,

Police members to work alone in cars, no walk in clients,

Some Prisoners being released, no court.

Traffic Police told to not interact with speeders unless absolutely necessary

Dentists not seeing people...

And it goes on and on,,
    Australia has done the same, and next week public education institutions will also shut down. The overreaction, bulk buy hoarding, and overall stupidity appears to be a common occurrence in all educated countries around the world, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Well, western Canada has gone full blown deliberate overreaction..

Bars, restaurants, all closed, schools about to be, no more that 50 people in one place,

Police members to work alone in cars, no walk in clients,

Some Prisoners being released, no court.

Traffic Police told to not interact with speeders unless absolutely necessary

Dentists not seeing people...

And it goes on and on,,
    Same here in WI.

It was weird driving into and even home from work yesterday. Nobody was around... nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Same here in WI.

It was weird driving into and even home from work yesterday. Nobody was around... nobody.
    It was like Sunday afternoon going home the last two days.

I now live in southeast Kansas and have been driving a school bus the last couple of years. Yesterday the governor of KS called for all schools to be closed for the remainder of the season. We were already closed through spring break (through next week) but now they have extended it to the rest of the season. In my county and all adjoining counties around me have no known cases of the virus. IMO, this is a major over-reaction, at least in my region. I am basically laid off from work although I will still get some pay still and a couple of weeks of PTO.
    We will still be providing meals to children except for during spring break (?) apparently some of us drivers will be delivering the meals to about 2 dozen locations around town.
    Toiler paper? On Saturday morning Walmart and Kroger were out of TP but Walmart had it restocked by ~noon, my wife got one package of 12 rolls ... i see no reason to stock up. Walmart was out of bottled water; I don't get the run on that, there really is nothing wrong with tap water, at least not where I live. Most every other food item is available at the grocery stores here, a small town... ~15,000 population.

Day 1 of my 12 week stay at home.
    Both parents are high risk & can't fend for themselves, so I'm "going to gaol" with them for the next 3 months.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...ation-17935005

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Well Costco is getting it right after all. mind you, a lot has happened since I last visited. Less customers at one time, 6 feet of space, separate lineups for "1" bag of toilet paper, as well as paper towels and Kleenex. This is the correct way. Work together team!

Just for discussion purposes, what do those of you think we should do, instead of take the measures we are now? I don't believe it's over reaction at this point, because we may be losing whatever control we need. Are you saying that we should let it run its course? Which to me translates to the following; massive load on the hospitals/medical force, large numbers of death that were unwarranted, including for those who had surgeries delayed because of the overloaded/understaffed hospitals, complete unknown future given we do not even understand how this virus will react going forward.

Do you folks know that this virus is unlike most. It is quick to mutate. Which is a huge medical concern, and should be for all of us. Until we understand it and come up with a cure, we are living in its world. Do we even know if it will come back stronger? I am serious folks, this is definitely a concern to me.

So take our so called medicine now, together, and get a real handle on this thing. We need control.

^^^^what I describe above would be "chaos". Chaos is not a good thing on top of lost lives, shattered economy.

Sounds like ......after listening to the white house presser today, Millennials might be even more 'at risk' than senior citizens. That's quite different than what we've heard to this point.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Sounds like ......after listening to the white house presser today, Millennials might be even more 'at risk' than senior citizens. That's quite different than what we've heard to this point.
    If this thing becomes more about other age groups, I suspect many of the "this is nonsense" folks will start to take this more seriously.