Page 132 of 148 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2210

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My stepmom is strong, but probably weary. She is unfortunately accustomed to my dad having health issues. In the last 28 years hes had 1 heart attack, 1 stroke, diverticulitis, several bouts with kidney stones, 2 knee replacements, cataracts, type 2 diabetes, and 2 bouts with lymphoma. Inspite of it all he remains kind, generous and without sign of complaint, and until the last 2 years fairly active. I aspire to be like my dad, less the health issues of course.
    Sounds like a good man to aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So now that even the white house has stopped parroting this nonsense, are we going to finally hit the point where we can quit acting like it's some freaking miracle drug and trust science or is there still some conspiracy theory to follow?
    Brett Giroir the Secretary of the HHS said yesterday that if 85 to 95 percent of people wore masks and social distanced and kept away from large gatherings, the data shows that that is as effective as another lockdown. But, we all know that there are way more than 15% of people who just can't do it cuz 'Murica. But they will be the 1st to complain when another shutdown in their city is ordered.

Bad news from Australia, the entire state of Victoria has issued a lockdown today. Residents were told they can leave their houses for medical issues or food, other than that they need to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Brett Giroir the Secretary of the HHS said yesterday that if 85 to 95 percent of people wore masks and social distanced and kept away from large gatherings, the data shows that that is as effective as another lockdown. But, we all know that there are way more than 15% of people who just can't do it cuz 'Murica. But they will be the 1st to complain when another shutdown in their city is ordered.
    Yes! Exactly! If only people just followed the medical suggestions and social distanced, we would definitely be farther ahead in the --- OH NO!!!!!!

Ok. Whew! Everyone...stay home. Social distance. Businesses closed. We're in this together. We just need to - oh no, not again!!!

Coronavirus cases spike - cause unknown.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yes! Exactly! If only people just followed the medical suggestions and social distanced, we would definitely be farther ahead in the --- OH NO!!!!!!

Ok. Whew! Everyone...stay home. Social distance. Businesses closed. We're in this together. We just need to - oh no, not again!!!

Coronavirus cases spike - cause unknown.
    Hmmmm, I wander why there are spikes in numbers?!?! It couldn't possibly be the "innocent protesters" in EVERY MAJOR CITY.....no....must be all those rebellious non mask wearing fools in rural America 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Hmmmm, I wander why there are spikes in numbers?!?! It couldn't possibly be the "innocent protesters" in EVERY MAJOR CITY.....no....must be all those rebellious non mask wearing fools in rural America 🙄
    Yeah, it can't possibly be anywhere near you. It's only those big protest cities. Stay safe bro.

https://cbs2iowa.com/news/coronaviru...rt-of-pandemic

No masks required in rural America I guess

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/08/04/university-of-northern-iowa-student-contracts-covid-19-after-a-party-now-urges-others-to-take-it-seriously/
    Last edited by Bronco51; 08-04-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Yeah, it can't possibly be anywhere near you. It's only those big protest cities. Stay safe bro.

https://cbs2iowa.com/news/coronaviru...rt-of-pandemic

No masks required in rural America I guess

https://www.kcrg.com/2020/08/04/univ...-it-seriously/
    I never said it wasn't near me. When I watch the news and they are showcasing thousands of protesters in all these cities it just pisses me off. Sure..maybe half of them are wearing masks but what the hell does that matter when they are shoulder to shoulder.

BTW, I have 3 kids one high schooler and 2 elementary and I am pushing for them to be in school. Kids (and teachers) are going to be just fine when school starts again. There are dangers around every corner in life. I refuse to let this very high recovery "deadly" virus effect our lives any more. Kids NEED to be in school for their own well being/future just as much as the parents need them there for their own psychological/financial well being.

At some point we are going to just have to open up and deal with this. Our country can not continue to just shut down and risk further and further financial bankruptcy. Just like our president said way early in this process...we can't let the cure be worse than the disease. If masks work so well than wear them and move on with life. If mass crowds are allowed to "protest" with masks on than I see no reason why we can't do any other normal function...my

My wife is a medical professional (like Peerless) dealing with this crisis on the front-lines...generally decked out in PPE from head to toe. We wear masks anytime we're in public, and practice social distancing (and of course avoid large gatherings), and encourage everyone to do so for the safety of all people.

That said, there is absolutely nothing ethically or morally wrong by acknowledging the very obvious truth that massive protest gatherings (or any massive gathering) will spread COVID-19. People will die, many more will become infected, and spread it to others. We all lose. The media will do cartwheels to dance around this, but folks need to hear it.

Be safe. Be vigilant.
    To infinity...and beyond.

BTW, I have 3 kids one high schooler and 2 elementary and I am pushing for them to be in school. Kids (and teachers) are going to be just fine when school starts again.
    So... when a kid or teacher gets COVID and eventually dies - what are you going to say then? What if (and hopefully never in a billion years) that kid is yours? Is it still "just fine?"

Already in Georgia, some school districts have opened recently, and the very next day - over 200 employees of that district were either exposed to someone with Covid, or had a + test of their own.

Other school districts around the country have opened up, and students are already coming down with symptoms and testing positive.

And that's just the first opening few days.

Some of these + students/teachers may go home and recover fine in 14 days. But what about the ones who don't? Again - what if it was YOUR kid or YOUR wife who were the ones not recovering well? Would you really still say that everyone is going to be fine? Seriously... Would you really think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    My wife is a medical professional (like Peerless) dealing with this crisis on the front-lines...generally decked out in PPE from head to toe. We wear masks anytime we're in public, and practice social distancing (and of course avoid large gatherings), and encourage everyone to do so for the safety of all people.

That said, there is absolutely nothing ethically or morally wrong by acknowledging the very obvious truth that massive protest gatherings (or any massive gathering) will spread COVID-19. People will die, many more will become infected, and spread it to others. We all lose. The media will do cartwheels to dance around this, but folks need to hear it.

Be safe. Be vigilant.
    I understand the right to protest, and in this case, I respect their cause. It is a cause that is being endorsed in various ways, in the major sports leagues. But I expect them to do so in a safe manner. As do I with ANY gathering, be it social, workplace, sports or anything that involves groups.
    Last edited by CanDB; 08-05-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Screw dem kids .....we need football

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ts/5572625002/

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    So... when a kid or teacher gets COVID and eventually dies - what are you going to say then? What if (and hopefully never in a billion years) that kid is yours? Is it still "just fine?"

Already in Georgia, some school districts have opened recently, and the very next day - over 200 employees of that district were either exposed to someone with Covid, or had a + test of their own.

Other school districts around the country have opened up, and students are already coming down with symptoms and testing positive.

And that's just the first opening few days.

Some of these + students/teachers may go home and recover fine in 14 days. But what about the ones who don't? Again - what if it was YOUR kid or YOUR wife who were the ones not recovering well? Would you really still say that everyone is going to be fine? Seriously... Would you really think that?
    IF my wife or kids were to get it I wouldn't fret. I have 3 people in my inner circle that have gotten it. 2 of them had a fever for a day and that's it, no body aches no nothing. The other said it was like a bad flu with body aches and lasting fever but in his words "I've been through worse".

I actually think my son had it back in January. He come down with a bug where he held a temp for 3 straight days of 103. He never had breathing issues but his symptoms lasted for almost a full week. Not once did I fear for his life, I felt bad he was going through it I knew he would be fine. Viruses have to just take their course right? Nothing you can do except hold on and drink lots of fluids.

That's what we did for him then and that's what we'll do IF it happens again to anyone in our family. Spreading fear over this is worse than the virus itself, I firmly believe that. If we didn't have an election year this wouldn't be any worse than the H1N1. The media is blowing this up to help/hurt certain individuals

IF my wife or kids were to get it I wouldn't fret. I have 3 people in my inner circle that have gotten it. 2 of them had a fever for a day and that's it, no body aches no nothing. The other said it was like a bad flu with body aches and lasting fever but in his words "I've been through worse".

I actually think my son had it back in January. He come down with a bug where he held a temp for 3 straight days of 103. He never had breathing issues but his symptoms lasted for almost a full week. Not once did I fear for his life, I felt bad he was going through it I knew he would be fine. Viruses have to just take their course right? Nothing you can do except hold on and drink lots of fluids.

That's what we did for him then and that's what we'll do IF it happens again to anyone in our family. Spreading fear over this is worse than the virus itself, I firmly believe that. If we didn't have an election year this wouldn't be any worse than the H1N1. The media is blowing this up to help/hurt certain individuals
    I'll only make reference to a couple of things:

If your son got this in January, did you even suspect it could be the covid virus? I may be wrong, but few North Americans thought it was even here back then.

Second, as for the media, I do not endorse all representatives, but there are some that are reporting the facts better than others. And I glad that the Canadian government and local officials are giving us regular updates, thru the media. Facts.

FTR....I am glad that your family is doing well. The last thing I want is for people to be sick because of it.

Flip side to this opinion is that certain individuals are downplaying how serious it is by deflecting from their incompetence/inaction to handling it. H1N1 killed 12.5 thousand people here, COVID is at 155 thousand and counting at a clip of 1 thousand a day currently.

Well I'm glad it seemed to have worked out for you. I think your opinion would definitely change if your inner circle or family didn't have the outcome that they had....

I to, had someone in my close circle come down with + Covid. It was my wifes auntie's father - who was 82 years old, but a healthy 82 year old. Literally - he had no comorbidities other than your typical age old arthritis, back pain, etc. Clear from a pulmonary, cardiac, and diabetic standpoint. He died a month ago the virus literally put him into ARDS, and he never made it off the vent.

He, along with 155,000+ people haven't been as fortunate as you or your inner circle.