Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

I so appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Day 1 of the lockdown.
    Well stocked with provisions.
    Would preferably like to do one more big shop within the week and then the five of us & the three dogs will be well set for forty nights and forty days in Noah's Ark if need be.
    Hey pal....think of it as something like this:

Imagination has some value!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey pal....think of it as something like this:

Imagination has some value!
    Exactly!
    We are so blessed to live in the countryside and have fields to roam through and even a babbling brook in which to dip my shark's tail!

Exactly!
    We are so blessed to live in the countryside and have fields to roam through and even a babbling brook in which to dip my shark's tail!
    I think the word "respite" has some honest traction to it. I kind of like it..."a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant."

Hey J, I love your description of the countryside you are privileged to enjoy! And as for "babbling", I've been called that myself, many a time! Whereas a brook can always pull if off with such positive fanfare!!

Here's a wonderful way of showing "community"...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...hunt-1.5505030

Here's the first part of the story:

On Tuesday night, Bailey Grose posted in a Prince George community Facebook group about an idea she had to get people to paste hearts in their windows to start a community-wide scavenger hunt. In less than three days, she received photos of more than 700 hearts and the post had been shared by more than 1,100 people.

"It has been incredible," said Grose.

The mother of two was looking for something for her girls to do while they are at home social distancing because of COVID-19.
    "I am attempting to bring the community together without any social interaction," she told Radio West host Sarah Penton.

Hey, why not post a heart in your window, to show others we are bonded, and will get through this.

NY is ground zero for the US. I hope it gets manageable there before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I believe this is the true test case. It will be a wave, and if they can manage it to a reasonable degree, it is a win for all. But they need to be supported to the extent they estimate, in terms of respirators and so on.

My daughter's friend here in Canada is a quality manager. He was potentially on hold for a while but is now working on respirator parts, in conjunction with an auto company. He says that it takes some effort to get it right, but within weeks there may be mass production. That is so encouraging, and I am sure there are many other companies who are involved, or will be soon contracted. This is innovation, ingenuity and team oriented stuff!!

Day 1 of the lockdown.
    Well stocked with provisions.
    Would preferably like to do one more big shop within the week and then the five of us & the three dogs will be well set for forty nights and forty days in Noah's Ark if need be.
    Yep day one of a minimum of 3 weeks.

I have to be honest though, its pretty easy this staying at home thing. I get at least 3 weeks off work with 80% full pay, a nice lay in in the morning, hit up NBA 2K18 on the PS4 for a few hours, head out for a walk around Southampton with my fiancee for around 1.5 hours, pop into the shop on the way home for a few bits, and then cook some dinner and watch some TV.

At Lidl they only let a few people in at a time so instead of trying to push through crowds I could wander around at my own pace, much better then normal.

Gotta be honest though, I saw lots of people out playing sports at the field or hanging around, I don't think the UK take this too seriously, they will probably have to bring on stricter measures if they want proper control.

Good to see this morning on the news that South Korea is returning to normal and the China lockdown is going to be lifted in a couple of weeks (forgot the date they gave).

I see this thing peaking in the next 4-6 weeks and everyone will be 'ITS THE END OF THE WORLD', they need to keep calm and look at the bigger picture and realize that like any virus (just as its done in other countries) it will peak and then it will come down. I have wrote off April and May but think come June a lot will return to normal.

Anyway, stay safe everyone.

Excellent article. Read it:

COVID Pandemic Exposes the Ugly Secrets Hidden in America’s Healthcare System:
    https://vocal.media/theSwamp/covid-p...dji_4xrxNFoI9k

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'm 99% sure the woman Dr statistician who goes up with Trump's pressers today said NYC mortality rate is 31%

They said today that the 1 in 1000 people to have left NYC (who wouldn't want to have gotten out of there) should self quarantine for 14 days after they'd been outside that hotspot.

They should have had that information out to them before they left. I guess though they were saying today that now that they're getting some data(from the recent testing surge) to work with they can wrap their heads around a sound plan of attack.
    Last edited by dizzolve; 03-24-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'm 99% sure the woman Dr statistician who goes up with Trump's pressers today said NYC mortality rate is 31%

They said today that the 1 in 1000 people to have left NYC (who wouldn't want to have gotten out of there) should self quarantine for 14 days after they'd been outside that hotspot.

They should have had that information out to them before they left. I guess though they were saying today that now that they're getting some data(from the recent testing surge) to work with they can wrap their heads around a sound plan of attack.
    12,305 have been diagnosed and 157 have died which is a mortality rate of 1.28%. Youíre probably thinking of the growth of the mortality rate which I read is 34% or so, which Iím guessing means 30+ more people have died in NY in the last 24 hours. The governor has no choice but to be aggressive. Seattle is pretty grim too.

OMG....I have been calling them respirators, meaning ventilators! What a goof!

Lawmakers and White House agree to $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill after marathon negotiations
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/se...?mod=home-page

I am liking what I am hearing from those in charge in NY. Really intelligent, proactive commentary, not just for NY but for the entire country. Talk of rolling equipment and other needs from there to the next hot spot in terms, the next big wave, meaning it is a more fluid process than if one were to try to equip the whole country at once. This is crisis management in action.

Good luck to The USA, to my country and to all those affected worldwide. May we learn and work together. Lets never forget, the human mind is still the #1 product on this planet, and the human heart is side by side with it.

Peace

Looks like the corporations were showered with money again
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top