Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    How is it the bill passed ........unprecedented in size and scale ........doesn't even cover Coronavirus specific 'care'. Sure you can have a free test because it helps people other than the individual.

Plus they're asking the country to stay home but they're only cutting them a single 'one time' peanuts(no offense Peanut) check. At the same time, the corporations are getting GINORMOUS amounts of money.

I'm not against supporting businesses........but in order to keep people at home where the leaders say they NEED to stay --- they need to alleviate the NEED to go make money to survive. Sounds like they're having a problem with people staying home in California
    dizz….I understand your view. The usual big biz support, which tends to be a rule of thumb, and one I used to completely concur with if we can hope that they return the favour by redistributing while strengthening their business, not their pocketbooks. They do not always spread it around. But I am glad there are restrictive rules, as in, no stock buy backs.

I will give the package support, in that it appears that being overly selective is not the way to get things fluid again (per lessons learned from 2008), even if people can not work. Just get the money out, and soon. But I sure hope big business gets it right, maintains employment (even if folks stay at home for a while), and appreciate their responsibility. If the government helps you, you better help your employees!

Conversely, I worry about small business, who can barely make a decent living at the best of times. They are the fighters, who make a go of it, and yes, hire some folks as well.

And as for the people who need cash, now, lets hope for the best. By receiving any form of cash, and getting some "love" from their landlords, bank loans/mortgages, taxation, etc....it can give them enough room to maneuver until things settle down.

Hope!

Love those "floating" hospitals, like Mercy. Very large capacity, and able to handle a wide variety of medical problems. Instant hospital in a hurry!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Love those "floating" hospitals, like Mercy. Very large capacity, and able to handle a wide variety of medical problems. Instant hospital in a hurry!!
    Indeed; I wonder if Samaritans Purse will be able to deploy theirs

Facts are so valuable....knowing that properly washing hands is equal to sanitizers. Good to know, given you can barely find sanitizers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Indeed; I wonder if Samaritans Purse will be able to deploy theirs
    They're usually involved in things like this. Haven't heard, though.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Saw one yesterday at the Port of La

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEUGi23tUk

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    Saw one yesterday at the Port of La

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJEUGi23tUk
    This is how you have to think in these times. Not enough beds, use a huge boat. Preferably a medical boat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    They're usually involved in things like this. Haven't heard, though.
    Their ship is in NY. It’s probably one of them pictured.

Just a suggestion....if stuck at home primarily, maybe break things down in chunks, like sports teams do. Try not to think about the end of this, rather what you might do for the next week. Of course, some just like one day at a time, which is also perfectly fine. But I would stay away from end dates in terms of when things are all back to normal. Serves little purpose. Small chunks give clearer, more realistic, doable and productive vision.
    One other suggestion - one little word makes a difference.
    Rather than stuck at home let's say safe at home

UK pressers are reporting a conservative - 3 to 6 month period of this adjust living before MAYBE can start to return to normal life. But also warned likely will extend longer than that.

There's nothing to make me believe the US is going to take any less time .........in fact probably would be even longer
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I agree. I was trying to offer a positive suggestion and could have used an edit. Well, I'm trying to help.

But I must say, I am meeting more folks around here, though about 20 feet apart. In the parking lot, or in the park nearby. Simple conversations about how nice spring feels, and that we will get through this.

And I like how Cuomo talked about his roots in NYC, from an Italian family. Big Sunday dinners, with pasta and meat balls and the like. Those values seem to be in high demand right now. Family gatherings. Basic stuff. Stuff you did not especially love when you were young, but now you miss. BUT with the modern communication technology we have, with FaceTime, Skype, and so on, we can at least stay close, and chat for hours if need be. My daughter cooked dinner together with her American BF, who she can not see for a while.

You find ways. You keep optimistic. You help when you can. You share sadness for those affected. It's natural and it's who we are. Never be surprised at the strength, will and care that the average human can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    I like that and I agree.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Another day, another great FaceTime with loved ones!

These contacts seem to go from relatively short in concept, to 2 hours!!

There are positives to gain.

I am really missing going to church on Sundays