Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Not sure you've ever seen it but Bill Gates warned us all about this.............he had a TED talks or Google Talks like 5 years ago and warned us all about this............and here we are.
    Here is a followup TED about a week ago.

Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

We should all be tested if possible. CNN reports that 50% of Iceland's positive tested folks had no symptoms, and estimates of 25% in The US.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    We should all be tested if possible. CNN reports that 50% of Iceland's positive tested folks had no symptoms, and estimates of 25% in The US.
    25% seems safe. I wouldn't be surprised if it's no lower than 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    25% seems safe. I wouldn't be surprised if it's no lower than 40%.
    Which is why people who still take liberties with the recommendations are risking the health of others.

One blessing that has come out of this is I quit biting my finger nails, after 39 years.

Here is some relatively up to date news:

Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    One blessing that has come out of this is I quit biting my finger nails, after 39 years.
    Same here! lol But coincidentally I made that a New Years Resolution. Now I have motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Same here! lol But coincidentally I made that a New Years Resolution. Now I have motivation.
    Do you notice the need to touch your face when you shouldn't? Is it our Adam and Eve "apple" thing???

There aren't enough tests. My friend is a higher up in one of the hospitals in your fair city(not a doctor), they just told him they've finally got enough tests where they can now give him 1, and he's a person that's been told he can't work from home because he's vital to the day to day operations. Checking everyone is a long way off. I know in my province they aren't even checking a lot of people with mild symptoms because they just don't have the tests to go around.

It really wouldn't surprise me to learn the majority of people (maybe 55-60%) that will get this virus won't even know they had it. My father in law had it (he's officially considered recovered today) and he thought that he had a slight cold. The only reason he checked and got tested is because he was on a hockey trip in Nashville and one of the team members got it and had more pronounced symptoms.

A coworker had to get tested.. got one right away...and was cleared in 3 days.

I don’t know the criteria for testing...or how many are being done.. and maybe being front line workers we get priority for tests.. but it seemed really simple.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    As of 8PM Monday, MD is on a stay at home order. I don't know if there's a time frame. If people disobey, it's considered a misdemeanor and they can get fined ($5,000 ?).

Be safe, everyone. Party in the Cafe when this is over. Free everything!
    That is quite a hefty fine. I know we still typically walk the dogs, but aside from that are pretty much homebodies. I'm sure that may be stopped at some point as well. Right now I still go into work but know they may change that ...

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    A coworker had to get tested.. got one right away...and was cleared in 3 days.

I don’t know the criteria for testing...or how many are being done.. and maybe being front line workers we get priority for tests.. but it seemed really simple.
    One of my co-workers was tested a week or two ago. It surprised me since there was so much talk regarding the lack of tests, Hers came back negative.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Those who have gotten tested ......curious what type test was it?

Was it the one where they go to the back of your nose or a more modern one that is self administered?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    There aren't enough tests. My friend is a higher up in one of the hospitals in your fair city(not a doctor), they just told him they've finally got enough tests where they can now give him 1, and he's a person that's been told he can't work from home because he's vital to the day to day operations. Checking everyone is a long way off. I know in my province they aren't even checking a lot of people with mild symptoms because they just don't have the tests to go around.

It really wouldn't surprise me to learn the majority of people (maybe 55-60%) that will get this virus won't even know they had it. My father in law had it (he's officially considered recovered today) and he thought that he had a slight cold. The only reason he checked and got tested is because he was on a hockey trip in Nashville and one of the team members got it and had more pronounced symptoms.
    I agree with you. My comment was directed at the idea of all of us getting tested....if possible. The if possible part is the weak spot, given the need for more testing/lab capability. But yes, many of us will get the virus and may never know. The problem, as you can appreciate, is that we might be the carriers without knowledge, and possibly infect others...maybe many others. And that can grow exponentially and likely inflict those who can not deal with it.

Further to...

A math teacher here has found a way of alerting some students to the impact of them visiting other friends, and potentially affecting the lives of many. She mentions how the student could catch the virus, spread it in the car, to the house of her friend, to everyone living in it, to people they meet. Not all younger folks understand this thing yet, but she says many are listening to this perspective.

It sounds obvious to a lot of us...but take a look outside and you will see folks too close together, including many young ones. I still think there's this "misleading view" that young folks are fine, and healthy, and relatively shielded. That is proven false, even if they are not as vulnerable as elderly for example. But the really troubling aspect is this numbness to the fact that they can spread it....and quickly.

I agree with you. My comment was directed at the idea of all of us getting tested....if possible. The if possible part is the weak spot, given the need for more testing/lab capability. But yes, many of us will get the virus and may never know. The problem, as you can appreciate, is that we might be the carriers without knowledge, and possibly infect others...maybe many others. And that can grow exponentially and likely inflict those who can not deal with it.
    By the time it's possible there probably won't be as big of an issue. Testing 7.8 billion people (which is essentially what you're describing) isn't feasible even if they had enough tests. So NOT possible.