X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rastic
    Modulated
    • Oct 2013

If Costco sold these the panic for toilet paper would be much more understandable.

Comment

• Peanut
      ModNut
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...5BXyRBk%252Bbg

This is a video of a man who actually has the virus. I don't want to sound heartless here and hurt any feelings but this to me is proof this is no big deal and the media is just driving the mass hysteria
      I'll watch the video later.

No big deal? Perhaps someone should interview those that have died from the virus. Most people will be fine with the virus. Again, I appreciate those that are considerate of us that would have a problem.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

This is a video of a man who actually has the virus. I don't want to sound heartless here and hurt any feelings but this to me is proof this is no big deal and the media is just driving the mass hysteria
        But Jv…..it's the mortality rate that is the scary part. If it's 10 times (or more likely, higher) than the flu, which apparently killed 60,000 Americans two years ago (I think I got the year right), the numbers are a huge concern. That's a lot of life.

Comment

• JvDub95
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          I'll watch the video later.

No big deal? Perhaps someone should interview those that have died from the virus. Most people will be fine with the virus. Again, I appreciate those that are considerate of us that would have a problem.
          I understand, the man in the video appears to be mid to late 50's?? Possibly early 60's? I'm sure it can attack other people harder than others and I don't have all the information on who has already died and their ages. I'm going off what I hear from a man who has it and is later in years. Just going off his judgement.

​​​​

Comment

• dizzolve
            Orange Rush
            • Mar 2009

On Rogan, Michael Osterholm who is a professional disease investigator 'conservatively estimated' ......almost 50 million hospitalizations, almost 100 million cases occurring, and almost 500,000 deaths over the next 3-7 months. These stats are cited in the first few minutes of the podcast

This thing spreads like wildfire. Simple breathing is all it takes.

Yes, the majority of people recover. But what about your child or grandparents? And what if this thing mutates into something even worse before it's over? It's already changed from it's original form
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

It isn’t airborne. It’s in fluids. Like saliva.

Basic hygiene by everyone can basically defeat it.

Don’t shake hands

Cough into something

Stay home if sick.

Wipe keyboards, phones etc that other people have access to.

And go buy lots of toilet paper because that’s the most important thing. Toilet paper.
              sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

I understand, the man in the video appears to be mid to late 50's?? Possibly early 60's? I'm sure it can attack other people harder than others and I don't have all the information on who has already died and their ages. I'm going off what I hear from a man who has it and is later in years. Just going off his judgement.
                Yikes...later in years!! Heck, he's a youngster compared to me!!!

Comment

• JvDub95
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Yikes...later in years!! Heck, he's a youngster compared to me!!!
                  Nah pony boy... you're gold LOL 😂

​​​​

Comment

• Spice 1
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2004

Comment

• Peerless
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2004

Kind of depends. Age is a factor, but that 50-60 year old man could have ZERO co-morbidities.

But then you take a 50-60 year old, with coronary artery disease s/p CABG x3, COPD from a 20 pack year smoking history, and type 1 diabetes and it could spell doom.

Comment

• Peanut
                        ModNut
                        • Jan 2007

Does he have a compromised immune system? In case you didn't read through this thread, I do. It's not a big deal for normal people. Some of us are not normal. (yes, I said that. )

I'm not going by what the media is saying. I'm listening to the CDC and WHO.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Lumiere
                          All-Time Great
                          • Jan 2011

A video of a British teacher in Wuhan, describing his Coronavirus symptoms and recovery, and life in Wuhan at the present time.

Not all people will experience these same symptoms. For most, the symptoms appear to be mild, but for others, they can be life threatening. Please be safe out there.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

I can foresee things to get very challenging over the next months. I can describe what that may be, but I think all of us can imagine. On the other hand, if we take it in stride, one day at a time, I think we will do better if we look for positives. Use humour as a crutch. Bring some light into the room. Come up with stories or information that keep us focused on constructively good things.

I know for me it will get a bit tedious without sports for a while. So I expect to be watching more of those Netflix shows I just kept passing by. Time for me to read some of those books sitting around the place. And as long as we are wise, with warmer temps coming, it will be wonderful to take some walks and see winter turn to spring turn to summer.

And I suggest we keep each other tight, because though we may not all be friends, we have this place to share our words and ideas with. That's a good thing!

Stay positive!:thumb:

Comment

• dizzolve
                              Orange Rush
                              • Mar 2009

Those in states who haven't voted in their primaries yet should consider absentee voting if possible. Tell your older kin

Comment

• dizzolve
                                Orange Rush
                                • Mar 2009

I just read that the WHO had this good test that they sent all over the world .............worked fine.. And our CDC here in the states decided - 'we're going to make our own test thank you' ............but

...........the CDC test FAILS. It doesn't work. How do you like that? This shortage of tests is going to be a big deal. Nice roll of the dice

Unfortunately all these tests and drugs are made overseas now. It's not like the glory days of the USA when all the cutting edge tech was here at home. Now we have to rely on China and other countries for these tests and drugs while at the same time US brass is slighting those countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X