Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I think people are beginning to have a healthy respect for this thing. No one wants it. It's in your best interest to distance. And if you don't .....how can you enjoy yourself? Ignorance is bliss I guess

Now the UK PM is in IC. That kind of brings it home to me even more. I'm sure even more in UK. It a crap shoot how your body is going to deal with this thing.

You have to think the British PM has all the best health care available -- and still he ends up in IC. Some average Joe gets this thing and he's not going to get any better care than Boris gets.

Now I've been one of the people on this thread saying -- listen to the medical pros and heed their advice. But after something like this ...........the thoughts of willingly taking a vaccine is hard to swallow -no pun intended-.

And I believe in vaccines in general. Being an adult, I've always assumed vaccines are a thing of the past for me. And I never get flu shots.......and I rarely get a cold or flu. But I dunno .......I understand it's more of an emotional response but I think there will be a ton of people who wont take a vaccine under any circumstances.

How do you all feel about a covid vaccine? Would you willingly imbibe such a dose? And with the corner cutting to get to the finish line, who's to say this 'vaccine' wont harm when it's all said and done? Innocently. Strange times indeed.

I went to the grocery store today and for the first time didn't feel strange wearing a mask. But still only maybe 15% of the people I saw wore something. Luckily I'm not in some hotspot and where I live isn't city 'dense'. Imagine being in NYC right now.
    Because of a compromised immune system, I take precautions. A yearly flu shot is one of them.

Would I get a covid vaccine? If it's proven to be safe and effective, yes. I do not like being a guinea pig.

I finally got around to making some masks tonight. Very stylish ones.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Because of a compromised immune system, I take precautions. A yearly flu shot is one of them.

Would I get a covid vaccine? If it's proven to be safe and effective, yes. I do not like being a guinea pig.

I finally got around to making some masks tonight. Very stylish ones.
    Are they peanut shaped? lol ........peanut scented?
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Are they peanut shaped? lol ........peanut scented?

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to make hubby a peanut shaped, peanut scented mask. He'll love it.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

A 104 year old survived Coronavirus! She also was involved in the 1918 Spanish Flu! LOL! Italians! Haha!

https://www.foxnews.com/world/104-ye...ction-in-italy

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You could very well be right, although the sense I get here so far is to obey, and keep your distance. Haven't heard of revolting yet. I guess each situation is a little different...and I may not be hearing the complete story.

The comment I stated is just speculation on my part. Again, glass half full...as in, hoping I am right.

Here in Manitoba we are doing pretty good all things considered, but I am cautious as well I should be. But even so, the premier is hinting at fines when people disobey the social distancing rules. I'm good with that, because at some point everyone has to play by the same rules, til we beat this thing. Now, it sounds like "gatherings" and such, not passing by someone by 5 feet instead of 6, if you get my drift.

But you know you Albertans are a bit more rowdy!

(Hey, isn't it weird wondering what would have become of our Flames and Jets this season?)
    Absolutely people are obeying now. But that will change the longer it goes. As I said I think Canada has until Victoria Day Long Weekend (just under 7 weeks away) before people will start fighting it. At that point we'll have been under these measures for about 10 weeks, or 1/5 of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Absolutely people are obeying now. But that will change the longer it goes. As I said I think Canada has until Victoria Day Long Weekend (just under 7 weeks away) before people will start fighting it. At that point we'll have been under these measures for about 10 weeks, or 1/5 of a year.
    I am going to assess as time goes by, pending multiple factors, including the stats of course. I am not disagreeing, just not sure how this will play out from all sides, including the data (stats), the enforcement levels, the rules of social engagement given the data, and testing/potential medical breakthroughs in terms of treatment. A treatment is more likely to be found much sooner than a vaccine. That would be significant, whenever it happens. Because then you could get sick and feel some comfort that you can be medically treated, not just in a quarantine mode.

And as administrators in all the jurisdictions, how complex it may be, when there are positive signs, but not a complete feeling of control of the situation. Rules and practices will vary around the globe, and some will be more cautious, and some a bit risky, trying to accelerate economics. I for one am glad I do not have to make such decisions.

BUT.....YOU are a huge disappointment!!!

No hockey talk?? Cmon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Even if this virus is as serious as the 1918 flu, which remains to be seen, the big thing you are missing is how much the equipment and scientific knowledge and advancements have moved on in the last 102 years, this is not 1918 and can't be compared with 2020.
    With all do respect, I'm not missing anything. I never stated this virus will be as bad as the 1918 pandemic, 45 million deaths world wide. My point was to agree with Stampede that history shows a nasty virus happens in waves before being eradicated. Many medical experts have stated it is highly probable this virus will too and to plan on Wave #2 in the Fall sometime. Yes, 102 years to improve equipment and scientific knowledge and advancements are amazing and will still got off guard.

And we all know, if you don't learn from history you are bound to repeat it!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    A 104 year old survived Coronavirus! She also was involved in the 1918 Spanish Flu! LOL! Italians! Haha!

So did this guy:

WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus just in time for 104th birthday: “I made it”
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post

I have to find it, but there was an article about Centenarians that live in some town in Italy. There were dozens of them that all contributed their longevity to a stress free life and I believe the Mediterranean diet.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I have to find it, but there was an article about Centenarians that live in some town in Italy. There were dozens of them that all contributed their longevity to a stress free life and I believe the Mediterranean diet.
    I saw a show about that some time ago. I think olive oil and good wine were a part of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Our governor made it clear that people can still go for walks, keeping a safe distance from others. It helps with "cabin fever".

Abbot (hubby used to work for them) has come up with a new test for the virus that gives results within 5-15 minutes instead of days.

Oldest daughter said today that there are benefits to living with a germaphobe.
    I've been waiting for my husband to see the benefits of living with a germaphope...

I'm not sure what country it was in, it couldn't have been the states, but I saw a video of a guy who was walking his dog in the park and they grabbed him and took him home for violating the quarantine and left his dog behind at the park.... broke my heart.

I remember them early on saying it was ok to go outside and get exercise but wonder if that will change at all in the states. I officially work from home as of today, so my big outing each day will be walking the dogs... I can't imagine what it is like in other countries when you can't even do that.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

I was skimming this thread for a while and probably missed it. I'm sure someone else has to have mentioned, but was wondering when this is all over and done how many relationships end in divorce from couples being forced to spend too much time together.

I heard a gunshot in our neighborhood for the first time ever a couple of days ago. My first thought was I wonder who shot who and were they spending too much time together. Never heard any sirens. I keep watching to see what neighbor I don't see around. Maybe it was nothing.

Keep expecting to see more divorces, suicides, domestic abuse, and just plain crazy stuff if this quarantining continues for too long. It is probably wrong to worry more about that than the virus, but I worry more about that stuff.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Additionally none of them are Raiders fans. You should learn from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I was skimming this thread for a while and probably missed it. I'm sure someone else has to have mentioned, but was wondering when this is all over and done how many relationships end in divorce from couples being forced to spend too much time together.

I heard a gunshot in our neighborhood for the first time ever a couple of days ago. My first thought was I wonder who shot who and were they spending too much time together. Never heard any sirens. I keep watching to see what neighbor I don't see around. Maybe it was nothing.

Keep expecting to see more divorces, suicides, domestic abuse, and just plain crazy stuff if this quarantining continues for too long. It is probably wrong to worry more about that than the virus, but I worry more about that stuff.
    I think this era of the "closed in" society will lead to a multitude of mental issues, including depression, possibly numbers of divorce and abuse. I expect my daughter's patient numbers to rise over the next few months. Relationships have had to adjust to a very abnormal environment, and for sure, individuals may have difficulty with loneliness, isolation, and financial despair. Tough times.

On the other hand, I believe folks will treasure relationships even more. I love the Zoom/FaceTime connections with our kids and friends. I can't recall a time when having a simple get together in whatever format, mattered far more than anything we talked about. But I look forward to each connection.

I hope I am wrong about the initial point. Just because I can't put a face to the topic, does not keep me from feeling empathy. If I think about it for too long, I start picturing folks, and I just can't go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post

The domestics are already happening in my area...

We are rural and People are used to having space...apparently the sunshine, mountains, rivers, and lakes keep marriages alive!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich