Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    I believe the severity of the pandemic allows them to weigh public safety over gatherings as long as it is not discriminating against any organization in particular. If that wasn't the case I believe this would not be an issue, or we would see a million lawsuits over it.
    Pretty sure California is being sued or at least threatened with it.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Pretty sure California is being sued or at least threatened with it.
    But it was allowed to happen in the first place, so I'm sure these Governors knew they could do it legally.

But it was allowed to happen in the first place, so I'm sure these Governors knew they could do it legally.
    Governors consult their lawyers routinely but that doesnít mean the decisions or directives are legal. Regardless of any topic in this thread.

First thing Imma do when I get home is punch yo momma in the mouth.
    Imagine that line in a movie now? Hahah
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Governors consult their lawyers routinely but that doesn’t mean the decisions or directives are legal. Regardless of any topic in this thread.
    I have not heard of any major lawsuits being brought to the courts, and it's been over a month. I'm sure people who know, know. And is it something they want to spend months on? The economy might be open and gatherings may be allowed before they're even heard. Again, it's not permanent, and everyone is sacrificing something during the pandemic.

I have not heard of any major lawsuits being brought to the courts, and it's been over a month. I'm sure people who know, know. And is it something they want to spend months on? The economy might be open and gatherings may be allowed before they're even heard. Again, it's not permanent, and everyone is sacrificing something during the pandemic.
    A lawsuit was already brought in Kentucky. The courts already stepped in with a restraining order. Only took a couple of days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-g...ry?id=70101091

A lawsuit was already brought in Kentucky. The courts already stepped in with a restraining order. Only took a couple of days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-g...ry?id=70101091
    And it says the Kansas Supreme Court ruled in favor of the order to not gather.....supporting Governor Kelly.
    Last edited by Bronco51; 04-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.

And it says the Kansas Supreme Court ruled in favor of the order to not gather.....supporting Governor Kelly.
    Read the entire article. Judge Justin Walker, of the Western District of Kentucky, issued a restraining order against Mayor Fischer and the city of Louisville, Kentucky. The other ruling was in Kansas in favor of Governor Kelly.

Read the entire article. Judge Justin Walker, of the Western District of Kentucky, issued a restraining order against Mayor Fischer and the city of Louisville, Kentucky. The other ruling was in Kansas in favor of Governor Kelly.
    So if there's precedent of a state Supreme Court ruling in favor of it.....it seems pretty legal. Now if the Mayor of Kentucky wants to go that high up...it looks like there's a precedence.

Plus it looks like there was a consequence for that. The Governor recorded those plates and is making them self quarantine for 14 days saying it's the only way their decision doesn't kill someone else.
    Last edited by Bronco51; 04-17-2020 at 06:52 PM.

So if there's precedent of a state Supreme Court ruling in favor of it.....it seems pretty legal. Now if the Mayor of Kentucky wants to go that high up...it looks like there's a precedence.
    The Supreme Court reviews very few decisions from state courts. Itís possible a precedent could be made if the Supreme Court sided with Kansas in that decision. If the city of Louisville wanted to challenge the restraining order they would have to go through the Federal courts. Thereís not been a precedent established by one ruling in Kansas. I doubt the city of Louisville will challenge the restraining order. The mayor wasnít actually following the Governorís direction.

Plus it looks like there was a consequence for that. The Governor recorded those plates and is making them self quarantine for 14 days saying it's the only way their decision doesn't kill someone else.
    The mayor of Louisville sent state police to collect license plate numbers of people attending a drive in church service. Those families were in their cars not gathering in violation of the governorís direction. The service was being broadcast to people in their cars. The Federal judge issued a restraining order against the mayor because those people werenít violating the governorís direction.

What science can you cite that shows deaths are prevented by blocking families in cars attending a drive in church service? What science can the governor or mayor cite that proves theyíre preventing deaths by writing down the license plates at a drive in service, and issuing people quarantine orders after the service?

Iíll wait for any science you can produce showing they would prevent deaths by blocking families from attending a drive in church service. People in a car within the same proximity of a family sitting at the dinner table in their home. What science backs up the mayor of Louisville?
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-17-2020 at 07:37 PM.

The mayor of Louisville sent state police to collect license plate numbers of people attending a drive in church service. Those families were in their cars not gathering in violation of the governor’s direction. The service was being broadcast to people in their cars. The Federal judge issued a restraining order against the mayor because those people weren’t violating the governor’s direction.

What science can you cite that shows deaths are prevented by blocking families in cars attending a drive in church service? What science can the governors or mayor cite that says they’re preventing deaths by writing down the license plates of people at a drive in service, and issuing them self-quarantine orders after the service?

I’ll wait for any science you can produce showing they would prevent deaths from families in a car attending a church service. People in a car within the same proximity of a family sitting at the dinner table in their home. What science backs up the mayor of Louisville?
    I guess I could retort with why should these places be exempt from public health safety measures? Why should they be exempt from not gathering when other places, that can also put social distancing measures in place, are still closed? You could just as easily sit 6 feet apart at a restaurant and movie theater. We don't know everything about this virus.

How are we to know that all their windows were all closed at this gathering? The article you provided showed a woman hanging out of her sunroof. How do we know she isn't infected and didn't sneeze and it didn't get on someone else's car? Isn't the virus supposed to be able to survive on metal for 24 hours? So many variables we don't know that happened. But what has been decided by scientists (from an NPR article):

"For the virus that causes COVID-19 — its official name is SARS-CoV-2 — researchers have found that the typical incubation period is about five days. About 97% of the people who get infected and develop symptoms will do so within 11 to 12 days, and about 99% will within 14 days."

If people want to buck the system, go for it. But hopefully the juice was worth the squeeze. I hope those folks have jobs that will allow their 2 week absence.

I guess I could retort with why should these places be exempt from public health safety measures? Why should they be exempt from not gathering when other places, that can also put social distancing measures in place, are still closed? You could just as easily sit 6 feet apart at a restaurant and movie theater. We don't know everything about this virus.

How are we to know that all their windows were all closed at this gathering? The article you provided showed a woman hanging out of her sunroof. How do we know she isn't infected and didn't sneeze and it didn't get on someone else's car? Isn't the virus supposed to be able to survive on metal for 24 hours? So many variables we don't know that happened. But what has been decided by scientists (from an NPR article):

"For the virus that causes COVID-19 ó its official name is SARS-CoV-2 ó researchers have found that the typical incubation period is about five days. About 97% of the people who get infected and develop symptoms will do so within 11 to 12 days, and about 99% will within 14 days."

If people want to buck the system, go for it. But hopefully the juice was worth the squeeze. I hope those folks have jobs that will allow their 2 week absence.
    They were exempt because the governorís order doesnít include drive in church services. There was not a mass gathering as defined by the governorís order. Do you not understand that?

When the social distancing of six feet is what the health officials say will help prevent the spread, why canít there be people at work or in a restaurant with social distancing? The rules are supposed to prevent transmission - why does that science not apply to the girl in the car at least six feet away from other people?

Thatís ridiculous to say follow the rules to prevent the spread at a grocery store, but the same rule wonít work at a drive in church service. Itís somehow scientific at a grocery store to social distance but it doesnít work anywhere else?

What if someone sneezes in a grocery store? Somehow the social distancing works at grocery stores but not at a restaurant? Explain that.....

They were exempt because the governor’s order doesn’t include drive in church services. There was not a mass gathering as defined by the governor’s order. Do you not understand that?

Then why was he (The Governor) gathering license plates and making them self quarantine afterwards?

When the social distancing of six feet is what the health officials say will help prevent the spread, why can’t there be people at work or in a restaurant with social distancing? The rules are supposed to prevent transmission - why does that science not apply to the girl in the car at least six feet away from other people?

That’s ridiculous to say follow the rules to prevent the spread at a grocery store, but the same rule won’t work at a drive in church service. It’s somehow scientific at a grocery store to social distance but it doesn’t work anywhere else?

What if someone sneezes in a grocery store? Somehow the social distancing works at grocery stores but not at a restaurant? Explain that.....
    Where are you going to get your groceries....hence an essential service. It may suck for some people, but there are people in charge who are supposed to make these tough decisions and decide what we can live with and without for a little while. They don't do this on a whim either. There is thought that goes into this. Our Governor here had his stay at home order likened to Naziism. He is Jewish and was visibly upset when asked to comment. It seems ridiculous that asking to sacrifice something we like to do while people try to find a way to make this work as safely as possible for everyone is such a huge ask.

My last comment of the nite….

Why is it I keep on hearing over and over that testing is not where it needs to be for things to move forward properly? I think I was expressing the need to test, test, test...several months ago. Apparently the capability to test appropriately in a back to work mode is not in sync. The less guessing the better. The more data the better. The more fact the better.