X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieMac
    Canuck Mod, eh!
    • Feb 2004

People here are just ignoring stuff now... tired of it... and we have had very few cases..
    sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
      The MOD Who Laughs
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      People here are just ignoring stuff now... tired of it... and we have had very few cases..
      We're just implemented mandatory mask if social distancing can't be maintained till June 1st. I'm ready for things to go back to some type of normalcy.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Fantaztic7
        Banned User
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        We're just implemented mandatory mask if social distancing can't be maintained till June 1st. I'm ready for things to go back to some type of normalcy.
        That’s a smart policy...use resources unnecessarily for people that don’t need to wear masks instead of channeling to the people that work around vulnerable people like nursing homes. Real smart.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
          Banned User
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTHuCOjAy8

Interesting take from some ER physicians.
          Not sure if you heard, the full video was pulled by YouTube. Wow...

Comment

• Fantaztic7
            Banned User
            • Dec 2015

Tyson Foods chairman warns 'the food supply chain is breaking'

Last edited by Fantaztic7; 04-27-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
              team preacher
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              I just found it on YouTube. It’s still there.
              Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-27-2020, 09:49 PM.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                Banned User
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                I just found it on YouTube. It’s still there.
                Well that’s good to hear. Maybe it was temporarily pulled? I know YouTube has a policy whereby content opposing the WHO position on Covid-19 will be reviewed.

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Healthcare in America. I know I made a post a few days back about our current updates at my hospital.

Well, even better news after working yesterday. Worked in our medical ICU, and we're down to 8 intubated Covid + patients. Got word from AM rounds that, there are on 15 other Covid + patients on the gen care / IMC units.

That is pretty awesome.

The bad news? Well, after busting ass and working on repositioning, frequent pressor and vent changes for these patients, I got FORCED home early after 9.5hrs of a 12 hour shift because 'operational needs are not needed'.

So I can burn my precious vacation time, or go home unpaid. Luckily for me, I have plenty of unused vacation time - but that's just the way it is.

Work front lines, get mandated random shifts including overnights and extra weekends to help treat Covid influx while the hospital loses a crap ton of money due to the cancellation of surgeries - NOW you can go home early. we don't need you, thanks!

For the pundits (including some family members but none really on here) saying how health care workers are/were 'lucky' to be in a profession that guarantees job stability during a time of crisis can shove it. It's always about money, and will be so for the future.

Luckily for me and my wife, we've been fortunate and lucky to have stable jobs and income. I know there are people a lot worse off. But, it does affect us all...
                  Last edited by Peerless; 04-28-2020, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    Healthcare in America. I know I made a post a few days back about our current updates at my hospital.

Well, even better news after working yesterday. Worked in our medical ICU, and we're down to 8 intubated Covid + patients. Got word from AM rounds that, there are on 15 other Covid + patients on the gen care / IMC units.

That is pretty awesome.

The bad news? Well, after busting ass and working on repositioning, frequent pressor and vent changes for these patients, I got FORCED home early after 9.5hrs of a 12 hour shift because 'operational needs are not needed'.

So I can burn my precious vacation time, or go home unpaid. Luckily for me, I have plenty of unused vacation time - but that's just the way it is.

Work front lines, get mandated random shifts including overnights and extra weekends to help treat Covid influx while the hospital loses a crap ton of money due to the cancellation of surgeries - NOW you can go home early. we don't need you, thanks!

For the pundits (including some family members but none really on here) saying how health care workers are/were 'lucky' to be in a profession that guarantees job stability during a time of crisis can shove it. It's always about money, and will be so for the future.

Luckily for me and my wife, we've been fortunate and lucky to have stable jobs and income. I know there are people a lot worse off. But, it does affect us all...
                    Good to hear your "day in a life" messages B!

Good news and not so good news.

Where we are, with low numbers, there will be an announcement soon about loosening things a little. I assume surgeries will be increasing. Do you see that coming for you soon?

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                      team preacher
                      • Mar 2008

Well that’s good to hear. Maybe it was temporarily pulled? I know YouTube has a policy whereby content opposing the WHO position on Covid-19 will be reviewed.
                      That or they may have pulled it from a particular page due to commentary.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                        team preacher
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

That is pretty awesome.

Almost everyone is feeling the pinch. My vehicle allowance and gas card (along with everyone else in the company) is furloughed until the end of July, which is essentially an 8% loss of income for me, but I don’t complain because we’ll still be able to pay our bills and I’m mostly just thankful to still have a job whereas a lot of people I use to see every day no longer do.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Good to hear your "day in a life" messages B!

Good news and not so good news.

Where we are, with low numbers, there will be an announcement soon about loosening things a little. I assume surgeries will be increasing. Do you see that coming for you soon?
                          Yeah, that's the thing. We started increasing surgeries. Only problem is our unit is super overstaffed (thus why workers are being floated) and the surgery schedule is inconsistent. We may be hitting mid 30's again in surgical cases, but they're all slammed in the AM and by the time 4pm comes around, there is a bare OR which means later workers for being forced home.

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Almost everyone is feeling the pinch. My vehicle allowance and gas card (along with everyone else in the company) is furloughed until the end of July, which is essentially an 8% loss of income for me, but I don’t complain because we’ll still be able to pay our bills and I’m mostly just thankful to still have a job whereas a lot of people I use to see every day no longer do.
                          Same here my man. I look at this situation and say - I don't have it bad compared to a lot of people. Grateful and blessed.

Comment

• 58Miller
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jul 2013

Thats says a lot!
                            Sweden who never locked down is reporting that they won’t have a second wave because they have built up a herd immunity.
                            I’m sure that won’t be reported either or will be masked.
                            I didn’t have a lot of faith in a just society before this thing and I have none now!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Bronco51
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Thats says a lot!
                              Sweden who never locked down is reporting that they won’t have a second wave because they have built up a herd immunity.
                              I’m sure that won’t be reported either or will be masked.
                              I didn’t have a lot of faith in a just society before this thing and I have none now!!!!
                              Depends on what you are seeing. I read that Sweden has a higher death rate and their infections have gone up quite drastically in the last few days. Different governments have to do what's best for their citizens, but I feel it's still too early to say we have definitive answers about this virus. The good thing I feel is that people are challenging what they are hearing/seeing and forcing some real deep, thoughtful discussions to be had about what decisions are being made.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Depends on what you are seeing. I read that Sweden has a higher death rate and their infections have gone up quite drastically in the last few days. Different governments have to do what's best for their citizens, but I feel it's still too early to say we have definitive answers about this virus. The good thing I feel is that people are challenging what they are hearing/seeing and forcing some real deep, thoughtful discussions to be had about what decisions are being made.
                                This is why many of us are lucky to live in democracies whereby leaders lead, but public sentiment is valued.

Comment

Working...
                                X