Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1364

Thread: Corona virus

Add me to the count of someone that received the COVID-19 test and turned out NEGATIVE as of yesterday!! Whooo-hoooo!!!!

By the way, the tests they have in Colorado suck! It's a big long swab (4 to 5 inches?) that goes thru each nostril and stings on the way down!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    Add me to the count of someone that received the COVID-19 test and turned out NEGATIVE as of yesterday!! Whooo-hoooo!!!!

By the way, the tests they have in Colorado suck! It's a big long swab (4 to 5 inches?) that goes thru each nostril and stings on the way down!
    Good for you pal!

Did they get into your brain?!

I'm afraid they will test me and not find anything (up there)!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good for you pal!

Did they get into your brain?!

I'm afraid they will test me and not find anything (up there)!!!
    Yeah me too!!!!
    Swab will hit the top of my skull, and come it with cob webs

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Yeah me too!!!!
    Swab will hit the top of my skull, and come it with cob webs
    Funny!

Just heard the local news from our Premier. Loosening a number of restrictions on May 4th. Dang, sounds like I can get my root canal soon!!!

Checking the website once it's up re; new guidelines. Further assessment thru May to determine next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not sure if you heard, the full video was pulled by YouTube. Wow...
    Not all that different from China is it
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Not all that different from China is it
    Very true. On the YouTube video, supposedly it wasnít fully removed but the first part of the interview with the two doctors was edited out.

Facebook is reportedly removing content with groups organizing protests to re-open. I donít know of specific examples however Zuckerburg did say content organizing protests would be removed because it would be considered ďmisinformationĒ.

Although these companies are private, itís similar with respect to the way China controls information about Covid-19.

Itís sort of crazy...in our state weíre essentially on house arrest during Covid-19 while people are being let out of jail. We have two correctional facilities within a half hour each direction and they are letting people go.

Public officials encouraging people to snitch on their fellow citizens, announcing they will hunt people down breaking the rules, arresting a father for playing basketball with his daughter, arresting a teenager for surfing with nobody else around...dystopian world weíre in now.

Very true. On the YouTube video, supposedly it wasnít fully removed but the first part of the interview with the two doctors was edited out.

Facebook is reportedly removing content with groups organizing protests to re-open. I donít know of specific examples however Zuckerburg did say content organizing protests would be removed because it would be considered ďmisinformationĒ.

Although these companies are private, itís similar with respect to the way China controls information about Covid-19.

Itís sort of crazy...in our state weíre essentially on house arrest during Covid-19 while people are being let out of jail. We have two correctional facilities within a half hour each direction and they are letting people go.

Public officials encouraging people to snitch on their fellow citizens, announcing they will hunt people down breaking the rules, arresting a father for playing basketball with his daughter, arresting a teenager for surfing with nobody else around...dystopian world weíre in now.
    Itís interesting to say the least. Zuckerburg was in Senate hearings in the last few years for censorship issues and he promised to change the way things are run, but seems to be somewhat emboldened in the current climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It’s interesting to say the least. Zuckerburg was in Senate hearings in the last few years for censorship issues and he promised to change the way things are run, but seems to be somewhat emboldened in the current climate.
    Plus, it's an election year...I'm sure he'll loosen the muzzle in 2021.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Gilead Announces Results From Phase 3 Trial of Investigational Antiviral Remdesivir in Patients With Severe COVID-19

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-pres...evere-covid-19

Gilead Sciences Statement on Positive Data Emerging From National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseasesí Study of Investigational Antiviral Remdesivir for COVID-19

https://www.gilead.com/news-and-pres...-antiviral-rem

Itís interesting when you think about what rights we have now.
    - we donít have the right to make a living if we are deemed not essential

- we donít have the right to go to our place of worship ( even if we just sit in our car

- we donít have the right to enjoy nature ( beach, camping in mountains, lakes etc.)

We still have the right to buy liquor, weed, and smoke cigarettes ( which kill 480,000 a year in our country).
    For the record I believe in the right to still buy alcohol, weed, and smoke if thatís what you choose to do, as adults we all know their are consequences for our actions.

If the shutdown ended tomorrow people still have the right to stay home if they donít feel safe, and use safe measures to protect those in their families from the Covid, the flu, heart disease, obesity, lung cancer, heart disease etc.

Can somebody help me understand how deaths for Covid are being reported so quickly?

To determine a cause of death tests need to be ran to look for signs of drugs, poisons, or disease. That can take several days or weeks.

In 20 states and the District of Columbia, a pathologist -- a doctor who specializes in the study of disease and injury -- has to do the autopsy.

Anybody know how this is being done so quickly?

Sweden has been compared to Scandinavian countries not other European counties of similar size. I like to compare Apples to Apples, NYC the big Apple and Tokyo are both similar as far as dense population.

Is their any Science that can explain why Tokyo and New York City are so different t regarding Covid-19 Deaths?
    NYC:
    165k confirmed cases
    12,774 deaths

Tokyo:
    4,106 confirmed cases
    117 deaths

Can somebody help me understand how deaths for Covid are being reported so quickly?

To determine a cause of death tests need to be ran to look for signs of drugs, poisons, or disease. That can take several days or weeks.

In 20 states and the District of Columbia, a pathologist -- a doctor who specializes in the study of disease and injury -- has to do the autopsy.

Anybody know how this is being done so quickly?
    It's weird. I saw on the news how the UK numbers jumped because they just started counting number of Covid deaths outside of the hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    It's weird. I saw on the news how the UK numbers jumped because they just started counting number of Covid deaths outside of the hospitals.
    What? Thatís weird
    Well at least Flu deaths are way down

Itís interesting when you think about what rights we have now.
    - we donít have the right to make a living if we are deemed not essential

- we donít have the right to go to our place of worship ( even if we just sit in our car

- we donít have the right to enjoy nature ( beach, camping in mountains, lakes etc.)

We still have the right to buy liquor, weed, and smoke cigarettes ( which kill 480,000 a year in our country).
    For the record I believe in the right to still buy alcohol, weed, and smoke if thatís what you choose to do, as adults we all know their are consequences for our actions.

If the shutdown ended tomorrow people still have the right to stay home if they donít feel safe, and use safe measures to protect those in their families from the Covid, the flu, heart disease, obesity, lung cancer, heart disease etc.
    That would require releasing the immense power obtained from emergency declarations. When someone tells you they want to keep you ďsafeĒ, be skeptical. Think of those nursing homes where they mandated putting recovering Covid-19 patients into those facilities.

A business is suing Pennsylvania over the shut down:

https://www.buckscountycouriertimes....avirus-closure

I could be wrong but I believe this case already made it to the Supreme Court. 30 million people laid off work but the lawyers will be on overtime sorting everything out.