Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2005

Thread: Corona virus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    As far as I know Idaho is one of the 2-3 front runners. Of course it needs to be considered that Idaho seems to have avoided the cv by quite a large scale.
    Well it’s good to hear others are seeing things opening up in a safe way.

Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

The story involved a 35-year-old man from Montezuma County who died May 4 of alcohol poisoning but whose death was counted in Colorado’s COVID-19 death toll.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.

The story involved a 35-year-old man from Montezuma County who died May 4 of alcohol poisoning but whose death was counted in Colorado’s COVID-19 death toll.
    I am sure there are discrepancies in The US and elsewhere. I believe Dr. Fauci said that the count was understated overall.

Said truth, from my perspective, too many have been lost or damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am sure there are discrepancies in The US and elsewhere. I believe Dr. Fauci said that the count was understated overall.

Said truth, from my perspective, too many have been lost or damaged.
    Normally it takes 3 weeks to do an autopsy, with Covid 19 the CDC is using of person had symptoms or had tested positive that is the cause of death. Deaths from Flu, Heart Disease, cancer etc. have all gone down not because we are making progress on them but because they are being listed as Covid 19 by default.

Normally it takes 3 weeks to do an autopsy, with Covid 19 the CDC is using of person had symptoms or had tested positive that is the cause of death. Deaths from Flu, Heart Disease, cancer etc. have all gone down not because we are making progress on them but because they are being listed as Covid 19 by default.
    I don't know specifics, so I should carefully dip into this...just going by what Dr. Fauci said.

I don't know specifics, so I should carefully dip into this...just going by what Dr. Fauci said.
    Dr. Fauci is the expert for sure.
    He isn’t perfect.

Jan. 21 - a day after the first case of COVID-19 in the U.S. was reported - Fauci said that the virus was "not a major threat for the people of the United States

March 8th - "Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks," Fauci said in the interview.

I just want the truth Can, Im sure you do to. I have no doubt this is a horrible virus and is very deadly to a portion of our country, and can cause even more people to become painfully sick. Accurate death count is vital, and shouldn’t be guessed because it affects how the virus is fought.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-16-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Manning, Elway, Broncos and Rockies donate more than $16 million to Colorado COVID-relief

Dr. Fauci is the expert for sure.
    He isn’t perfect.

Jan. 21 - a day after the first case of COVID-19 in the U.S. was reported - Fauci said that the virus was "not a major threat for the people of the United States

March 8th - "Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks," Fauci said in the interview.

I just want the truth Can, Im sure you do to. I have no doubt this is a horrible virus and is very deadly to a portion of our country, and can cause even more people to become painfully sick. Accurate death count is vital, and shouldn’t be guessed because it affects how the virus is fought.
    All good 58! Even if we differ a wee bit on any of this, I respect your effort. And I am sure you'll agree, even if the numbers are overstated (in The US or anywhere), it is a very tragic situation. And I don't say that to try to minimize the info you provide, because we are finding out things every day. Even Cuomo's surprising findings, that the data is showing that folks staying at home most of the time, are more infected than the essential workers. Almost mind boggling to me. But you have to go with it, because it's not what I think or want to believe, it's what's being proven to us through analysis.

Having you ever noticed in life how you finally figured out something that changes everything, though for years you were not onto it. Like an ailment of some sort. Changed everything. I fictionalize, but what if we settle in on what we believe, and then one day they discover that, if every day you touch your nose once, scratch your head, and stomp 3 times on the floor with your left foot, you will never get sick from this virus, No matter how you found out, would you not just be happy that you figured it out??? (forget my crazy attempt to try to explain, rather the concept)
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-16-2020 at 03:56 PM.

I'm more worried about this thing that's affecting kids that is associated with COVID. It resembles Kawasaki disease, which is pretty nasty stuff.

All good 58! Even if we differ a wee bit on any of this, I respect your effort. And I am sure you'll agree, even if the numbers are overstated (in The US or anywhere), it is a very tragic situation. And I don't say that to try to minimize the info you provide, because we are finding out things every day. Even Cuomo's surprising findings, that the data is showing that folks staying at home most of the time, are more infected than the essential workers. Almost mind boggling to me. But you have to go with it, because it's not what I think or want to believe, it's what's being proven to us through analysis.

Having you ever noticed in life how you finally figured out something that changes everything, though for years you were not onto it. Like an ailment of some sort. Changed everything. I fictionalize, but what if we settle in on what we believe, and then one day they discover that, if every day you touch your nose once, scratch your head, and stomp 3 times on the floor with your left foot, you will never get sick from this virus, No matter how you found out, would you not just be happy that you figured it out??? (forget my crazy attempt to try to explain, rather the concept)
    That is true! Imagine how people originally took it when Penicillin was introduced!!!! Lol Mold!!!!
    Vaccines are insane if you think about the science.
    Person: “I don’t want flu!”
    Doctor:”okay will inject your with the flu”
    Person”what?”
    Doctor:” a weakened form your immune system can defeat, giving you immunity”
    Person:”okay”

That is true! Imagine how people originally took it when Penicillin was introduced!!!! Lol Mold!!!!
    Vaccines are insane if you think about the science.
    Person: “I don’t want flu!”
    Doctor:”okay will inject your with the flu”
    Person”what?”
    Doctor:” a weakened form your immune system can defeat, giving you immunity”
    Person:”okay”
    good stuff!!

Today me, my wife, my two daughters, and our two dogs went for a hike along a river trail. I realized the many good things we are experiencing despite the tragic events that have affected the whole world due to Covid -19.

I don’t have much to complain about:

1. Me, my family and friends have not lost anyone. Very thankful knowing many have not been so lucky.

2. I have had an opportunity to spend more quality time with my wife and kids ( and dogs).

3. Me and my wife have cut out junk food and alcohol during this time and we are seeing the benefits.

4. We are learning to live with less money and enjoying simple things like:
    -hikes,
    - game night,
    - trivia night on zoom with friends,
    - happy hour with friends on zoom ( i drink a non alcoholic drink

5. I have more me time, to workout, and get caught up on maintenance around the house etc.

What’s the saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?”
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-16-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Today me, my wife, my two daughters, and our two dogs went for a hike along a river trail. I realized the many good things we are experiencing despite the tragic events that have affected the whole world due to Covid -19.

I don’t have much to complain about:

1. Me, my family and friends have not lost anyone. Very thankful knowing many have not been so lucky.

2. I have had an opportunity to spend more quality time with my wife and kids ( and dogs).

3. Me and my wife have cut out junk food and alcohol during this time and we are seeing the benefits.

4. We are learning to live with less money and enjoying simple things like:
    -hikes,
    - game night,
    - trivia night on zoom with friends,
    - happy hour with friends on zoom ( i drink a non alcoholic drink

5. I have more me time, to workout, and get caught up on maintenance around the house etc.

What’s the saying “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?”
    Good on you! Many of us have been lucky. I said it before, but if this was in another era of my life, it would have been much, much more difficult.

I am lucky to have a very understanding and easy to get along with wife. And as long as my kids are well, and others that really matter in my life, I can not complain.

The one thing that surprises me thus far is how I have kept even partly sane (though that's up for discussion) minus most sports!!! Thank goodness for The NFL, because without FA and The Draft, it would have been much worse.

One day at a time. One sunset at a time. Good deeds and positive thoughts.

Good on you! Many of us have been lucky. I said it before, but if this was in another era of my life, it would have been much, much more difficult.

I am lucky to have a very understanding and easy to get along with wife. And as long as my kids are well, and others that really matter in my life, I can not complain.

The one thing that surprises me thus far is how I have kept even partly sane (though that's up for discussion) minus most sports!!! Thank goodness for The NFL, because without FA and The Draft, it would have been much worse.

One day at a time. One sunset at a time. Good deeds and positive thoughts.
    Yeah the NFL Free Agency period and the draft have been highlights for me as well!

I’ll have to remember that, “one sunset at a time”

Fight night right now!
    I’m glad I can enjoy the UFC at this time.