• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Future are green at the moment.
    I will just add this in for now. I get too close to the markets when things are like this, and I learned that the Recession took too much out of my positivity.

But what do you folks think about paying folks hard cash for the next month or two, to pay the bills, and at least feel decent about life. This money infusion often helps economies stay relatively stable, as at least some businesses can do well, and the financial world needs cash flow in grim times. Not my idea, and has been done before.

Comment

• Peerless
      Football Immortal
      • May 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I will just add this in for now. I get too close to the markets when things are like this, and I learned that the Recession took too much out of my positivity.

But what do you folks think about paying folks hard cash for the next month or two, to pay the bills, and at least feel decent about life. This money infusion often helps economies stay relatively stable, as at least some businesses can do well, and the financial world needs cash flow in grim times. Not my idea, and has been done before.
      Yeah, something needs to be done to help the folks who are going to have a difficult time to get through life with rent, groceries, etc.

That half a trillion dollars that the feds released into the market the other day would have been a nice gift to the American people! Instead, they pumped it into the tanking market which did nothing!

Comment

• Peerless
        Football Immortal
        • May 2004

Okay, I'm going to step away from this thread for a while. Got home from a long shift at work, noticed Dow / S&P futures down ~5%.

Not doing this anymore...

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

I am with you Brent. One small piece of good stock news, and I have not looked into it. But I see that Amazon, after taking some hits like most others, is up 14% in about one week.

Lets share good stories.

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Thought I'd try to spread a wee bit of optimism in the financial world.

It’s Warren Buffet in 2008 but the words ring true again today. His predictions for the future were amazingly prescient…

‘’Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful"

Not saying jump right in, but folks like Buffet have a penchant for fearful markets.

Comment

• Peerless
              Football Immortal
              • May 2004

Still not looking...

Comment

• Lumiere
                All-Time Great
                • Jan 2011

Nice day today - hope the rebound continues. :usa:
                To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Big green day today, but I don't care.

Nothing really matters right now, yesterday, or tomorrow. I will say - it was nice to see a big positive day in the news for once... but it could all change tomorrow, or not.

Staying the course....

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Big green day today, but I don't care.

Nothing really matters right now, yesterday, or tomorrow. I will say - it was nice to see a big positive day in the news for once... but it could all change tomorrow, or not.

Staying the course....
                    Yes.....talk of stimulus sometimes has a very positive but sometimes short lived effect. I wish we could just see a bottom, but until the markets are more optimistic about how we will all look in 6 months or so, it's likely part of the volatile nature of this roller coaster ride. In that sense, I wish we had a good news financial story to tell each week, but you can only introduce multi trillion dollar packages once in a great long time. And it needs to be ironed out, executed, and then into the hands of people....and then some.

In tandem, maybe we will get some hopeful news on the healthcare side, but I just don't see it until these waves pass, quicker testing is available for the masses, and a cure and vaccine have more chance at success. Plus we get more reassurances that the virus will not rise up again. On that side, I do believe that many solution possibilities are happening, in many places. I posted how a local team is on the verge of a treatment by end of summer. And I see that there are plenty of other medical researchers who are also diligently making headway. It may not be quick enough to stem the tide, just now, but it's refreshing to hear of these programs and how effective they might be.

So lets have faith. There are many brilliant people who, if they work closely together, can expedite things.

OK...lets go for 2 days in a row, on The DOW and TSX, and not to leave out our other friends, in all world markets!!

Comment

• CanDB
                      Football Immortal
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Yes.....talk of stimulus sometimes has a very positive but sometimes short lived effect. I wish we could just see a bottom, but until the markets are more optimistic about how we will all look in 6 months or so, it's likely part of the volatile nature of this roller coaster ride. In that sense, I wish we had a good news financial story to tell each week, but you can only introduce multi trillion dollar packages once in a great long time. And it needs to be ironed out, executed, and then into the hands of people....and then some.

In tandem, maybe we will get some hopeful news on the healthcare side, but I just don't see it until these waves pass, quicker testing is available for the masses, and a cure and vaccine have more chance at success. Plus we get more reassurances that the virus will not rise up again. On that side, I do believe that many solution possibilities are happening, in many places. I posted how a local team is on the verge of a treatment by end of summer. And I see that there are plenty of other medical researchers who are also diligently making headway. It may not be quick enough to stem the tide, just now, but it's refreshing to hear of these programs and how effective they might be.

So lets have faith. There are many brilliant people who, if they work closely together, can expedite things.

OK...lets go for 2 days in a row, on The DOW and TSX, and not to leave out our other friends, in all world markets!!
                      Well....we can't say we didn't get 2 in a row. Hope that, if it must decline, it is not too steep or lengthy.

:thumb:

Comment

• Peerless
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2004

Still not buying these gains....

A federal stimulus can only do so much to try and cover up the national mess of the pandemic. I see a sell off tomorrow.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

Brent, did you see 3 days in a row? I didn't. I wish this had some meat to it, other than a brief happy dance because of the stimulus, including here in Canada.

As I say, because the markets reflect life in the next half year or so, I hope for everyone that they predict a better outcome than what some may think. That would mean people are healthier than less healthy. And folks like you and my daughter would not have to risk themselves and work so hard.

Comment

• Peerless
                            Football Immortal
                            • May 2004

Market up huge yesterday, and futures up today quite a bit. All because of "hope" that Covid19 is... peaking?

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
                              team preacher
                              • Mar 2008

Market up huge yesterday, and futures up today quite a bit. All because of "hope" that Covid19 is... peaking?
                              I wonder if they have inside information from pharmaceutical companies?
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                I wonder if they have inside information from pharmaceutical companies?
                                I think it's all to do with an improvement in the trending in NY, combined with some slight positives in other places. Perhaps the market overly declined when the panic set in, and is possibly finding a bottom soon....which will likely consist of some more roller coaster days. Any good news seems to spark a nice rally. And that's good. I am just weary of the next couple of months, when economic data captures the essence of the recession or whatever we are in.

But I will admit, some of the stock market data in the last few weeks is better than I would have guessed.

Comment

Working...
                                X