Page 150 of 174 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2600

Thread: NFL Draft

  1. #2236
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dinner Table, Hungry
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    What a wild ride it was for Day 2.

    WR KJ Hamler - surprise pick considering we took receiver in the 1st.. HOWEVER he is an electric playmaker who can threaten the defense at ever level. PFF said he’s the 3rd-best separator in this class behind Jeudy/Lamb. Our WR room is SET. Super aggressive pick by Elway that could end up working out after all.

    CB Michael Ojemudia - a big reach, but has upside to excel in Fangio’s defense. Long, physical corner with good athleticism. A scheme fit as a zone corner.

    C Lloyd Cushenberry III - day one starter at center. Should have gone in the 2nd round. Incredibly smart and got the #18 patch at LSU. Heckuva player. My favorite Day 2 pick.

    DL McTelvin Agim - offers potential as a 3T or nose on passing downs. Explosive first step. Could develop into an impactful rotational guy.
    Thanks for the recap...

    I am STOKED

    With our WR picks... I think our #2 pick says a lot. Elway trusts munchak and fangio to couch up some of our needs. It also says a lot of the speed threat of Hamler. I am stoked to have him on the team.

  2. #2237
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,278
    Lol at all these amateurs in here whining and complaining....."the arrogance of elway" ....lololol

    The DB was not a huge reach at all. If anyone thinks that, then why dont you go tell vic fangio that he doesnt not know the best players for his defense. That was his guy. His pick.

    We are having an excellent draft so far

  3. #2238
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    What a wild ride it was for Day 2.

    WR KJ Hamler - surprise pick considering we took receiver in the 1st.. HOWEVER he is an electric playmaker who can threaten the defense at ever level. PFF said heís the 3rd-best separator in this class behind Jeudy/Lamb. Our WR room is SET. Super aggressive pick by Elway that could end up working out after all.

    CB Michael Ojemudia - a big reach, but has upside to excel in Fangioís defense. Long, physical corner with good athleticism. A scheme fit as a zone corner.

    C Lloyd Cushenberry III - day one starter at center. Should have gone in the 2nd round. Incredibly smart and got the #18 patch at LSU. Heckuva player. My favorite Day 2 pick.

    DL McTelvin Agim - offers potential as a 3T or nose on passing downs. Explosive first step. Could develop into an impactful rotational guy.
    I donít think Ojemudia is as big of a reach as people are making him out to be. We needed a third corner and this guy had some crazy stats last year. Qb rating if 50 ish when thrown at and an abysmal 3.0 ....yes 3.0 of passes in the 10-19 yrd range. Iíll take that for a slot type corner all day.

  4. #2239
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGB83 View Post
    I don’t think Ojemudia is as big of a reach as people are making him out to be. We needed a third corner and this guy had some crazy stats last year. Qb rating if 50 ish when thrown at and an abysmal 3.0 ....yes 3.0 of passes in the 10-19 yrd range. I’ll take that for a slot type corner all day.
    You think he ends up in the slot? Fangio used Callahan in the slot in Chicago, I guess I just assumed that's where he'd go again. I know nothing of Ojemudia though. Is he better suited for the slot or can he cover the outside as well?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  5. #2240
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    I really find it silly of people wearing masking in their own home....
    I saw a blurb in the last few days that the NFL wouldn't put draftees on camera unless they were obviously following quarantine procedures.

  6. #2241
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,997
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGB83 View Post
    I donít think Ojemudia is as big of a reach as people are making him out to be. We needed a third corner and this guy had some crazy stats last year. Qb rating if 50 ish when thrown at and an abysmal 3.0 ....yes 3.0 of passes in the 10-19 yrd range. Iíll take that for a slot type corner all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lol at all these amateurs in here whining and complaining....."the arrogance of elway" ....lololol

    The DB was not a huge reach at all. If anyone thinks that, then why dont you go tell vic fangio that he doesnt not know the best players for his defense. That was his guy. His pick.

    We are having an excellent draft so far
    Those are good numbers, I like that. I think he was drafted to play outside opposite Bouye though.

    I mean, it was a reach. Especially over the guys that were on the board at the time. Fangio got his guy and someone that fits his scheme, fantastic. Iím excited for Ojemudiaís potential and the physicality he brings to the defense as a corner. But he was definitely someone we probably couldíve gotten in the 4th round (according to most boards).

    By your logic, no pick is ever really a reach since the coaches and GMs get ďtheir guyĒ who they think fits their team.

  7. #2242
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You think he ends up in the slot? Fangio used Callahan in the slot in Chicago, I guess I just assumed that's where he'd go again. I know nothing of Ojemudia though. Is he better suited for the slot or can he cover the outside as well?
    He is mainly zone but should project to compete with yiadom and bausby at cb2

  8. #2243
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    So last year trade with the Steelers/Bengals is completely done.

    Denver got:
    TE Noah Fant (20)
    OL Cushenberry (83 2020 draft)
    QB Drew Lock (52 used to trade up with the Bengals)

    Steelers got:
    LB Bush

    Cincinnati in the trade for lock got:
    TE Drew Sample (52)
    DT Renell Wren (125)
    RB Trayveon Williams (182)

    So over all I think we used that trade down and up very well.

    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

  9. #2244
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,157
    I'm really, really happy that we picked a guy that should be able to step into the starting job at Center. All of the guys that (I feel) might have been good enough to come in and bump Bolles out of LT were gone by #11. So the next best thing was to make the only other dramatic single addition to the line, and they did it.

  10. #2245
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,565
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Those are good numbers, I like that. I think he was drafted to play outside opposite Bouye though.

    I mean, it was a reach. Especially over the guys that were on the board at the time. Fangio got his guy and someone that fits his scheme, fantastic. Iím excited for Ojemudiaís potential and the physicality he brings to the defense as a corner. But he was definitely someone we probably couldíve gotten in the 4th round (according to most boards).

    By your logic, no pick is ever really a reach since the coaches and GMs get ďtheir guyĒ who they think fits their team.
    I donít think Iíd say it was a reach. Based off of the mediaís opinions then yeah it is, but CBs are often all over the place for NFL front offices and scheme fit is definitely a huge part of it. It isnít like there arenít other zone heavy defenses out there and teams like the Patriots and Seahawks routinely draft guys where they want instead of where the media projects them. After the first 20 or so picks it always starts to get screwy. Point being, who really knows? As long as they are sticking to their board then Iím fine with that.

  11. #2246
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,997
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I donít think Iíd say it was a reach. Based off of the mediaís opinions then yeah it is, but CBs are often all over the place for NFL front offices and scheme fit is definitely a huge part of it. It isnít like there arenít other zone heavy defenses out there and teams like the Patriots and Seahawks routinely draft guys where they want instead of where the media projects them. After the first 20 or so picks it always starts to get screwy. Point being, who really knows? As long as they are sticking to their board then Iím fine with that.
    Good point. Scheme dictates the decision 100%. Some of the best corners in this league have been Day 3 picks or even undrafted, so youíre rightó who really knows? Ojemudia is the first DB that Fangio has drafted as HC here. With the top focus being corner going into the 3rd round, they most certainly got their guy. I hope my initial reaction can be laughed about later this year when he takes over that starting CB spot and holds it down for the rest of the year.

  12. #2247
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,026
    PLEASE get Troy Dye or Akeem Davis-Gaither with the next pick, please!

  13. #2248
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,666
    This has gone quite well. I wanted a LB, but it wasn't a significant of a need as the big three- WR/CB/C.

    I might have to put money on Denver making the playoffs, I think we're going to be one of those "where did they come from??" teams in 2020.

  14. #2249
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,749
    Of the players remaining in round 4 I want to see one of...….

    Troy Dye (LB)
    Akeem Davis-Gaither (LB)
    Trey Adams (OT)
    Saahdiq Charles (OT)
    Prince Tega Wanogho (OT)
    Tyler Biadasz (C)
    Hunter Bryant (TE)
    Amek Robertson (CB)
    Bryce Hall (CB)
    Geno Stone (S)


    Any one of them in the 4th would be very good additions here. If not, I wouldn't be upset if we traded that 4th for Avery Williamson (who was drafted in the 5th by the way) from the Jets. The Jets put him on the block 2 days ago, still 28 years old
    Last edited by JvDub95; 04-25-2020 at 05:31 AM.

  15. #2250
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,749
    Having thought about yesterdays draft and how it went with the direction of the 2 WR draft, I love it!!! Hamler has the skill set to be a nightmare for defenses and on special teams. Think about Denvers offense, think about how good it has the possibility of being and how cheap it is going to be for the next 4-5 years!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •