My big board is currently
    Bryce Hall

Leki Fotu
    Troy Dye
    Albert O
    Amik
    Prince T

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I donít think Iíd say it was a reach. Based off of the mediaís opinions then yeah it is, but CBs are often all over the place for NFL front offices and scheme fit is definitely a huge part of it. It isnít like there arenít other zone heavy defenses out there and teams like the Patriots and Seahawks routinely draft guys where they want instead of where the media projects them. After the first 20 or so picks it always starts to get screwy. Point being, who really knows? As long as they are sticking to their board then Iím fine with that.
    It really is all over the place. Most of the draftniks like the pick actually or are at least willing to trust the Fangio Brain trust.

Not that I agree with this at all, but CBS has Ojemudia as our best graded pick (which is ridiculous but just underscores that these pundits donít really know).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...elections/amp/

Ian St. Clair loves what Denver did:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...was-incredible

And so does NFL.com:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

Itís been a great draft so far in picking up key talent. We still have some holes and if we donít pick up more O line and linebacker help today then Elway must think our o line and defensive coaches are miracle workers, but Iíve been pleased.
    Last edited by Humberg; 04-25-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You think he ends up in the slot? Fangio used Callahan in the slot in Chicago, I guess I just assumed that's where he'd go again. I know nothing of Ojemudia though. Is he better suited for the slot or can he cover the outside as well?
    Correct me if I'm wrong { I'm not ;-) } , but I believe it was stated that Callahan was slotted to be our outside CB and Chris Harris was slotted to our or "Slot Corner". Obviously it didn't work out that way due to Callahan not seeing the field.

Vic Fangio said he was urging Elway to trade up a couple of times to get these players. I'm wondering which two players he wanted to trade up for.

One sounds like Michael Ojemudia, talk was some teams almost took him in 2nd round.

The other one I'm thinking could have been KJ Hamler...lol. Word has it that Vic was pounding on the table for this guy.
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Best value pick so far???

Imo, it has to be Cushenberry. He was a second round grade talent. He is a plug and play guy that we get middle of the draft. Jeudy falling to us at 15 is the easy choice but no way Lloyd should have been there at 83.

Biggest head scratcher???

I have a hard time picking one. If I had to I would say Ojemudia with our 1st 3rd?? I can't really say that was a head scratch pick either because he fits Vic's system very well. Was it Hamler? Clearly he was going in the 2nd so why not us? We need the talent on offense don't we?

maybe i'm missing it, but is there not a thread around dedicated to our picks only & some breakdown & analysis of the picks?

i thought surely somebody good at that type of thing would have posted something for others to check out

Got get Akeem Davis-Gaithersburg or Troy Dye in the 4th round. Neither player should be there and are good value there.

We desperately need a LB that can cover the likes of Kelce, Waller, and Henry. Davis is garbage and thatís not AJs forte.

Please John grab one of these guys even if you have to move up a little. This would complete me.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Got get Akeem Davis-Gaithersburg or Troy Dye in the 4th round. Neither player should be there and are good value there.

We desperately need a LB that can cover the likes of Kelce, Waller, and Henry. Davis is garbage and thatís not AJs forte.

Please John grab one of these guys even if you have to move up a little. This would complete me.
    I would be really happy with Davis- Gaither. I also would like Bartch as a swing tackle that could develop into a starter or Bryce Hall whom I think could be a really good starter. I hope we donít take Bachie in the 4th but I fear that is where it might go. He looks like Todd Davis to me

But who knows? I have been shocked with our draft so far

A record 13 WRs were selected in the first 2 rounds of this year's draft.

Apparently the experts and a high % of the fans were bang on with their curiosity as to the talent and depth of this year's crop.

But of course, you need teams to select them, so it is only one with the other....they don't get selected on their own.

(haha...The Broncos did their part!)

Sooooo, do we entertain bringing in another QB? At this point I think we ALL know Lock is our guy. But, if he gets hurt we are leaning on Driskel???? Is Fromm or Eason better?? I would say yes and, if they actually turn heads we could trade for future assets???

Great article and film breakdown with Ojemudia. Iím coming around and liking this pick more and more.

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-draf...hael-ojemudia/

hopefully we find a player or players today who will contribute a lot if not this year then next year at like ILB n OT

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sooooo, do we entertain bringing in another QB? At this point I think we ALL know Lock is our guy. But, if he gets hurt we are leaning on Driskel???? Is Fromm or Eason better?? I would say yes and, if they actually turn heads we could trade for future assets???
    I prefer we don't, and eventually go with a vet backup who has a decent record in that capacity. Not sure about this year though. But I think when you have a young gun like we do, you give him the job, and support him with, if nothing else, a mentor. Driskel can be one of the three.

I just prefer we fill positions of need today, and hopefully find a hidden gem at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Maybe with one of the 7ths but I would prefer Elway focus on other positions. Almost feel they would have a better luck with an UDFA or waived QB. But have no issue with the logic. I've proposed the K. Tate as a flyer option. But who knows what the Brain Trust is thinking.?

Looking at today. There are several options likely still available with the 12th pick. Can't wait to see who is still on the board and then which player they take. Long waits for the next four picks but will be interesting to see in which direction they go.

As I stated a couple days ago, we all had our turn at mocking and listing our preferences, now we get to see what Elway and Co prefer. They haven't disappointed.

Man. I really do not like Cecil. I donít know why. I just donít like the way he talks I guess