Page 20 of 174 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

Iím not too bent on names and position. That said, this team still has major question marks at OT and no C. Still have major depth issues on o-line as well. Iím really hoping we see some quality o-line drafted. I wouldnít be upset at drafting a WR at 1, but a shiny WR isnít as effective if the o-line constantly falls apart. Iím hoping we land a couple starting linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Iím not too bent on names and position. That said, this team still has major question marks at OT and no C. Still have major depth issues on o-line as well. Iím really hoping we see some quality o-line drafted. I wouldnít be upset at drafting a WR at 1, but a shiny WR isnít as effective if the o-line constantly falls apart. Iím hoping we land a couple starting linemen.
    Hey pal, I understand. Oline was a key issue as identified by our board months ago. I think it is still as important. I do think these shiny objects that catch the ball have influence the minds of many folks, not just Broncos fans. Having said that, we need one. I luv the first round cast of WRs, but would be ok with a 2nd rounder.

Overall I can see us selecting 2 OlinersÖ.maybe even 2 WRs (if no first rounder). And otherwise I want Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey pal, I understand. Oline was a key issue as identified by our board months ago. I think it is still as important. I do think these shiny objects that catch the ball have influence the minds of many folks, not just Broncos fans. Having said that, we need one. I luv the first round cast of WRs, but would be ok with a 2nd rounder.

Overall I can see us selecting 2 OlinersÖ.maybe even 2 WRs (if no first rounder). And otherwise I want Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I just want another good, solid draft that fills some holes and provides a few starters. O line is still the biggest weakness on our team IMO. Still could use another LB, CB, DL, so on. Thereís some holes to fill. Crossing my fingers that we see a good draft with no weird head scratching moves.

I just want another good, solid draft that fills some holes and provides a few starters. O line is still the biggest weakness on our team IMO. Still could use another LB, CB, DL, so on. There’s some holes to fill. Crossing my fingers that we see a good draft with no weird head scratching moves.
    Same here. As the Rolling Stones said it best, "you can't always get want you want....but if you try sometimes, you just might find,
    you get what you need."

I hope we get what we need.

I just want another good, solid draft that fills some holes and provides a few starters. O line is still the biggest weakness on our team IMO. Still could use another LB, CB, DL, so on. There’s some holes to fill. Crossing my fingers that we see a good draft with no weird head scratching moves.
    You are asking too much. Some portion of the fan base and the numerous analysts "grading" the draft will take objection to some trade or player, inevitable.

Whatever Elway and Co choose to do will be wrong: in somebodies eyes. Considered a "head scratcher" or bungled move. That's why he gets the big bucks.

My sentiment remains simply... can't wait to see how the draft is handled (perceived good or bad) and welcome several new players to the team by Sunday.

I am excited for tonight not just because its the draft and hope we land some big contributors but also because it is finally a live sporting event I been going crazy with out sports

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    I am excited for tonight not just because its the draft and hope we land some big contributors but also because it is finally a live sporting event I been going crazy with out sports
    Glad its time,but I'm bummed. I had plans to be in Vegas tonight and participate in the hooplaa. Wouldaa been my first.(&#!!&^***)!

Ole Charlie Casserly's mock sees the usual top 3 WRs go before us, but we take Jefferson at 15. Interesting. That's why some of us like trading back a little to get him plus draft currency.

Ole Charlie Casserly's mock sees the usual top 3 WRs go before us, but we take Jefferson at 15. Interesting. That's why some of us like trading back a little to get him plus draft currency.
    Trading back is tricky though, because a team can easily jump you again. I think Jefferson has a legit shot at being the guy at 15.

With 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, I'd say the goal should be 4 players, with two day 1 starters, a rotation guy that grooms into the starter position, and a developmental reserve guy.

For me the top result would be

Ruggs (1st, 3rd, and 5th trade up to 10)
    Josh Jones (2nd, 4th trade up to colts at 37)
    Matt Hennessy
    Logan Wilson

Personally, would love to see Bryce Hall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Trading back is tricky though, because a team can easily jump you again. I think Jefferson has a legit shot at being the guy at 15.
    Agreed! I suggest trading back works pending how strongly you trust what others are doing. That usually works better if you only move back a little. Reduces the area of what you don't know. Not bullet proof, but often I have seen teams move back a little and get the player they wanted.

No doubt, there are risks.

Agreed! I suggest trading back works pending how strongly you trust what others are doing. That usually works better if you only move back a little. Reduces the area of what you don't know. Not bullet proof, but often I have seen teams move back a little and get the player they wanted.

No doubt, there are risks.
    Also to be considered is highly does Elway covet Jefferson?

Trading back is a lot easier to accept if you are not locked into one player. And are just as comfortable with any one of Mims, Aiyuk, or ?

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Trading back is a lot easier to accept if you are not locked into one player. And are just as comfortable with any one of Mims, Aiyuk, or ?
    Elway's worst drafts are when he "loves" a guy...best to let the draft come to him like he did the past two years.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Elway's worst drafts are when he "loves" a guy...best to let the draft come to him like he did the past two years.
    I think there is something to this.

Both Lynch and Ray were players we traded up for.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

That I also agree with. Yes, if Elway likes Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs for example, and does not like Jefferson, or does not see him as a fit, my points are irrelevant. And I agree that it is better to trade back if you have multiple options when you get there.

If I can go back a little. I think we all have those moments, not nearly Eureka style, but moments where we have a feeling about a situation or a trend, that few others have mentioned. One day it hit me that Jefferson was liked by more folks than I thought, given the so called top 3 were talked about so much. Then I noticed that some experts liked him better than at least one of the others.

Then I thought, if that guy is less loved than he should be, and drops into the 20s, why not see if we can nab him, and maybe acquire trade currency as a bonus?

Clearly though, others think the same.