Page 86 of 174 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2600

Thread: NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I donít think Kristian Fulton falls to 46, but my goodness we would scoop up an absolute steal. Heís my CB2 ahead of Henderson, heís a fantastic cover corner that shut down receivers in both man and zone. He was one of the leaders of that LSU defense.

As far as a trade up goes I think he would be the only one I see worthy. Possibly Josh Jones but if itís not Fulton Iíd rather just sit at 46 and see who falls to us. Itís bound to be a solid player and will certainly fill a need. Fulton just stands out though

What a deep draft all around this is

Quote Originally Posted by Banner29 View Post
    As far as a trade up goes I think he would be the only one I see worthy. Possibly Josh Jones but if itís not Fulton Iíd rather just sit at 46 and see who falls to us. Itís bound to be a solid player and will certainly fill a need. Fulton just stands out though

What a deep draft all around this is
    I think there might be some concern about Fulton tracking the ball. That was Roby's main prob coming out, and he never really got good at it in the NFL. The only reason I think Diggs is falling is just because he's not really fast. If you like Richard Sherman, I don't get how you can't be intrigued by Diggs. I thought they'd both go in the 1st though.

Day 2 should be fun still tons of great players left on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Loads of options at 46. Guys I like. Would be hard for me to pass on the bottom four if the top 6 are gone.

AJ Epenesa
    Josh Jones
    Ezra Cleveland
    Trevon Diggs
    Jaylon Johnson
    Lloyd Cushenberry

Jonah Jackson
    Ross Blacklock
    Marlon Davidson
    Xavier McKinnney
    Jeremy Chinn

About the Wirfs thing. The first team that comes to mind to me is Philadelphia. I could see them trading up for Lamb, because they wound up with a guy who, by some accounts was moving up draft boards, but probably could've been had later. I don't know why they didn't take Jefferson, tbh. And, I don't think MIN would've taken Reagor, even though I mocked him there at one point, because they took a guy who operated almost exclusively out of the slot while having Theilen. They must've been super high on Jefferson to leave Aiyuk and Mims, who I personally thought were better fits, on the board. Not saying Jefferson is an exclusive slot guy, though. Just noting what he did in college. Higgins is another fit guy for MIN. I think Philly wanted Lamb, and maybe Jeudy.

The team I'm shocked the most who didn't trade back is ATL after Henderson and Kinlaw went. Even if Terrell goes to Vegas, there is good corner depth.
    Lots of talent on your list. We can find some starters this evening. I prefer an OT, CB, ILB and Center, then see how things shake out. If however a BPA of need is clearly the better choice, and it does not align with my way of thinking, GREAT!!!!f

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Day 2 should be fun still tons of great players left on the board.
    From a completely selfish Broncos perspective I am going to be more then a little frustrated tonight as I watch all those "great players" get selected by other teams.

But overall excited about the possibilities of the players available with the Broncos selecting 4 of the next 60 picks. Should be some great players in there. Maybe not the high profile ones I want but some contributors. Pick wisely Mr Elway!

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think there might be some concern about Fulton tracking the ball. That was Roby's main prob coming out, and he never really got good at it in the NFL. The only reason I think Diggs is falling is just because he's not really fast. If you like Richard Sherman, I don't get how you can't be intrigued by Diggs. I thought they'd both go in the 1st though.
    I think Fulton is one of the best corners in this class in terms of getting his head turned around and tracking the ball in the air. I wish Fulton had slightly longer arms, but heís got good eyes and has the smarts defensively to make an impact. Diggs would be great too. I just think heís a bit raw and needs to refine his technique a lot. Heís one guy I really liked just off of scouting reports until I saw his game cut ups on YT and came away a little less impressed. I think Fangio/Donatell could do wonders with him though. Ideal fit for a team that runs a lot of Cover 3.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    From a completely selfish Broncos perspective I am going to be more then a little frustrated tonight as I watch all those "great players" get selected by other teams.

But overall excited about the possibilities of the players available with the Broncos selecting 4 of the next 60 picks. Should be some great players in there. Maybe not the high profile ones I want but some contributors. Pick wisely Mr Elway!
    Just like every year, a ton of fantastic talent will be found on Day 2. Thereís a ton of players available at various positions we need and could seek an upgrade at. 4 picks at our disposal, Iím excited to see what Elway does.

I have been pretty open about wanting trench players,

Have Thought about it overnight, and see that we now have a potentially great slot/2nd WR to compliment Sutton.

That makes Sutton better too, which makes everything better for our new QB.

So as long as we don't have a flop of a player in Jeudy, I can now see it as a good pick.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

I know that we can not judge a draft until years later. Lets park that though and have some fun. I'll begin with the multi player first round teams.

I think Miami either had a great day, or possibly a poor one. When you have 3 firsts, you need to make good decisions, because odds are you have them for other than good football. I've seen other wise, but again, odds are.

If Tua becomes a good NFL QB, and Jackson and the CB (sorry, have to look up the spelling) become decent starters, it was a very good day. If Tua is not what they hope him to be, and the other two were reaches, even though that's subjective at this point, they will have set themselves back for years.

The Raider had 2 picks, and Ruggs met their needs, but they seemed to have reached with their CB.

But The Vikes had a really good day from my estimation.....Jefferson, Gladney and a 4th and a 5th via trade. Maybe the best day of any team.

San Fran went hard, given they do not have another pick til round 5. Kinlaw is one of the best DTs, but I thought they had a really good Dline? I guess they want to keep it that way. But I do like Aiyuk, who will make for a very flashy tandem with Deebo...along with Kittle.

The Chargers traded up for their 2nd pick, but I think they scored very well. Herbert will be the true difference in grades, because young QBs are often a question mark. But he might be good. But Murray will add to what is fast becoming an outstanding D...Bosa, Ingram, James, and more!

As for The Jags....pretty good day too. Henderson and Chaisson will give added strength to their D.

Think that's it re; multi choice teams, day one.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I have been pretty open about wanting trench players,

Have Thought about it overnight, and see that we now have a potentially great slot/2nd WR to compliment Sutton.

That makes Sutton better too, which makes everything better for our new QB.

So as long as we don't have a flop of a player in Jeudy, I can now see it as a good pick.
    I think it will more so be Sutton complimenting Jeudy going forward.

Gave you Lock first months before draft, then Fant, Risner. Jeudy in first round days ago. Now, Broncos thinking Josh Jones, Kristian Fulton or Cameron Dantzler, Lloyd Cushenberry, Logan Wilson. Probably make deal to move up.

From Woody paige

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I think it will more so be Sutton complimenting Jeudy going forward.
    I find this unlikely

Josh Jones would be great value in second. Had him ranked ahead of Austin Jackson. Broncos need CB. Bryce Hall in mix. Dantzler intriguing as well. LBs Logan Wilson, Braun. And centers Cushenberry, Matt Hennessy on radar #Denver7 #Broncos

From Troy renck

Love me some Bryce Hall

I would be thrilled to see any of the players mentioned by Renck and Paige. But the Broncos only have one 2nd rd pick.

Leads to a hypothetical question of quality vs quantity I was discussing earlier: Would you give trade all four picks today for two picks in the 30s.?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I know that we can not judge a draft until years later. Lets park that though and have some fun. I'll begin with the multi player first round teams.

I think Miami either had a great day, or possibly a poor one. When you have 3 firsts, you need to make good decisions, because odds are you have them for other than good football. I've seen other wise, but again, odds are.

If Tua becomes a good NFL QB, and Jackson and the CB (sorry, have to look up the spelling) become decent starters, it was a very good day. If Tua is not what they hope him to be, and the other two were reaches, even though that's subjective at this point, they will have set themselves back for years.

The Raider had 2 picks, and Ruggs met their needs, but they seemed to have reached with their CB.

But The Vikes had a really good day from my estimation.....Jefferson, Gladney and a 4th and a 5th via trade. Maybe the best day of any team.

San Fran went hard, given they do not have another pick til round 5. Kinlaw is one of the best DTs, but I thought they had a really good Dline? I guess they want to keep it that way. But I do like Aiyuk, who will make for a very flashy tandem with Deebo...along with Kittle.

The Chargers traded up for their 2nd pick, but I think they scored very well. Herbert will be the true difference in grades, because young QBs are often a question mark. But he might be good. But Murray will add to what is fast becoming an outstanding D...Bosa, Ingram, James, and more!

As for The Jags....pretty good day too. Henderson and Chaisson will give added strength to their D.

Think that's it re; multi choice teams, day one.
    Good topic!! yes I agree but like the idea

I do not think Miami or the Raiders had a good night. I am pretty happy about the Raiders draft.

I give Miami credit for no flinching on Tua but they reached on Jackson and "the CB". I think there are still betters players at both positions on the board.

Did the ghost of Al Davis really come back? I think Ruggs was the 3rd or 4th WR not only IMO but on most draft experts so that feels like a reach. Arnet just seems like a bad choice, but time will tell. I am pretty happy they didn't do better.

I agree with you on the Minnesota draft. Very strong. I like what the Jags did. While CJ Henderson may have been a bit early he was clearly the second best CB.

Love the value we got as well as the Cowboys (even if it wasn't their biggest need). Love Simmons to the Cardinals.

Sadly, I think the RB the Chiefs picked is perfect for their system and scares me. Makes that offense even stronger. Not the best overall RB but great fit for that offense.... Dangit!!!!

I was also shocked to see so few trades in the first half of the night.