Page 13 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

Trade up for Jeudy please.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Letís play along with this trade up to #10 rumor. For the sake of discussion, letís say the trade up was solely to secure a WR (with all of them available in this scenario). Which receiver are you guys taking?

I feel like Jeudy is similar to Sutton so we don't need two of the same...we need someone that can take the top off the mutha so I'm all in for snatching Ruggs if we trade up to 10 or if he falls to us at 15.

I just want a speed guy to go opposite of Sutton.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I feel like Jeudy is similar to Sutton so we don't need two of the same...we need someone that can take the top off the mutha so I'm all in for snatching Ruggs if we trade up to 10 or if he falls to us at 15.

I just want a speed guy to go opposite of Sutton.
    People (Benjamin Allbright) keep saying that, but it's not really an important thing. Look at the greatest offense in NFL history, you had Demaryius Thomas, fast but not a "take the top off" fast player. Decker, who ran a 4.54 yet still got open deep quite a few times. And Wes Welker, who ran a 4.65 and never went deep, but was so shifty in and out of his routes and was always open.

Get as many weapons as you can and that will change the way the defense defends against you more than having a player "take the top off" all of the time. Because if you have a player consistently running go routes, you won't see teams playing cover 1 against you, instead they'll just play cover 2, cover 2 man, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6. All of which covers deep and gives you decent coverage underneath.

Now I'm not against drafting Ruggs, I'll be perfectly happy if they do, but I wouldn't pick him just to take the top off, I'd be doing so because I expect him to get open on all routes at all different levels of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    People (Benjamin Allbright) keep saying that, but it's not really an important thing. Look at the greatest offense in NFL history, you had Demaryius Thomas, fast but not a "take the top off" fast player. Decker, who ran a 4.54 yet still got open deep quite a few times. And Wes Welker, who ran a 4.65 and never went deep, but was so shifty in and out of his routes and was always open.

Get as many weapons as you can and that will change the way the defense defends against you more than having a player "take the top off" all of the time. Because if you have a player consistently running go routes, you won't see teams playing cover 1 against you, instead they'll just play cover 2, cover 2 man, cover 3, cover 4 or cover 6. All of which covers deep and gives you decent coverage underneath.

Now I'm not against drafting Ruggs, I'll be perfectly happy if they do, but I wouldn't pick him just to take the top off, I'd be doing so because I expect him to get open on all routes at all different levels of the defense.
    They also had Peyton Manning as the QB. Also that player will not always be running go routes, but defenses will need to defend like they always will.

There you go TEACHING again! LOL!!!

I guess I should have phrased it as wanting Ruggs because he has the 'speed/ability/threat' to take the top off at any time.

But like you said, I don't want him solely just for running go routes, I want him to be able to run all routes but having the threat of his speed keeping defenses on their heels.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 04-16-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They also had Peyton Manning as the QB. Also that player will not always be running go routes, but defenses will need to defend like they always will.
    Not really. The only way you get defences worried about that player on go routes is if he's consistently beating them on go routes. There are too many fast players in the NFL that don't get double covered because they don't have a complete game.

Tyreek Hill for example, is much more than a go route runner. He commands double teams because he can run a full route tree and get open on every single route, not just because of his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    There you go TEACHING again! LOL!!!

I guess I should have phrased it as wanting Ruggs because he has the 'speed/ability/threat' to take the top off at any time.

But like you said, I don't want him solely just for running go routes, I want him to be able to run all routes but having the threat of his speed keeping defenses on their heels.

And that's fair. My response wasn't directed as much at you as my anger at seeing Allbright continuously say it without adding any context. Ted Ginn had as much speed as anyone, but he's a poor receiver so he didn't change defensive coverage. Deandre Hopkins isn't a fast player, but he 100% changes defences.

I'd be happy with Ruggs, but personally I'd most want Jeudy. He's a high skilled route runner and can get in and out of his breaks without losing much speed. He's so good at his throw move (slight push off) that he destroyed a DB in practice by using a fake throw move.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comment...udy_using_the/

I think any of the top 4 receivers (I include Jefferson) improve the offense significantly though.

And that's fair. My response wasn't directed as much at you as my anger at seeing Allbright continuously say it without adding any context. Ted Ginn had as much speed as anyone, but he's a poor receiver so he didn't change defensive coverage. Deandre Hopkins isn't a fast player, but he 100% changes defences.

I'd be happy with Ruggs, but personally I'd most want Jeudy. He's a high skilled route runner and can get in and out of his breaks without losing much speed. He's so good at his throw move (slight push off) that he destroyed a DB in practice by using a fake throw move.

I think any of the top 4 receivers (I include Jefferson) improve the offense significantly though.
    That video was naaaaaasty. I don't recommend clicking that link if you want to see Jeudy commit a gruesome crime on a DB. His incredibly nuanced route running and change of direction skills are so advanced and elite already.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Trade up for Jeudy please.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    That video was naaaaaasty. I don't recommend clicking that link if you want to see Jeudy commit a gruesome crime on a DB. His incredibly nuanced route running and change of direction skills are so advanced and elite already.
    I just imagine the DB having practiced against him all year, knowing exactly what he was going to do, seeing him breakdown, feeling the hand, turning to be in perfect position and then....

where'd he go?

I just imagine the DB having practiced against him all year, knowing exactly what he was going to do, seeing him breakdown, feeling the hand, turning to be in perfect position and then....

where'd he go?
    That's all Jeudy and having the football IQ and prowess to pull that off. And what's even more impressive is that #7 in the video who got absolutely faked out of the screen is none other than potential 1st round pick Trevon Diggs. Jeudy is taking a top CB prospect to school in practice. Incredible.

If we trade up and I hear, "With the 10th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select... Jerry Jeudy, wide receiver, Alabama," I would be so happy.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Not really. The only way you get defences worried about that player on go routes is if he's consistently beating them on go routes. There are too many fast players in the NFL that don't get double covered because they don't have a complete game.

Tyreek Hill for example, is much more than a go route runner. He commands double teams because he can run a full route tree and get open on every single route, not just because of his speed.
    Well then I have great news for you, Ruggs is one if not the most versatile route runner in the class. So he's much more than a "go" route runner.

Allbright has provided a ton of context about the subject though :headscratch:

Allbright has provided a ton of context about the subject though :headscratch:
    Not when he continues to say "take the top off the D" because just having a fast guy doesn't open things up the way he's pretending it does.

Well then I have great news for you, Ruggs is one if not the most versatile route runner in the class. So he's much more than a "go" route runner.

His route running is nowhere near as advanced as Jeudy, who's considered to have elite NFL route skills right now. I hope Ruggs is as advanced as people believe.