X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armedequation
    cafe official sidekick
    • Aug 2005

it seems like the closer we get to the draft, the more trade possibilities seem to be popping up in general.

i did the following mock
    1) jeudy wr
    2) queen ilb
    3)peart ot
    3)hall cb
    3)claypool wr
    4) biadasz* c
    4)kindley g
    5)olonilua rb
    6)muse s
    7)chris williamson cb
    7) roderigo blankenship k

*traded royce for the 4th round pick to get biadasz

lacking in interior d line and edge but i like the way it fell. doubt queen falls that far but id take it in a heartbeat. taking some picks based on guys you guys brought up like olonilua and blankenship. muse and williamson seem like good motor guys with coverage skills but i dont know much about them.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Alaskajoe
      Bench Warmer
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      it seems like the closer we get to the draft, the more trade possibilities seem to be popping up in general.

i did the following mock
      1) jeudy wr
      2) queen ilb
      3)peart ot
      3)hall cb
      3)claypool wr
      4) biadasz* c
      4)kindley g
      5)olonilua rb
      6)muse s
      7)chris williamson cb
      7) roderigo blankenship k

*traded royce for the 4th round pick to get biadasz

lacking in interior d line and edge but i like the way it fell. doubt queen falls that far but id take it in a heartbeat. taking some picks based on guys you guys brought up like olonilua and blankenship. muse and williamson seem like good motor guys with coverage skills but i dont know much about them.
      AND THE SEAS PARTED....

Love it if it went this way. Id take Akers over Claypool but hey...nitpicking!
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

I like a lot of the mocks I've seen on this MB. I think many have roughly the same positional requirements, and often with similar round designation.

There are of course differences in the players in those positions, and I don't know about you, but I prefer we get the positions right first, and then hope that we get the guys we like next. Now IF a stud falls to us at any selection point, I am not going to whine too much, even if it is not the position I wanted with that selection.

But I am quite open to some flexibility....For example, if we go WR with our first pick, I would not drop my head and take my ball home if we did not acquire the one I prefer. I like Lamb, but sure, Jeudy or Ruggs. All good!

Comment

• armedequation
          cafe official sidekick
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I like a lot of the mocks I've seen on this MB. I think many have roughly the same positional requirements, and often with similar round designation.

There are of course differences in the players in those positions, and I don't know about you, but I prefer we get the positions right first, and then hope that we get the guys we like next. Now IF a stud falls to us at any selection point, I am not going to whine too much, even if it is not the position I wanted with that selection.

But I am quite open to some flexibility....For example, if we go WR with our first pick, I would not drop my head and take my ball home if we did not acquire the one I prefer. I like Lamb, but sure, Jeudy or Ruggs. All good!
          its really hard to tell how the first round will play out...seems like theres more teams out there that would benefit from a multitude of players. like the jets..do they go o line or wr? do the lions go with okudah or simmons?
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

its really hard to tell how the first round will play out...seems like theres more teams out there that would benefit from a multitude of players. like the jets..do they go o line or wr? do the lions go with okudah or simmons?
            Agreed....I find that we get narrow in what we expect to happen because many of the mock folks have similar expectations. But what GMs do when it's time to select does not always go "as expected". Then again, mocks mean nothing in the end. Actual selections turn mocks into dust. Mocks remind me of the stock market....a projection of how things will be at a future point. But when you get to that future point (in this case, The Draft), the mocks and the markets could be quite different than reality.

Comment

• armedequation
              cafe official sidekick
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Agreed....I find that we get narrow in what we expect to happen because many of the mock folks have similar expectations. But what GMs do when it's time to select does not always go "as expected". Then again, mocks mean nothing in the end. Actual selections turn mocks into dust. Mocks remind me of the stock market....a projection of how things will be at a future point. But when you get to that future point (in this case, The Draft), the mocks and the markets could be quite different than reality.
              can you imagine what would happen if say cincy trades back with miami? may that makes certain teams trade up for qbs leaving us with still more choices at 15....
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• sgriffeth78
                Bench Warmer
                • Sep 2006

My latest mock which includes not one but two ILB’s....what??!!

15. Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama
                46. Lloyd Cushenberry C LSU
                77. Logan Wilson ILB Wyoming
                83. Damon Arnette CB Ohio St
                95. Joe Bachie ILB Michigan St
                118. Joshua Kelley RB UCLA
                178. Colton McKivitz OT WVU
                181. Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas
                252. Jalen Elliott S Notre Dame
                254. John *****ini DT Utah

Comment

• FR Tim
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jul 2013

I see many of us are looking at C early. As we should be.

But is that how Elway and the coaches see it? Have to wonder if they envision Glasgow as the C and they draft a RG.

Thinking of a beast of a man like S. Kindly out of Georgia specifically. Big, athletic, great work ethic and character. A Risner, Glasgow, Kindly trio could open some holes for the RBs that in turn opens up passing opportunities.

Looks like he , Hunt, maybe Lemieux would be solid 2nd/3rd rd prospects. Do you think Munchak/ Shurmur thinking this way?

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                    Captain
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

But is that how Elway and the coaches see it? Have to wonder if they envision Glasgow as the C and they draft a RG.

Thinking of a beast of a man like S. Kindly out of Georgia specifically. Big, athletic, great work ethic and character. A Risner, Glasgow, Kindly trio could open some holes for the RBs that in turn opens up passing opportunities.

Looks like he , Hunt, maybe Lemieux would be solid 2nd/3rd rd prospects. Do you think Munchak/ Shurmur thinking this way?
                    Last year the FOs combine visit list pretty much mirrored the position groups we drafted. This year WR, OL, DE, and RB were the big ones. Followed by chatter of us visiting with Hennessy and Ruiz, I think OC is the way we are leaning. I think we are trying to get an OC to pair with Lock long-term. Glasgows versatility comes into place if we miss out on our top OC prospects and go guard.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                      Football Immortal
                      • Dec 2012

It's very possible that, when all is said and done, Morris will be the starting center for Denver.
                      A couple of months ago Troy Renck said... "McGovern had a solid season, but I would not be surprised if the Broncos draw a firm line with him, given how much they like prospect Patrick Morris." Now with the Broncos not really trying hard to re-sign McGovern, maybe they like what they now have in Morris? He was claimed off waivers from Pittsburgh in December and was with Pittsburgh when Muchack was the OL coach. Morris did step in for Risner when he missed some time with a flu, less than 3 weeks with the Broncos.
                      I imagine that the Broncos will also draft a C but it might not be considered a high priority.
                      sigpic

Comment

• armedequation
                        cafe official sidekick
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

ruiz draft stock seems to be rising. was thinking hed be somewhere around the 3rd but ive been seeing him high 2nd/late first

id absolutely love to get kindley, biadasz and peart.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                          Captain
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          It's very possible that, when all is said and done, Morris will be the starting center for Denver.
                          A couple of months ago Troy Renck said... "McGovern had a solid season, but I would not be surprised if the Broncos draw a firm line with him, given how much they like prospect Patrick Morris." Now with the Broncos not really trying hard to re-sign McGovern, maybe they like what they now have in Morris? He was claimed off waivers from Pittsburgh in December and was with Pittsburgh when Muchack was the OL coach. Morris did step in for Risner when he missed some time with a flu, less than 3 weeks with the Broncos.
                          I imagine that the Broncos will also draft a C but it might not be considered a high priority.
                          It's a very real possibility, having prospects like that make the draft easier. Munchak can definitely develop OL, however on the same note his OLs are led by so top tier high drafted players. Morris and Glasgow allow us to draft the BPA, if that's an OC then we take them, if not we have fall backs.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

ruiz draft stock seems to be rising. was thinking hed be somewhere around the 3rd but ive been seeing him high 2nd/late first

id absolutely love to get kindley, biadasz and peart.
                            Ya he comes from a good system, intelligent, and is the youngest OL in draft. He has tons of potential so I'm not shocked. I'd take him in the 2nd, and even consider moving up for him in that range.

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                              Captain
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
                              My latest mock which includes not one but two ILB’s....what??!!

15. Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama
                              46. Lloyd Cushenberry C LSU
                              77. Logan Wilson ILB Wyoming
                              83. Damon Arnette CB Ohio St
                              95. Joe Bachie ILB Michigan St
                              118. Joshua Kelley RB UCLA
                              178. Colton McKivitz OT WVU
                              181. Hakeem Adeniji OT Kansas
                              252. Jalen Elliott S Notre Dame
                              254. John *****ini DT Utah
                              I see Logan Wilson, and I'm already happy.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

can you imagine what would happen if say cincy trades back with miami? may that makes certain teams trade up for qbs leaving us with still more choices at 15....
                                I love when there's a big wrench thrown into the mix!! Suddenly almost everything changes, though some teams will stay true to their guy. But for a team that has options, and there's a major change, there can be an instant new possibility that never was, unless they paid a big price via trade.

So yeah, give me a little shake up, when we least expect it!! Could benefit us.

Comment

Working...
                                X