Page 8 of 174 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Give me a break. I've watched Ruggs. He can't hold a candle to Jeudy's route running ability. I don't dislike Ruggs but the thought that some people have them as their WR 1 and "dream target" at 15 is ridiculous.
    Jeudy is the top route runner technique wise, however Ruggs is a good route runner. On top of that our WR coaches and WR room, have proven they can have WRs make great strides in their route running abilities. In terms of actual route trees though, Ruggs has a vast route tree and compared to other WRs in the class is way ahead.

I agree that Jeudy is a more complete route runner. And Lamb is a more complete WR. We all have our details we prefer and are biased towards. No issue with that.

All of the top WRs (or any position) are bunched together with each being a bit better at on aspect or another. It is the nature of the speculations.

What I find interesting is some that continue to advocate for a later WR because of the “deep class” but tend to downplay that 2nd or 3rd rd “almost as good” players flaws.

There is a reason they are not considered a top 5-7 WR. Usually the flaws are not as fast, not as big, tendency to drop balls, poor route running, injury prone, etc. Those flaws also make them role players instead as of impact starters.

Same principle applies to coveted OTs, CBs, or LBs. We all have our preferences but at least be fair in our appraisals of similar talent or those that drop off significantly and are just not “just as good” .

Hell, I do it too. I prefer a WR at #15 and tend to downplay the importance of a CB , LB or Dlineman potentially available there. Accepting that one chosen later will be "almost as good".. When in reality, they are not. I just am more forgiving of the flaws
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-09-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Just some things to ponder.

With the addition of Jurrell Casey, if we add Kinlaw, wed have the best interior pass rush in the league. We already have DreMont Jones but Kinlaw and Casey would be like Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins on the same D-line .

With Drew Lock passing to Courtland Sutton, Noah fant, Melvin Gordon and perhaps Henry Ruggs, wed have KC like offensive fire power.

With AJ Bouye, Justin Simmons, K-Jack and adding CJ Henderson, wed have a no fly zone like secondary. Perhaps strong enough to slow the Chiefs.

We are right there, that close in these categories so now I ask, which is the most important area to add first round talent and who should we target?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

With the addition of Jurrell Casey, if we add Kinlaw, we’d have the best interior pass rush in the league. We already have Dre’Mont Jones but Kinlaw and Casey would be like Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins on the same D-line .

With Drew Lock passing to Courtland Sutton, Noah fant, Melvin Gordon and perhaps Henry Ruggs, we’d have KC like offensive fire power.

With AJ Bouye, Justin Simmons, K-Jack and adding CJ Henderson, we’d have a no fly zone like secondary. Perhaps strong enough to slow the Chiefs.

We are right there, that close in these categories so now I ask, which is the most important area to add first round talent and who should we target?!
    Good question!

In this scenario, I'd go WR, because we need to score more points.

If we could trade back a little, I think we could find 3 players that would strengthen all 3 aspects of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good question!

In this scenario, I'd go WR, because we need to score more points.

If we could trade back a little, I think we could find 3 players that would strengthen all 3 aspects of our game.
    Id like to trade back a few spots and hopefully grab Henderson and then Mims or Jefferson high in the second.

Or grab Ruggs and hope Trevon Diggs is there in the mid second, but like Ive been saying, Denver has all these picks with only so many roster spots.

Id be so disappointed if Elway didnt take advantage of all these extra picks. He could trade down I. The first and move up in the second or 3rd.

If done right, he could add a lot of talent and needs at the same time!

With the addition of Jurrell Casey, if we add Kinlaw, wed have the best interior pass rush in the league. We already have DreMont Jones but Kinlaw and Casey would be like Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins on the same D-line .

With Drew Lock passing to Courtland Sutton, Noah fant, Melvin Gordon and perhaps Henry Ruggs, wed have KC like offensive fire power.

With AJ Bouye, Justin Simmons, K-Jack and adding CJ Henderson, wed have a no fly zone like secondary. Perhaps strong enough to slow the Chiefs.

I've felt for a while that Kinlaw will remain an option at #15. If the top 3 WR, as well as, the top OT's the Broncos like, are gone, and, if we don't trade down, I believe Kinlaw and Justin Jefferson will probably be the two finalists for that pick. I don't think that CB will come into play in the first round.

There's been talks about us trading up, but, I think it's more likely we'll stay at #15 and trade up either into the end of the first round or top of the second round. It would cost less but allow us to grab some of the top talent at our target positions.

Id like to trade back a few spots and hopefully grab Henderson and then Mims or Jefferson high in the second.

Or grab Ruggs and hope Trevon Diggs is there in the mid second, but like Ive been saying, Denver has all these picks with only so many roster spots.

Id be so disappointed if Elway didnt take advantage of all these extra picks. He could trade down I. The first and move up in the second or 3rd.

If done right, he could add a lot of talent and needs at the same time!
    My goal would be to first find a trade down partner or two, and then see if we could land Jefferson with our first pick (and I think he will go no later than the early 20s), then ramp up in rounds two and three. The trade back would likely gain us 200-300 points, which is low 2nd or high 3rd round. We would end up with 1 second and 4 3rds at worst, maybe 2 and 3. Either way, if we made one trade up from there, we could end up with 2 or even 3 2nds! And still have at least 1 3rd.

So picture that....Jefferson, who some rank in the top 3 WRs, plus possibly 3 2nds and 1 3rd. That combo of picks can take care of CB/OL/DT/ILB, and all good caliber. I would be very excited about that prospect. And we would still have selections beyond, that could also be used to trade or stay put with.

My goal would be to first find a trade down partner or two, and then see if we could land Jefferson with our first pick (and I think he will go no later than the early 20s), then ramp up in rounds two and three. The trade back would likely gain us 200-300 points, which is low 2nd or high 3rd round. We would end up with 1 second and 4 3rds at worst, maybe 2 and 3. Either way, if we made one trade up from there, we could end up with 2 or even 3 2nds! And still have at least 1 3rd.

So picture that....Jefferson, who some rank in the top 3 WRs, plus possibly 3 2nds and 1 3rd. That combo of picks can take care of CB/OL/DT/ILB, and all good caliber. I would be very excited about that prospect. And we would still have selections beyond, that could also be used to trade or stay put with.
    I like this scenario but throw some names at me of who you think we could pick up with the pics that you mention.

Javon Kinlaw is in fact a beast, he makes Brandon Williams look like a power puff girl!

I dont care what anyone says, hed have to play Nose!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-10-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Javon Kinlaw is in fact a beast, he makes Brandon Williams look like a power puff girl!

I dont care what anyone says, hed have to play Nose!

Sign me up for your proposal of Jefferson, 3 2nds and a 3rd!

Just a bit skeptical about getting there as you propose. Starts with your initial trade down with Jefferson. Broncos may have to use #15 to draft him.

He has been moving up most mocks and evaluations. IMO no later then Eagles at #21. Potentially sooner. And others may be trying to trade into those spots to get him too.

Still a great idea to take him at #15 (or other topWR) and manage to have 2 2nds and a 3rd to work with. Although I am more inclined to keep the 6 picks in the Top 118 and let the draft fall as it may.

So impatient to see how the FO actually manages it.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Sign me up for your proposal of Jefferson, 3 2nds and a 3rd!

Just a bit skeptical about getting there as you propose. Starts with your initial “trade down” with Jefferson. Broncos may have to use #15 to draft him.

He has been moving up most mocks and evaluations. IMO no later then Eagles at #21. Potentially sooner. And others may be trying to trade into those spots to get him too.

Still a great idea to take him at #15 (or other topWR) and manage to have 2 2nds and a 3rd to work with. Although I am more inclined to keep the 6 picks in the Top 118 and let the draft fall as it may.

No doubt, it's a bit hinged on luck and skill, in terms of trade partners and Jefferson still being there. But I feel like some things are trending the same way, including the top 3 WRs going by mid first round, and Jefferson being possibly the next in line. We would need to trade back, but not too far back, cuz he's gone! Say it was 20 as an example....that's 400 value points. And that equates to just past mid second round. If that was a reality, imagine Jefferson and a mid 2nd???? Too good to be true!

And then we find a trade partner and move up, because we have 2 2nds and 3 rds. We could possibly shrink that by one, to move back up and land a 3rd 2nd for the price of 2 3rds, or even a better deal!!!

I would have go a bit giddy if that ever happened!!

^^^"I would go a bit giddy.." (typo!)

No doubt, it's a bit hinged on luck and skill, in terms of trade partners and Jefferson still being there. But I feel like some things are trending the same way, including the top 3 WRs going by mid first round, and Jefferson being possibly the next in line. We would need to trade back, but not too far back, cuz he's gone! Say it was 20 as an example....that's 400 value points. And that equates to just past mid second round. If that was a reality, imagine Jefferson and a mid 2nd???? Too good to be true!

And then we find a trade partner and move up, because we have 2 2nds and 3 rds. We could possibly shrink that by one, to move back up and land a 3rd 2nd for the price of 2 3rds, or even a better deal!!!

I would have go a bit giddy if that ever happened!!
    Where do you get a value of 400? Maybe I am missing a chart? It looks like moving down to 20 is worth just 200 with Jax and Jax's 2nd rounder is #42 worth much more than 200. It looks to me like the most likely trade partner is Min at #22 because they have a comparable value in the 2nd round at #58 which is relatively late but still has value for the Broncos to do, IMO. In order to stay with the value chart the Broncos would actually have to throw in their 4th too but ... I imagine if Min was interested enough in the 15 pick they might do it just for the 2nd rounder or actually the Bronco's 1st? Or maybe next years 4th? The most likely partner to trade 2 3rds is the Rams and it doesn't look like they have a motivation from need? Or maybe Phi?
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 04-10-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Used wrong round from the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    This is going to feel like the longest two weeks of my life.