Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My favorite player since 2012. I will always be a fan of CHJ and will be sad to see him go. At the same time, I think he deserves to get paid and wish him the best if he's going to start next season somewhere else. He will always be one of my favorite Broncos. It still kills me that every time I say CHJ is my favorite player or I wear my #25 jersey, people ask me who is that? Maybe somewhere else, people will learn his name.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

All the best, I thought you would stick around for another run at the big game.

let him go. he gonna get over paided. it is better to let a player go a year early then a year late. and his speed has been dropping. he is still very technically sound, but i have this feeling he may have to make a move to Safety to keep his playing career alive. his speed is obviously dropping off and he is on the wrong side of 30. he has been one of my favorites while he was here. but this is probably for the better of both the player and the team. let him go make Number cb or around 13-15 m to be an elite slot CB we can spend out money better. he is defintely losing a step on the outside

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

CHJ has likely lost the chance at the RoF he would have had if he had left more gracefully or quietly.

I've gotten a little sick of CHJ's insistance that he's been "disrespected" and that he did us a favor in 2014 by taking some sort of discount.

He made $12.1m in 2014, the 5th most of all CBs in the league. This is after him having only played one year as the full-time #2 CB, one year as the full-time #3, and one year as a #3/#4/STs rookie. Discount, my... he was absolutely compensated fairly. If anything, he was overpaid and the fact that he turned down an offer from us averaging over $12m a year, after seeing a decline in his play quality for several years, only speaks as a testament to his maintained arrogance.

I do not think he will find what he us looking for, financially, in free agency. I see a deal close to what we offered him, 2 or 3 years and 11 to 13 million per. I do not foresee him being worth that going forward. Best of luck, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Tom Brady flails his arms, Peyton flailed his arms, even during the SB year they did it. You see something that's not there if you see a lack of discipline.

CHJ was asked questions by the media and gave honest answers. He never threw a single player under the bus. The 13 weeks things was overblown, revisionist history will make it look like how you want, but that's not what he meant.

CHJ just wants market value, he felt Denver's offer was low. What was the guaranteed money? If this is the last long contract, did he see us as a contender? There were more factors to it than you are making it seem.

CHJ hasn't done anything to hurt his rep, he was the best CB we've had since champ one of it not the best CBs in the league. I bet CHJ plays very well next year, and he's earned the right to FA.
    The hoops you are jumping through.. amazing. I don't think you are looking at the situation(s) clearly if you see parallels between Manning's demeanor and CHJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've gotten a little sick of CHJ's insistance that he's been "disrespected" and that he did us a favor in 2014 by taking some sort of discount.

He made $12.1m in 2014, the 5th most of all CBs in the league. This is after him having only played one year as the full-time #2 CB, one year as the full-time #3, and one year as a #3/#4/STs rookie. Discount, my... he was absolutely compensated fairly. If anything, he was overpaid and the fact that he turned down an offer from us averaging over $12m a year, after seeing a decline in his play quality for several years, only speaks as a testament to his maintained arrogance.

I do not think he will find what he us looking for, financially, in free agency. I see a deal close to what we offered him, 2 or 3 years and 11 to 13 million per. I do not foresee him being worth that going forward. Best of luck, Chris.
    So if that was the 5th highest paid that season; where did he rank in 2015 when he was paid 1M? He was paid 7M in 2016... Using the figure for 2014 does not tell the whole story of the deal he took then. He actually was paid ~7.8M per year average over the 6 years + the 2.25M he got this last season. I think that probably was a bargain.
    Overall I agree with you that the Broncos offer of 13M per year was a fair offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    According to DraftKings only nine cornerbacks are currently set to make $13 mil in 2020. Based on the valuation it seems like Chad Jensen’s report on the Broncos offer sounds realistic.
    Money can be looked at in a few different ways when talking about the NFL. I prefer to look at cap hit because that also includes money paid in the past like signing bonus and other things.

11 CBs currently have a cap hit higher than 13 mil in 2020.4 of them have a 15 mil cap hit and 1 has a 18 mil cap hit. EVERY year contracts go up for CBs so we can bet that list will be even richer come this time next week.

IMO CHJr could find a team that will pay him more than what the Broncos offered him. After more thought IMO that is not what he is going to do. I get the feeling the going to that playoffs is important to CHJr and is one of the main beefs...if not THE main beef...he has with the Broncos. I think he will sign a deal about the same as what the Broncos offered....maybe even slightly less...to be with a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    This makes me sad. All these other guys are decent, but CHJ has been one of the best DB's and Broncos of the past decade. I'll never get used to this wash-rinse NFL. I hate seeing our star guys just shown the door in such a manner. It's not like he was some hired gun. He grew to what he is now with us.
    It is tough to see long time Broncos walk. It has been part of the NFL for decades now but it still sucks.

CHJr gave us good years and the Broncos not only gave him good team to grown on but also kicked up his money last year.

Some fans have expressed their dislike of CHJr but I think the Broncos franchise has spoken with actions how much they liked CHJr being part of the team. It is just the business of the NFL and salary cap.

I can not fault the Broncos for wanting to be smart with their money and I can not fault CHJr for doing what is in his best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    So if that was the 5th highest paid that season; where did he rank in 2015 when he was paid 1M? He was paid 7M in 2016... Using the figure for 2014 does not tell the whole story of the deal he took then. He actually was paid ~7.8M per year average over the 6 years + the 2.25M he got this last season. I think that probably was a bargain.
    Overall I agree with you that the Broncos offer of 13M per year was a fair offer.
    Almost all of the big contracts have a big signing bonus, followed by smaller early season salaries. That's why they do yearly averages when they announce contracts, because there's so much up and down in those deals. The bigger part of it is that he played through the entire contract, and had every dollar guaranteed by doing so. Most of the "highest paid" players don't get that, their 5 year contracts become 2 year contracts.

Mr. Blame and Complain has left the building, almost. Harris isn't as good as he thinks he is, his constant blaming of everyone else on the field wore thin with me, and I am glad he is going. I didn't want Elway to give him any extra dollars this past season, but what is done is done. Chris thinks way higher of himself than he should, and I think he may be in for a shock expecting anything significantly more than the Broncos reportedly offered him during the season. Thanks Chris, bye Chris.

Ding Dong! The ...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Almost all of the big contracts have a big signing bonus, followed by smaller early season salaries. That's why they do yearly averages when they announce contracts, because there's so much up and down in those deals. The bigger part of it is that he played through the entire contract, and had every dollar guaranteed by doing so. Most of the "highest paid" players don't get that, their 5 year contracts become 2 year contracts.
    To this point two good numbers to look at are...

Cap hit - this number includes previously paid money like signing bonus. IMO this is the most accurate reflection as to what a player is costing the team.

Dead cap hit - If a player can earn a large salary but releasing them incurs no dead cap, or a small dead cap hit, than the club is highly tempted to release that player. It is why Butler mentioned that some long term contracts may be trimmed by year(s).

I am still learning NFL player contracts but after years of looking at these kinds of things I can see a contract and know that it may say 6 or 7 years but that players better be playing at an All Pro level later on or they will be released. Even if they playing at a very high level if the team has gotten into cap trouble the player may still be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    CHJ has likely lost the chance at the RoF he would have had if he had left more gracefully or quietly.
    Unless CHJr did the CB move to Safety and all the sudden turned into a huge player maker turnover machine (which I do not see happening) he would have not made the RoF anyways.

More simply to the point...he would not have made the RoF as a CB no matter what imo.

Champ
    Lynch
    Atwater
    Smith
    Wright
    Thompson
    Gonsoulin

Nah I just can not see Harris on that list even IF he played at his peak level for another couple of years.

Really like the player and guy but need to be real about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Money can be looked at in a few different ways when talking about the NFL. I prefer to look at cap hit because that also includes money paid in the past like signing bonus and other things.

11 CBs currently have a cap hit higher than 13 mil in 2020.4 of them have a 15 mil cap hit and 1 has a 18 mil cap hit. EVERY year contracts go up for CBs so we can bet that list will be even richer come this time next week.

IMO CHJr could find a team that will pay him more than what the Broncos offered him. After more thought IMO that is not what he is going to do. I get the feeling the going to that playoffs is important to CHJr and is one of the main beefs...if not THE main beef...he has with the Broncos. I think he will sign a deal about the same as what the Broncos offered....maybe even slightly less...to be with a playoff team.
    Since April last year CHJ’s comments have been about money, not about getting to a playoff team. Remember his quote, “Pay me or trade me”? He’s looking for the best possible contract because this will be his last multi-year contract. Besides, who’s to say the Broncos won’t make the playoffs? Every year we see turnover with teams making the playoffs. There were reports last year of his agent asking for a four year deal at $15 million per with a high percentage guaranteed. He’ll get a decent deal but not what he believes.