Campbell traded to Ravens

Jaguars DE Calais Campbell traded to Ravens for 5th rd pick per Rap. What a steal. Sad he didnít come home.

Yeah, itís a good pickup for Baltimore because they have a nice window for a Super Bowl run. A 5th rounder for a 33 year old Calais Campbell (who is still playing at a high level) is good value.

Beat me to it!.

Good to see some action out there. Jags are unloading. Ravens are definitely not!

His cap hit is 15M and the Jaguars have very little cap space, they needed to move that cap hit. I think if the Broncos were in a similar situation as the Ravens are in - likely SB contenders - than maybe it could have made since to make that trade considering it might be a missing piece they need to get to the SB? The Broncos are not likely to be SB contenders in 2020 and Campbell is at the end of his career at 34 years old, he is a year to year player now.

Great move for the Ravens. Reports were that Bouye wanted to go to Denver....maybe Cambell wanted to go to the Ravens.

As much as it would have been nice to have Calais, I'm not bummed in the least. We're in the process of a rebuild with a young QB. We're likely not going to spend big on older players.

They are working on a extension for a 2 year 27m for Cambell.