Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Just when I think you couldn’t get any stupider, you go and do something like this...... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Elway, you magnificent SOB!
    TOTALLY? As in for all time going forward from Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Somebody tell me how many 7th round picks we have left while I grab some popcorn and look at Houston's roster.
    Two this year and two next year, I believe.

Now if we can just resign Parks and get Anderson/Perriman Iíll be ecstatic

Well this is a nice start to today. Hopefully if another steal is out there we can be in the running for it. I have to give Elway some credit, I was not happy with him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Now if we can just resign Parks and get Anderson/Perriman Iíll be ecstatic
    With the money we have already invested I hope we donít sign Anderson. 1-2 year deal for Perriman and draft a WR with one of our first 5 picks

Another reason this was a very good move. Shelby Harris was likely gone no matter what. Had the Broncos signed, for example DJ Reader, that contract likely would have offset Shelby's contract in the compensatory pick formula. Now, it is more likely the Broncos will get a compensatory pick for losing Harris - likely better than a 7th. This is a very much a BB/New England type move.

Great way to go out and fill the hole when they didn't get Reader. This is a solid football move - this class of FA/Trades is looking really good.Casey in Flacco's money makes a lot of sense. Need to still find LB and CB help and OL, RB, and WR help. Of course a couple of those can be filled with draft picks, but this is a deep veteran team with a smart young QB that can seriously make a run. This is our time before our QB position makes 30+ million.

Similar to the Bouye trade. Now we just need someone to sign our guys so we get the comp picks.

I think this rules out Pierce, but keeps Wolfe returning in the fold.

Wolfe
    Pennell
    Resign Purcell
    Kevin Johnson/Amukamara
    Remmers
    Gordon

That would round out a very nice FA period

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Two this year and two next year, I believe.
    I wonder what JE would have to package w/Flacco to move him?

I wonder what JE would have to package w/Flacco to move him?
    Don't you think he'll be released in June?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Don't you think he'll be released in June?
    I'm seeing reports that he's likely gone by week's end. Rumors, anyway.

NFL.com

Denver sought to fill the hole on the defensive line with several incumbents hitting free agency. They did so in a big way by adding a five-time Pro Bowler.

Casey is a game wrecker in the middle who can move bodies and collapse the pocket. Despite destroying opponents week after week, the 30-year-old remained underrated on a national level. Casey compiled at least five sacks each of the past seven seasons.

Despite teams game-planning to slow the massive man, Casey always seemed to be in the middle of the scrum stuffing the run and crumbling pockets. AFC South opponents who knew him best won't be sad to see him out of the division.

It's a huge get for Denver. Pairing Casey with Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and others will be a boatload for offensive lines to handle.

The move amounted to a salary dump for Tennessee, who quietly had been open to offers for the defensive lineman, per Rapoport. The move also indicates the Titans are ready for Jeffery Simmons to take on a bigger role in his second season. Simmons was a force for Tennessee once hitting the field after recovering from an ACL tear. The Titans are counting on a larger leap from the first-round pick in 2020.

Casey is set to earn $11.85 million in base salary in 2020, $5.45 million of which becomes guaranteed this weekend. He is under contract through 2022.

The Broncos taking on that contract for a seventh-round pick is a big score for Denver.

John Elway making the move to upgrade the defense by taking on a big salary will bring an end to the Joe Flacco question in Denver. Rapoport reports his situation should be resolved soon. The Broncos didn't intend to bring the veteran back, riding second-year quarterback Drew Lock into the 2020 season.

I'm seeing reports that he's likely gone by week's end. Rumors, anyway.
    With a post June 1st designation I would think