Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1202
    I would actually try and Bring D.Wolfe back. Derrick actually had his best year statistically under Coach Fangio. I believe that he had 7 or 8 sacks the most ever in a Year for him. Derrick has actually stated that he loves playing for Vic Fangio so why not bring him back on another 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    7 sacks the most ever in a Year for him
    In 12 games, too. The injury was unfortunate. Even if he doesn't return to the Broncos, the DE spots are in good stead with Casey and Harris as the starters, and Jones and Walker being used in rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I still think there's a chance we re-sign Shelby Harris for a decent contract for both sides. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest for him through the first wave of FA, he's probably asking for too much. Imagine a line with Chubb, Casey, Purcell, Harris, Walker / Jones.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    IMO, we should never draft a DL with the expectation they come out big in year one. This is a one year contract because Shelby wants to earn a bigger contract next year.

This signing would not affect my draft strategy one bit. Any DL that is drafted is being groomed for the future.
    I have studied this before, and it was clear that DTs for example, take at least 2-3 years to become competitive, as average. Unlike most other positions. So I never want to go DT early, unless they are named Aaron Donald.....

I would also consider going early if we had no holes/needs. But we have needs. Maybe draft a couple beginning in round 3. Go big on WR/Oliner/CB/ILB earlier if possible. Heck, even Edge, because we are not deep enough.

ok, kudos.

Lol he still looks ridiculous!

Anyway nice call, but you still forgot to ad Von Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I have studied this before, and it was clear that DTs for example, take at least 2-3 years to become competitive, as average. Unlike most other positions. So I never want to go DT early, unless they are named Aaron Donald.....

I would also consider going early if we had no holes/needs. But we have needs. Maybe draft a couple beginning in round 3. Go big on WR/Oliner/CB/ILB earlier if possible. Heck, even Edge, because we are not deep enough.
    Alot of positions take a year or 2 to adjust to the nfl and how much quicker every one is not to mention just bigger. Most people in the nfl are bigger and faster then the players you run across in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Iím still a bit stunned that Harris was re-signed for so little. Saw multiple ďmarket valueĒ speculations of $10m or more. Iím thrilled!

Harris adds a solid dilineman even on a one year contract. Now if only Elway can convince Wolfe to return on the same.
    Here's an interesting graph that could show why Harris and Wolfe got so little interest in the open market:

Basically they're solid, but not great. I think we got a bit of a steal on Harris, but maybe his actual value is closer to 5m per year?

These moves point towards us taking a WR in the first three rounds. It is becoming clear as day. If Denver doesnít trade up for one of the Top 3 WRs, I expect them to either sit at #15 and take a falling OT, or trade down a little bit in the 1st and take either Denzel Mims or Justin Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    These moves point towards us taking a WR in the first three rounds. It is becoming clear as day. If Denver doesnít trade up for one of the Top 3 WRs, I expect them to either sit at #15 and take a falling OT, or trade down a little bit in the 1st and take either Denzel Mims or Justin Jefferson.
    There is a chance that a top 3 we will be there at 15

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Iím pretty confident of this happening and it would not not me one bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Here's an interesting graph that could show why Harris and Wolfe got so little interest in the open market:

Basically they're solid, but not great. I think we got a bit of a steal on Harris, but maybe his actual value is closer to 5m per year?
    I think some in the media believed Harris might command $10 million per year. The challenge for Harris was the depth of his resume. He didnít play a lot his first couple of seasons and he was out of the league 4-5 months going into his third year. He was very fortunate to sign with the Broncos and made the most of the last two years. If he builds on last season I think heíll command a much better contract. Signing him to a one year contract is a win-win for Harris and the Broncos.

Derek Wolfe to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Derek Wolfe to Baltimore
    Good move for them after the brockers deal fell through. He will be a good replacement for Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    There is a chance that a top 3 we will be there at 15
    That would be a dream scenario that I would be very happy with. Out of curiosity, where do you think certain players in the top 15 have to go for one of the top 3 WRs to be available at our spot?