Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Who is the second olineman? Glasgow and ?

Or are you counting James? Did I miss a signing?

So far the team has made lateral moves. Possibly slightly better fits to systems run but nothing significant. No holes in the roster have been filled or no upgraded.

Broncos better just from injury returns. Hopefully Chubb, James and Callahan all return and contribute?

I’ve been advocating that Wolfe and S. Harris should be re-signed, cracks me up that so many are now “ settling” on their returns. Hopefully those bridges aren’t burnt down by Elways ambivalence.

Team needs to be adding upgraded talent. Not lateral moves and relying on bargain deals or rookies to be difference makers this season.
    Ya counting James, he is a piece that we did not have last year. Who knows what injuries will happen between now and then, but think James has to be considered a "new" starter on the OL.

I only count the net sum, CHJ and Parks out, Bouye and Callahan in. Did we improve? We will see, but for me the point coming out of FA is to break even and then improve through the draft and player development. Right now DL is the huge area we need bodies in, maybe a trade and couple value signings. Still a couple guys I like.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    EOOOOO EEEOOOOO EOOO were signing QB JEFF DRISKEL!

Someone go get the popcorn ready before schefter makes an official announcement!

JOHN you’re such a boss wheeling and dealing!!!

If Lock happens to go down, never fear John brought Driskel up in here.

Forget drafting a back up like Jalen Hurts!
    Well. We can get annoyed...or we can start scrambling for Jeff Driskel highlights because we have no idea who the heck this guy is:

So I'm looking at Youtube videos and reading articles about this Driskel kid. Looks better than Allen. More mobile, better on the run, sees the field better, also appears to be able to make all the throws. Seems to be an upgrade at QB#2. Not a terribly exciting FA move but probably a positive one.

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN: Cowboys are not picking up OT Cam Fleming's option year, per source. Veteran tackle with starter's experience will be a free agent. https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/stat...30107747696641

Potential Swing Tackle or big bag of crap?

Why are we hearing about Schlotman competing for the starting position?

Because he’s JOHNs un drafted signing not “ours”.

Just like the underachieving Bolles, Sambralio, Garcia, Schofield. Even Heuerman! He’s johns pick not ours, that is why.

All throughout the season we heard them and everyone in the football media basically say “they can’t replace Bolles because they don’t have anyone to replace him with”!

Ok so why aren’t they looking for a replacement now?

We all know that almost any offensive linemen not drafted by John Elway would be better than Bolles including Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson.

Geez what the heck was John Elways strategy there? To go out and find somebody even worse than his ridiculous free agent signings?

Well he outdid himself there when he drafted Garrett Bolles, with even a lunatic like Alfred Williams protesting the possible pick at the time.

As of right now, John hasn’t done a thing except for moderately improving two positions. MODERATELY.

Is Graham better than Leary? Yes but not by a very big margin though.

Is Aj Bouye is better than CHJ? Yes but not by a very big margin!

Is this team a better team than this time last week?

Hell no

We are now Minus Shelby harris, Chris Harris Jr, Derek Wolfe, Will Parks, Andy Janovich.

Elway had the opportunity to put his flag in the sand and make a strong enough effort to make a stand on the upcoming season.

Once again he displays the same ignorant strategy that brought us and the franchise 3 straight losing seasons and once again the majority in here is ignorantly backing that ridiculous strategy...

Denver now needs a back up safety, a third cornerback, a starting center, two offensive tackles, an entire defensive line, atleast two more linebackers, (inside and outside) a number 2 and 3 WR, and a much better running back room.

I’m not saying go out spend it all on DJ Reader or Joe Schobert but dang it go out there and sign players. You just mentioned a bunch of players, sure but what the hell is your lazy hero doing?

We all darn well know that only 4, (maybe 4) of his 11 draft picks will actually make the team...

I thought we were supposed to be getting better not moving backwards!

Also once he Re-signs Wolfe, we’re going to stupidly hear, “Wolfe was my guy all along”...
    Posts like these are why 99% of us left this site. Such whiney teen girl "the sky is falling" reactions. Free agency hasn't even started yet. But look at the browns. They win the free agency championship every year....we need to sign more players like they do. :thumbsdown:

Gerald McCoy just agreed to sign with the Cowboys. It’s clear John has no legitimate plan and everyone else is signing guys left abd right and all around us.

How the heck did Joe Eliss and John Elway the executive ever happen to this franchise? It was such a great franchise!
    If this board could elect a drama queen.....you would get the crown

Gerald McCoy just agreed to sign with the Cowboys. It’s clear John has no legitimate plan and everyone else is signing guys left abd right and all around us.

How the heck did Joe Eliss and John Elway the executive ever happen to this franchise? It was such a great franchise!
    McCoy is also a below average run defender and has never played in a scheme even similar to ours. But go off.

Also, you noted all of the players we “lost” such as Wolfe, Shelby, and Parks, but they are not signed... if you’re going to mention them as gone then wait till we take players from other teams before you throw a temper tantrum...

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If this board could elect a drama queen.....you would get the crown
    Unanimous.

Since it appears we won’t be making anymore big moves... here’s to hoping we kill it in the draft with those 13 picks 🍻🍻

Not to pick sides when it comes to the sky is falling crowd and everyone else, but our last championship was won in free agency aside from Miller. Manning, Talib, Ward, Ware....

Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Not to pick sides when it comes to the sky is falling crowd and everyone else, but our last championship was won in free agency aside from Miller. Manning, Talib, Ward, Ware....
    FA helped big time but let’s not act like miller, Jackson, Wolfe, CHJ, CJ, DT and a few others didn’t play a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Since it appears we won’t be making anymore big moves... here’s to hoping we kill it in the draft with those 13 picks 🍻🍻
    13? I thought we had 11

I understand being critical of the team, when it is due. If you're this soul-crushingly disappointed with how free agency has gone, I have to wonder what exactly you expected. Getting the best avaliable interior lineman was never a guarantee, and it appened. That alone makes free agency a massive success as we head into the draft.

The success of the 2020 Broncos was always hinging on our young players', specifically Lock's, development. We are not just a few pieces away, in a short SB window where we would shell out every avaliable penny, wheeling and dealing to get as much free agent talent as possible. We are very much in the drafting and developing stage. Everyone with a slight amount of common sense knew this free agency was about finding a starting RG, starting CB, and depth. We've acquired the two starters we absolutely needed, the rest is gravy.

With another draft like 2018/2019, producing 2+ instant above average starters, we stand to be a playoff team this year and open a major window of competitiveness for the next few.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Ya counting James, he is a piece that we did not have last year. Who knows what injuries will happen between now and then, but think James has to be considered a "new" starter on the OL.

I only count the net sum, CHJ and Parks out, Bouye and Callahan in. Did we improve? We will see, but for me the point coming out of FA is to break even and then improve through the draft and player development. Right now DL is the huge area we need bodies in, maybe a trade and couple value signings. Still a couple guys I like.
    Tend to agree with your reasoning. The return of injured players has to considered just not sure how much confidence I have in them until they prove themselves. In theory, James and Callahan should be intriguing contributors.

But the “lose one , add one” strategy does not add talent to a team needing talent. IMO that is the frustrations many are feeling. I know I am. Adding a couple KEY free agent upgrades goes a long to improve a mid level roster. Relying on value free agents, player development and the occasional UDFA impact player has gotten the Broncos right where they are. Middle of the pack.

And contrary to some comments, free agency has started. Players and teams agreeing to terms is just as relevant as the actual signings. Quality players are being removed from the list of available players and the Broncos are not participating.

Would the same posters defending the current FA complacency be as forgiving if the Broncos passed on the first round of the draft? The second? Would they maintain the same calm about the “value” picks in later rounds? Following a strategy of “who needs a first or second rd pick, give me a couple fourth rounders”

I agree this is a recurring negative commentary about free agency. But so is the annual losing season and end of season complaining about roster quality and depth. See a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    13? I thought we had 11
    I thought we had 12 and got a7th for jano. Either way 10+ picks