Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    Can't see them moving Lindsey. He is still a valuable player.

As for Gordon, not loving the contract or fumble history. His value and impact will come down to his ability to be that RB some want to remember instead of the RB he was last year. He turns it around it was genius, he provides Freeman like numbers and it will be the D+ rated move.

So CAP GURU question.... how much left in the budget. Can they still afford a Dlineman (Wolfe or Harris), a olineman (likely swing OT) and an inexpensive starting CB? Because those are the pressing needs that need to be filled to avoid panic drafting in April.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I would hope not because at this point in their careers Lindsay >> Gordon. That's why this move doesn't make sense to me.
    Gordons excellent pass catching ability but hopefully lindsey improves there now that Schmur is in town. Hes got to in order to be factor with this team going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Gordons excellent pass catching ability but hopefully lindsey improves there now that Schmur is in town. Hes got to in order to be factor with this team going forward!
    On paper they compliment each other as Gordon is great out of the backfield. Hoping for the best but feel we overpaid. Really want him to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    A player who averaged 4.8 yards per carry against 8+ man boxes, scored 47 touchdowns in 4 years and is known as a good pass catcher out of the backfield, for an OC who loves to use his RBs to catch the ball is a black mark? That seems a little much.

I don't love the deal, but I don't hate it either. Not sure how anyone can feel so strongly about it?
    Deal seems a bit spendy to me, but I do agree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    A player who averaged 4.8 yards per carry against 8+ man boxes, scored 47 touchdowns in 4 years and is known as a good pass catcher out of the backfield, for an OC who loves to use his RBs to catch the ball is a black mark? That seems a little much.

I don't love the deal, but I don't hate it either. Not sure how anyone can feel so strongly about it?
    Right- I actually see it as a pretty logical pairing now that its done. Our redzone run game was pretty weak. Gordon is good at those tough short yardage situations.

The contract numbers aren't ideal for us, but its a two year deal. I'm looking forward to see him work his way in.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    On paper they compliment each other as Gordon is great out of the backfield. Hoping for the best but feel we overpaid. Really want him to succeed.
    Maybe but id rather over pay for Gordon than Gurley at this point, or brady. Geez we all know hes going to tampa just to hang out on the golf course.

Seriously though, over paying is the reality of the NFL. it stinks but we've got to pay it just like every other team except LA who took on Diva CHJ.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Can't see them moving Lindsey. He is still a valuable player.

As for Gordon, not loving the contract or fumble history. His value and impact will come down to his ability to be that RB some want to remember instead of the RB he was last year. He turns it around it was genius, he provides Freeman like numbers and it will be the D+ rated move.

So CAP GURU question.... how much left in the budget. Can they still afford a Dlineman (Wolfe or Harris), a olineman (likely swing OT) and an inexpensive starting CB? Because those are the pressing needs that need to be filled to avoid panic drafting in April.
    I may not be a CAP GURU but... there is no numbers on the structure of Glasgow's contract; I imagine that it has a lower cap hit than the 11M average, probably ~7-8M cap hit the 1st year. That would leave ~26M in cap space. If you take 8M off for Gordon it would be ~18-19M left. In reality that is only ~10M because the rookies will be ~9M. Justin Simmons could still be signed to a long-er term contract that probably would have a cap hit of ~8M in the first year... that could give an extra 3.5M.
    So, yes there enough to still sign Wolfe and maybe Parks depending on how much and how they get structured.

Potentially, Gordon's contract could be structured to have a lower cap hit than 8M but its only a 2 year deal so not much to play with... maybe 2M?

Yeah, after a few offseasons of “value” and whiffing on potent impact players, I’m just happy to see some aggression.

Emmanuel Sanders a Saint.

2 yr / $16M

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders a Saint.

2 yr / $16M
    they finally get a legit wr opposite of Thomas

Heard earlier on the drive late night per Klis that’s guys like Robbie Anderson and Prince Amukamara are holding out for better offers.

He says eventually they’ll come around to accepting their market value but they may have burned some bridges.

I don’t know exactly who he is talking about with that last part but it’ll be exciting and all remains to be seen.

However I’m guessing any team that does not get their wide receiver or cornerback of choice after the draft, you’ll see these guys market value go up if they’re still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I may not be a CAP GURU but... there is no numbers on the structure of Glasgow's contract; I imagine that it has a lower cap hit than the 11M average, probably ~7-8M cap hit the 1st year. That would leave ~26M in cap space. If you take 8M off for Gordon it would be ~18-19M left. In reality that is only ~10M because the rookies will be ~9M. Justin Simmons could still be signed to a long-er term contract that probably would have a cap hit of ~8M in the first year... that could give an extra 3.5M.
    So, yes there enough to still sign Wolfe and maybe Parks depending on how much and how they get structured.

Potentially, Gordon's contract could be structured to have a lower cap hit than 8M but its only a 2 year deal so not much to play with... maybe 2M?
    According to OTC
    The broncos have after paying Gordon 26.1 mill in cap

The raiders and chargers 27 mill

And the chiefs are 15 mill over the cap 😂

I'd like to inquire on Robby Anderson, try and get him to a similar deal as Melvin. 2y 20m would be good for both parties.

Broncos re-sign CB De'Vante Bausby to a one year deal.

Other guys I would like to see

Wolfe
    Pennell
    Logan Ryan
    Amukamara (if no Ryan)
    Roby-Coleman(3rd option)
    Will Parks