• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

Originally posted by myoung View Post
    I love this strategy although I would say Jeudy or Jefferson. I am not the biggest Ruggs fan. He just disappeared in too many games for my liking. I will not be disappointed if we grab him but I would rather trade back 5 slots or so, pick up another third, and take Jefferson before I took Ruggs. If Jeudy is not on the board at 15 I would try to trade back a bit.

I understand the concerns about Mims, but I am not as down on him as you are. By all accounts he actually ran those routes at the combine and Senior Bowl week. I don't see him NOT being able to do it on tape. I see him running the routes that limited offense asked him to run. I do see some pop is his game, which I like. Nothing like Hamler or Ruggs though, in terms of pop.

that being said I understand the concern.

I also really like Cleveland. Love him in the second or would not be disappointed to move up a bit to get him. I am also a huge fan of Lucas Niang. Some are calling him lethargic (reminds me of the Orlando Brown situation a couple of years ago) but he doesn't give up penalties or sacks. If Cleveland is not there I would rather take Niang a little later than take someone like Austin Jackson.
    i would generally agree another mid round tackle prospect that interests me is Prince Tega Wanogho. his physical traits are top notch and you could hardly tell that he is realitively new to football. i think he may end up having the highest upside of any one else in this draft. even if his pass protection technique is kinda meh and his run blocking technique is down right poor. his upside looks huge when i watch him. he has all the traits you want from a starting OT.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• myoung
      Captain
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      i would generally agree another mid round tackle prospect that interests me is Prince Tega Wanogho. his physical traits are top notch and you could hardly tell that he is realitively new to football. i think he may end up having the highest upside of any one else in this draft. even if his pass protection technique is kinda meh and his run blocking technique is down right poor. his upside looks huge when i watch him. he has all the traits you want from a starting OT.
      Totally agree. I would not be surprised or disappointed if we picked Wanogho. If we go that route I think it means sticking with Bolles for another year while he gets groomed. Which I could certainly live with to check out his upside.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
        Football Immortal
        • May 2010

My biggest worry with this draft is that jones could go higher then expect and Cleveland may go at the end of the first expecially if we see the top 5 tackles gone by the end of the top 20 which is a real possibility. I feel like this draft is setting up to have some really talented people available in the third or fourth with defense cause how strong the qb wr and ot position are on top this draft.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

• MHSalute
          Ring of Famer
          • Feb 2011

I feel next years OT class is on par or better than this year, so if we miss on OT early, not a big deal. I would expect 1 or 2 development guys to be drafted. Maybe a 2rd and a later pick. With Bolles and James penciled in, we may be able to afford developing guys this year and avoid spending a high pick on the position.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• myoung
            Captain
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
            I feel next years OT class is on par or better than this year, so if we miss on OT early, not a big deal. I would expect 1 or 2 development guys to be drafted. Maybe a 2rd and a later pick. With Bolles and James penciled in, we may be able to afford developing guys this year and avoid spending a high pick on the position.
            I don't disagree with you on next year. Sewell is obviously a stud and better than anyone in this draft (and by far IMO). I think Leatherwood, Cosmi, Little, and Mays could all end up being round 1 type of guys as well. So we could be talking about 5 guys going in round one.

I think the question is how do you feel about the urgency of our situation today. We know this draft is loaded, we think next year's might be as well, but not sure about that yet. Also, hope to not be picking very high next year. Personally I don't trust Bolles and James for the full year and don't want to go another year with the guys we have. Or run the risk we are plugging someone in because James is injured again or Bolles shouldn't be on the field. I think Bolles ended the year better than he started but I don't want another year where Elway is openly questioning whether they guy even knows how to play football.

I think we should be drafting someone that we think can be the long term solution at OT. I don't think that has to be first round, could be a guy we pick in round 2 or 3 and groom them to take Bolles spot but I would be disappointed if we didn't do something in our first 5 picks.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Washington trades a 5th for Kyle Allen, reuniting with Rivera.

The pats release Stephen Gostkowski

Dion Lewis signing for one year with The Giants

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                Football Immortal
                • May 2010

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                i don't know i haven't really looked at it i do it year by year. i think we need to be looking to add alot of OTs to our team
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

• listopencil
                  Revenant
                  • Aug 2003

i don't know i haven't really looked at it i do it year by year. i think we need to be looking to add alot of OTs to our team
                  Right. Not just because it has been a position of weakness in a group that has not performed well but also because we have a premier coach for the unit right now. This is a good time to be planning to add as much young talent as is reasonable.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                    Football Immortal
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                    Right. Not just because it has been a position of weakness in a group that has not performed well but also because we have a premier coach for the unit right now. This is a good time to be planning to add as much young talent as is reasonable.
                    i also think having a good o-line is key to winning a super bowl, and io miss having a line you could put any RB behind and he gets good yardage. not to mention the challenge it creates for a qb having to run around and not having a ton of time. i feel like having a bad line is the number 1 thing that can cause a QB to regress and not develop the way he should
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

• Sam_Z
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2004

Jeremiah Attachou re signed

Comment

• dgobronco
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2010

i also think having a good o-line is key to winning a super bowl, and io miss having a line you could put any RB behind and he gets good yardage. not to mention the challenge it creates for a qb having to run around and not having a ton of time. i feel like having a bad line is the number 1 thing that can cause a QB to regress and not develop the way he should
                        Totally agree with this. With Bolles and James under contract though, I don't think we'll solve the problem fully this season. I hope we draft an OT, but it's likely to be a developmental pick (especially if we go WR in the first) and sit behind Bolles/James as depth for this season. Bummer, but we have enough holes on the team that it will take 2 offseasons to build to a championship level. I think we're still going to see uneven play from the oline this year. Hopefully not bad enough to set Lock back.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                          Super Moderator
                          • Dec 2008

QB is just as, if not more, important than a good o-line. A QB that can move or get the ball off quickly improves the line. If Lock is as good as we hope a middle of the road o-line will be good enough.

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Jeremiah Attachou re signed
                            I think that's great news because it provides depth at OLB. Hear it's a one year deal.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Sam_Z
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2004

It was just mentioned that Graham Glasgow has won 93 percent of his pass protection match ups as an NFL guard.

Of course at guard, you have help on both sides of you however I thought it worth mentioning.

Does anyone know what Garrett Bolles pass block protection is?

Is it any coincidence that the man wears number 72 which happens to be his win percent in pass blocking which is really not that bad!
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-23-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                QB is just as, if not more, important than a good o-line. A QB that can move or get the ball off quickly improves the line. If Lock is as good as we hope a middle of the road o-line will be good enough.
                                a better oline will always improve a QB play. it is a team game and i think QB and o-line is important expecially for a young QB
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X