Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    I hope in no way shape or form that Simmons falls to the Raiders draft slot.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thx for the question....I had read LB for Carl Nassib, who is actually a DE. My mistake. But so far - Littleton, Kwiatkowski, Nassib and CB Apple. Plus they added Mariota, which could turn out to be a good move if they can get him back on track, and Witten, for leadership/reliability.

Good haul, given they needed D, including LBs...and WRs, who they can easily find in the draft.
    I liked Nassib in his draft class but he has not panned out ... he has not started all 16 games in a season yet the last 2 seasons his stats are below average. I see that he is actually considered a DE/LB by some, only started in half the games last season for TB; Raiders will be his 3rd team in 5 seasons; he did have 6 sacks in 2019. I hope it doesn't work out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Lots of speculation, and much more to come in terms of FA, but besides Arizona kicking butt for Hopkins, and The Raiders acquiring 3 LBs and a CB, Miami taking care of their many gaps, and Tampa finding a QB, Baltimore might be the story.....a strong team going in, already adding Campbell and Brockers, to an already solid D! On paper, they should be the team to beat this season, though KC did (obviously) earn their right to be up there too.
    Not so sure I like the Dolphins moves. Byron Jones was good but Flowers and Lawson for 10 million per year each? Ogbah for 7.5? Even the Van Noy deal. I guess you can argue he brings a winning toughness but that was a pretty big contract for someone his age and relative performance level.

I agree the Raiders have done some good things and I like the Baltimore moves. While Campbell is on the downside of his career he was very productive last year and it is a short contract

I think none of it compares to the Hopkins deal. That is the story IMO both positive and negative

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Not so sure I like the Dolphins moves. Byron Jones was good but Flowers and Lawson for 10 million per year each? Ogbah for 7.5? Even the Van Noy deal. I guess you can argue he brings a winning toughness but that was a pretty big contract for someone his age and relative performance level.

I agree the Raiders have done some good things and I like the Baltimore moves. While Campbell is on the downside of his career he was very productive last year and it is a short contract

I think none of it compares to the Hopkins deal. That is the story IMO both positive and negative
    As for Miami, the one thing I get from last year and so far this year, is that they are rebuilding with some effort. Lots of good draft picks await. I believe they have 14, including:
    3 1sts
    2 2nds
    1 3rd
    1 4th
    3 5ths
    1 6th
    3 7ths

If I got this correct, that's a haul! Different team. And if they find their QB, I like their chances long term. I am not crazy about each FA signing, but they did take a stab at filling holes.

The reason I give Baltimore credit is that they did not stand pat, and chose to give their team even more talent on D. This might be a push to win it all this season. The Ravens have been smart for many years, and even though their guy - Ozzie, is no longer the GM, I wonder if he doesn't consult a little.

And I do agree, the Hopkins "heist" was amazingly good for a potential up and coming team in Arizona, and amazingly pathetic for a Houston team that is turning the corner....in the wrong direction. I wonder what Watson is thinking these days??? I don't see him being as productive minus DeAndre. Heck he was struggling near the end of the season....with him.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-19-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Rumor has it that Melvin Gordon might be going to Bills...heard in The Fan. Some Buffalo beat writer said that there are mutual interest between Gordonís reps and Bills reps.

Todd Gurley just became available. Atlanta figures to be the front runners, but we may as well kick the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Todd Gurley just became available. Atlanta figures to be the front runners, but we may as well kick the tires.
    That would be a very nice compliment to Lindsay

How quickly his stardom has slid away. Sad to me, given how great a player he was, just a year or so ago.

Itís worth the call, at a reasonable price at a short term deal he may be worth the injury concerns. Would not break the bank for him with those knees

Clay Matthews is now available!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Like Clay but I think he's on the downside.

Todd Gurley would be amazing get but itís not likely Denver signs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iím a fan of Clay but heís on downside of this career not sure how much gas he has left in the tank.

Get a young RB in the draft to compliment Lindsay. Gurley's best days are behind him and he would be an absolute waste of money.