Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1202
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I think that's great news because it provides depth at OLB. Hear it's a one year deal.
    We havenít been lucky enough to find back ups like Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray in the last couple seasons but youíre right itís a very good signing for depth.

Just putting it out there, not directed at you Sam but anyone who thinks otherwise, Malik Reed is nowhere near Shaq Barretts level! However between Hollins, Attachou and Reed hopefully we have good depth behind Miller and Chubb.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-23-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    We havenít been lucky enough to find back ups like Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray in the last couple seasons but youíre right itís a very good signing for depth.

Just putting it out there, not directed at you Sam but anyone who thinks otherwise, Malik Reed is nowhere near Shaq Barretts level! However between Hollins, Attachou and Reed hopefully we have good depth behind Miller and Chubb.
    My take, too. Reed and Hollins played well for rookies, and Attaochu was a pleasant and much needed surprise. I would call Denver's OLB depth quality.
    Last edited by samparnell; 03-23-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post

I think we should be drafting someone that we think can be the long term solution at OT. I don't think that has to be first round, could be a guy we pick in round 2 or 3 and groom them to take Bolles spot but I would be disappointed if we didn't do something in our first 5 picks.

I think first 4 of 5 first picks is something most of us agree on, for the most part OT is on everyone's list by the 3rd round. Last year I think we nabbed 4 starters with our first 4 picks, just hoping for 3 with our 1st 5 and we will be in fantastic shape!
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Concerning reed
    You donít know that for sure
    Consider Shaq averaged 2.8 sacks per year for his first five years...14 sacks in 61 games

For a raw rookie being thrust into a starting role he did well
    Give him a couple years to learn the nfl game and he could be a serviceable backup

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Concerning reed
    You don’t know that for sure
    Consider Shaq averaged 2.8 sacks per year for his first five years...14 sacks in 61 games

For a raw rookie being thrust into a starting role he did well
    Give him a couple years to learn the nfl game and he could be a serviceable backup
    I guess I should've yet but at the moment he aint there, never said he couldn't get there but hes not on Barrets level yet. I also wouldn't put that kind of pressure on him though, hes his own type of player with a much different skill set.

Barrett wasn't the Barrett we saw last year right away. He admitted the time spent with Ware and Von made him better. Reed has the same build and appears to have the same drive... Why can't he be the same guy???

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Barrett wasn't the Barrett we saw last year right away. He admitted the time spent with Ware and Von made him better. Reed has the same build and appears to have the same drive... Why can't he be the same guy???
    Reed got dat speed

How much faith do you guys think Munchak has in Patrick Morris as our starting center next season?

I think Glasgow was brought in to play RG, unless Munchak wants to start Wilkinson there (then Glasgow would be the centeró although he is a better guard than he is a center).

Could Matt Hennessy be a contender for our 2nd round pick? Or maybe Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    How much faith do you guys think Munchak has in Patrick Morris as our starting center next season?

I think Glasgow was brought in to play RG, unless Munchak wants to start Wilkinson there (then Glasgow would be the centeró although he is a better guard than he is a center).

Could Matt Hennessy be a contender for our 2nd round pick? Or maybe Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd?
    Honestly, I don't know right now. They could be sending smoke about Glasgow being a RG. If they eye him as an OC, they could be targeting OGs or OTs to initially kick inside. We have a lot of versatile OL on the interior, so we can move things around.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Ideally Morris, Schlottmann, Wilkinson and Rodgers (if he makes the team) would provide good depth from whom an inside starter could be found. Still need at least one more T and maybe another O-Lineman. What happens in the Draft will give hints about what Munchak thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Barrett wasn't the Barrett we saw last year ever when he wore Orange and Blue.

Not even close.

Shaq never looked like anything special here. His most sacks was 4 in a season and Reed is a rookie but you have to love his jump as a pass rusher.

Maybe already noted somewhere, but Newton is going to be available. Not sure which team will take the risk. Would he be able to handle a backup job? My take on Cam....when he was playing good ball, he was allowed to be a bit louder so to speak. But as a backup, perhaps, which teams want his type of personality? Health is a factor too.

That's why some guys have backup jobs for many years, because though they are not good enough to be starters, they play team ball, and they respect their role.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Maybe already noted somewhere, but Newton is going to be available. Not sure which team will take the risk. Would he be able to handle a backup job? My take on Cam....when he was playing good ball, he was allowed to be a bit louder so to speak. But as a backup, perhaps, which teams want his type of personality? Health is a factor too.

That's why some guys have backup jobs for many years, because though they are not good enough to be starters, they play team ball, and they respect their role.
    Newton being available may test the Chargersí commitment to Tyrod Taylor.

Canít imagine Newton falling from grace so far to be a content backup. Maybe Iím wrong.

The Chargers are in a tough place marketing wise. Newton is the QB that will make headlines and sell jerseys. Taylor is the one that arguably wins you the most games.

Any word on Derek Wolfe? Last I read the Pats were interested in him...