Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1202
    I still think there's a chance we re-sign Shelby Harris for a decent contract for both sides. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest for him through the first wave of FA, he's probably asking for too much. Imagine a line with Chubb, Casey, Purcell, Harris, Walker / Jones.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I still think there's a chance we re-sign Shelby Harris for a decent contract for both sides. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest for him through the first wave of FA, he's probably asking for too much. Imagine a line with Chubb, Casey, Purcell, Harris, Walker / Jones.
    I would super dig it

Do you think he wants to play backup to Casey?
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Do you think he wants to play backup to Casey?
    Shelby Harris could line up next to Casey because Fangio often uses a nickel package with two defensive lineman and two edge rushers on the outside. So Casey and Harris would play besides each other on pass-rushing downs. I just donít think Harris would want to be the first guy rotated out for Purcell in run defense packages. And I would like to see Denver develop DreíMont Jones and get him plenty of game reps so bringing back Harris could hurt his growth as a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Barrett wasn't the Barrett we saw last year right away. He admitted the time spent with Ware and Von made him better. Reed has the same build and appears to have the same drive... Why can't he be the same guy???
    Barrett 6/3 Reed is 6/0 different builds but Reed is in and Elvis Dumervil type build minus the arm length. I praised him throughout training camp last season saying he reminded me of Elvis but he still doesn't have the talent that Elvis had. Hes not as quick with that first step. He is fast but Elvis and Shaq had the moves to get around the corner. Im not saying reed cant get better but at this point in time I just see a different type of talent that isn't on the level of Shaq or Elvis. Im not sure Reed becomes anything more than Dekota Watson at this point.

Did Chubb move to the inside or you mainly speaking of a 4-3 base? Meaning Chubb is now a DE? Sorry Ive gotta give you crap for mentioning Chubb but not Von!

Right now our only D-linemen are Purcell and Jurell Casey, whos the other DE? Jones? perhaps but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this guy really needs to beef up.

Who our are backups because these D-linemen will have to rotate in and out. Right now as it stands all we have is
    D-Walker as a back up to all three. Rather than going big on Shelby Harris who in realtiy didn't have as a year as D-Wolfe (who missed games due to injury) would be somewhat detrimental.

Even with injury, Id rather lure Wolfe back in and draft a couple of guys because at least then, we save some money and have a better player. He may not be as healthy but that is why we draft a DE somewhat high and rotate Wolfe more often.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-25-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Barrett 6/3 Reed is 6/0 different builds but Reed is in and Elvis Dumervil type build minus the arm length. I praised him throughout training camp last season saying he reminded me of Elvis but he still doesn't have the talent that Elvis had. Hes not as quick with that first step. He is fast but Elvis and Shaq had the moves to get around the corner. Im not saying reed cant get better but at this point in time I just see a different type of talent that isn't on the level of Shaq or Elvis. Im not sure Reed becomes anything more than Dekota Watson at this point.
    i mean what player expecially undrafted FA has alot of pass rush moves as a rookie. alot of people develop those through there first few years in the nfl.

i also disagree with you about his first step. he has a really good first step and good speed around the edge. he just needs to work on moves.

i also don't get this comparison of REed to Barrett. they are different players at different points in there career. Reed is futher ahead where Barrett was a rookie. taking Barret played 16 games on the ps his rookie year. while read made the top 53.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-25-2020 at 12:58 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i mean what player expecially undrafted FA has alot of pass rush moves as a rookie. alot of people develop those through there first few years in the nfl.
    Omg I'm saying he's not the same type of player. I don't see him as the same type of player!

Is that offensive to you? Is it an insult? I never said he wasn't good. Geez what a friggin world where everyone lives to become offended.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-25-2020 at 01:02 PM.

i also disagree with you about his first step. he has a really good first step and good speed around the edge. he just needs to work on moves.

i also don't get this comparison of REed to Barrett. they are different players at different points in there career. Reed is futher ahead where Barrett was a rookie. taking Barret played 16 games on the ps his rookie year. while read made the top 53.
    oh I see you went back and corrected yourself

Omg I'm saying he's not the same type of player. I don't see him as the same type of player!

Is that offensive to you? Is it an insult?
    i just don't like the comparison at all. i don't feel they are at all any where on the same level at this point in the career. Barret is a starting Caliber Edge rusher. while REed is a Raw Edge rusher with a high upside(i believe) give it a few years and we can have this discussion i would like to see Reed work on some moves. cause alot of players develop those in the nfl.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

i just don't like the comparison at all. i don't feel they are at all any where on the same level at this point in the career. Barret is a starting Caliber Edge rusher. while REed is a Raw Edge rusher with a high upside(i believe) give it a few years and we can have this discussion i would like to see Reed work on some moves. cause alot of players develop those in the nfl.
    That's exactly what I said. He's not on barretts level, but hopefully between he Justin Hollins and Jeremiah Attachou we'll have good depth.

Btw Suh just re signed with the Buccs for 9 million. Denver with 11 million (per Klis) may not have the space for Wolfe even at 9 mill.

otc has Denver with 21 mill cap space with all FA signed
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    otc has Denver with 21 mill cap space with all FA signed
    I keep seeing that from OTC however Klis and Nikki Jhabvala report about half of that. I did read a week or so ago that the broncos set aside somethin like 12 million for draft selections but Im not sure if that still apllies.

I keep seeing that from OTC however Klis and Nikki Jhabvala report about half of that. I did read a week or so ago that the broncos set aside somethin like 12 million for draft selections but Im not sure if that still apllies.
    Draft picks account for just over $9m. The reserve is usually $5-10m for injury replacement.

In my opinion we desperately need to sign an OT to be a swing guy behind Bolles and James. Also 1-2 DEs, and another CB.

OTs still available;

Cordy Glenn
    Kelvim Beachum
    Greg Robinson
    Cam Erving
    Jordan Mills

D-Linemen still available;

Mike Daniels
    Christian Covington
    Ethan Westbrooks
    Derek Wolfe
    Damon Harrison

CBs still available;

Trumaine Johnson
    Xavier Rhodes
    Logan Ryan
    Prince Amukamara
    Bashaud Breeland

If we could sign 2 of these guys we can head into the draft thinking BPA.