Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1202
    Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    In my opinion we desperately need to sign an OT to be a swing guy behind Bolles and James. Also 1-2 DEs, and another CB.

OTs still available;

Cordy Glenn
    Kelvim Beachum
    Greg Robinson
    Cam Erving
    Jordan Mills

D-Linemen still available;

Mike Daniels
    Christian Covington
    Ethan Westbrooks
    Derek Wolfe
    Damon Harrison

CBs still available;

Trumaine Johnson
    Xavier Rhodes
    Logan Ryan
    Prince Amukamara
    Bashaud Breeland

If we could sign 2 of these guys we can head into the draft thinking BPA.
    I heard Brandon Stokely report that teams were iffy on Derek Wolfe, even the Broncos. Guess no one believes that he can pass a physical.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    In my opinion we desperately need to sign an OT to be a swing guy behind Bolles and James. Also 1-2 DEs, and another CB.

OTs still available;

Cordy Glenn
    Kelvim Beachum
    Greg Robinson
    Cam Erving
    Jordan Mills

D-Linemen still available;

Mike Daniels
    Christian Covington
    Ethan Westbrooks
    Derek Wolfe
    Damon Harrison

CBs still available;

Trumaine Johnson
    Xavier Rhodes
    Logan Ryan
    Prince Amukamara
    Bashaud Breeland

If we could sign 2 of these guys we can head into the draft thinking BPA.
    Greg Robinson is probably going to jail for a long time. Cordy Glenn could be solid, he could also push to start with a QB who doesnít have the pocket awareness of a rock. Wouldnít touch the other guys, although Erving can be a decent interior guy.

I think Denver will bring back Wolfe, it has to be the medical keeping his market so cold. We already have that and Elway is probably playing a bit of hardball here knowing that anyone interested in him might opt to address the spot in the draft. Iím more surprised Harris hasnít been picked up, his numbers are good at a glance but he did most of his damage in a handful of games. Still a very solid player who I felt added weight (not sure if true just thought he looked heavier) to play NT and wasnít quite as explosive as when he broke out with us. With Purcell seemingly entrenched at NT, he can drop the extra weight and would be a damn good pairing with Casey.

Iíd actually really like to sign Trumaine Johnson, I think heís a terrific fit for the defense and I believe the Jets are still paying him so a 1 year low dollar amount would make sense for him. Iím iffy on Rhodes, he was always a tad overrated and completely fell off a cliff last season, might be time for him to kick the tires at S. Surprised Ryan hasnít been signed yet, he must be asking for a good bit, I think he ends up in Detroit or Miami if not Tennessee. I think Amukamara is a last resort if we crap out in the draft. Not sure what to think about Breeland.

BTW....thanks gang for all the info/discussion.

So what is the going rate (trade) to acquire Trent Williams? I know he does not come cheap, salary wise ($14.5M cap hit)...and I believe they wanted a 1st, during the '19 season. They will be foolish not to get something for him, and so far whatever they want hasn't worked.

I don't think folks here think it's a good idea. Maybe Tampa, or a few other teams. But if a trade involving a player or two, maybe there's a way of making this salary cap affordable.

Just curious what you folks might have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I keep seeing that from OTC however Klis and Nikki Jhabvala report about half of that. I did read a week or so ago that the broncos set aside somethin like 12 million for draft selections but Im not sure if that still apllies.
    I think because the glascow contract was MIA for days they used the 44 mill divided by 4 and used that in their projections, which in the end was about ten mill off
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Darqueze Dennard back on the market due to not agreeing on the terms of the contract. Iím surprised this doesnít happen more often

Brockers deal with Baltimore broke down and he goes back to the Rams. If imagine they make a run at Shelby to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Darqueze Dennard back on the market due to not agreeing on the terms of the contract. Iím surprised this doesnít happen more often
    Do you have more Info on this?

Linval Joseph is some one i hope we look into

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    BTW....thanks gang for all the info/discussion.

So what is the going rate (trade) to acquire Trent Williams? I know he does not come cheap, salary wise ($14.5M cap hit)...and I believe they wanted a 1st, during the '19 season. They will be foolish not to get something for him, and so far whatever they want hasn't worked.

I don't think folks here think it's a good idea. Maybe Tampa, or a few other teams. But if a trade involving a player or two, maybe there's a way of making this salary cap affordable.

Just curious what you folks might have heard.
    Taking flyers on injury-prone players is how we broke into jail for a few years.

He's old, he's injury prone, and he's expensive (draft capital and salary-wise).

That's the hat-trick of suck.

Also sums up my thoughts on re-signing Wolfe.

He's old. He's injury prone. And he's expensive.

I'd rather draft and develop, and give reps to Walker and Dremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Taking flyers on injury-prone players is how we broke into jail for a few years.

He's old, he's injury prone, and he's expensive (draft capital and salary-wise).

That's the hat-trick of suck.
    I don't think you make a move for Trent Williams and call it a flyer. If you are comfortable with the medicals you are making a serious investment. Rumor has it, that he wants 20 million per year for 4-5 years. At this point, the draft pick cost is probably a mid to late round draft pick. The Redskins have to have let go of any thoughts of a first rounder.

to make things worse, Williams seems willing to whine, complain, and holdout unless he gets the massive contract.

Now all that being said, this is a little different than taking a run on Wolfe. Trent Williams might be the best LT in football. Certainly top 3. He would not just be a small upgrade at tackle, it would be massive. He is a stud.

I have gone back and forth this offseason on how I would feel about his acquisition. If the team could get a shorter contract or one that is loaded with medical exceptions, it could be one of the best ways to improve our roster. I am just not sure it would be worth the cost or risk of potential dead cap money.

Williams is probably hurt by the situation in the country. the fact that teams can't talk to him in person and have great contact with his doctors is probably going to hurt him financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Also sums up my thoughts on re-signing Wolfe.

He's old. He's injury prone. And he's expensive.

I'd rather draft and develop, and give reps to Walker and Dremont.
    My opinion of Wolfe is mutual however I think we might need him however if DreMonte is willing to beef up then Iíd say itís a go. I mean we did draft him to play but heís gotta got the mold and the system.

I know Wolfe donít but he still filled in well.

DE/DT Joel Heath resigns with the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    DE/DT Joel Heath resigns with the Broncos.
    Camp Body?

Cowboys sign Zuerlein...3 years with a base of $7.5M

I didn't even know he was available. Til recently, one of the game's best.