Page 65 of 81 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    We have just under 25 mil. Not sure if this counts the restructure Callahan just did which reportedly freed up just under 2 mil.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

We do need to keep some extra money for the season and some for draft picks.
    I don't think they have that much cap still available. I looked at Spotrac.

They currently have it at $19M (Top 51 w/draft class subtracted.)

But Glascow's contract is still not listed. Reportedly it is $11M per but depending on structure the cap hit could be several million less.
    Also teams typically keep $7-10M in reserve for emergencies or late cuts.

So actual working cap available is likely more in that under $10M range. Still room to release/ renegotiate players could find a few million more if they wanted to. Roster currently over 70 players. Some savings when they trim the roster.

These are all projections by a cap novice so take it with a seed of doubt. Expecting some more signings, just not expecting any significant ones. .
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-22-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    The ~25M of space does not yet include Glasgow's contract details. So potentially there might only be ~15M?
    If it doesn't include Glasgow than it probably doesn't count Flacco's cut either

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If it doesn't include Glasgow than it probably doesn't count Flacco's cut either
    It does include Flacco being cut, but does not include the Callahan restructure or Joe Jones signing.

We have just under 25 mil. Not sure if this counts the restructure Callahan just did which reportedly freed up just under 2 mil.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind now that we are spending a lot of cap space. We currently have about 74 players signed. I donít know if the roster size increased with this new cba or if itís still 53. We are looking at 20 roster spots that need to be cut just to make it to 53. Take the bottom 20 players, just for this scenario, and cut them (avg $610k) You will have around $12-13m saved minimum. Plenty for rookie contracts, which if they make the team will be taking someone in the top 53 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    One thing for everyone to keep in mind now that we are spending a lot of cap space. We currently have about 74 players signed. I don’t know if the roster size increased with this new cba or if it’s still 53. We are looking at 20 roster spots that need to be cut just to make it to 53. Take the bottom 20 players, just for this scenario, and cut them (avg $610k) You will have around $12-13m saved minimum. Plenty for rookie contracts, which if they make the team will be taking someone in the top 53 spot.
    The salary cap figure of ~25M by Spotrac and OTC is based on the top 51 contracts. Teams are allowed to have up to 90 players in camp so I suppose that the Broncos will still be adding camp players and draft picks (11) and some UDFAs to there roster.

Raiders signing DT Maliek Collins and TE Nick O'Leary.

I think that puts them at 11 free agents signed, thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Iíve seen Espinosa projected to kick inside. He moved inside a bit in college on pass rushing downs.
    Elway and Fangio love versatile players, I could see them drafting Espinosa.

I would like to see us sign WR Breshad Perriman, and, either bring back Derek Wolfe, or sign DE Markus Golden, who had a pretty good, 10 sack season for a bad Giants defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Raiders signing DT Maliek Collins and TE Nick O'Leary.

I think that puts them at 11 free agents signed, thus far.
    Not sure if anyone mentioned that they also signed Nelson Agholor for 1 year. I still think they go top 3 WRs with their pick (at 12). Some may say they are going FA too much, but I trust Mayock, as he rebuilds their D, and is also putting some talent around their QB (whoever it will be long term). After this draft they will have, in the last 2 seasons, added a top WR and a top RB (Jacobs), and Waller is becoming a force. I would not count theses guys out of the playoffs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I would like to see us sign WR Breshad Perriman, and, either bring back Derek Wolfe, or sign DE Markus Golden, who had a pretty good, 10 sack season for a bad Giants defense.
    why pick up golden he doesn't fit our scheme. and he is an edge rusher which we have plenty of

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    why pick up golden he doesn't fit our scheme. and he is an edge rusher which we have plenty of
    Miller and Chubb are outstanding pass rushers, but do you really think we are deep after them? I feel like pass rushers these days are similar to Dbacks of recent times, whereby you can never have enough of them.

Will Parks took a 1 year deal to go to Philly , reportedly worth $1.6 million with $1 million guaranteed. He reportedly turned down money elsewhere to play for the hometown Eagles.

Will Denver cut Butt?

True but theyíve set aside something like 12 for draft picks so the media is saying itís somewhere around 12 for free agents

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I don't think they have that much cap still available. I looked at Spotrac.

They currently have it at $19M (Top 51 w/draft class subtracted.)

But Glascow's contract is still not listed. Reportedly it is $11M per but depending on structure the cap hit could be several million less.
    Also teams typically keep $7-10M in reserve for emergencies or late cuts.

So actual working cap available is likely more in that under $10M range. Still room to release/ renegotiate players could find a few million more if they wanted to. Roster currently over 70 players. Some savings when they trim the roster.

These are all projections by a cap novice so take it with a seed of doubt. Expecting some more signings, just not expecting any significant ones. .
    As of this post Spotrac has us at 28.6 mil (top 51) and that does include the Callahan restructure. OTC now has us at 20 mil and it also seems to include the Callahan restructure now.

The cap number is constantly changing at this time of year.

Oddly there are no contract details on either of the main contract sites for Graham Glasgow at this time which is probably why neither of them have added his contract to their cap math .

I can look at all the reasons why it changes but at this time of year by the time I get down to it the number will probably change again.
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.