Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I thought we had 12 and got a7th for jano. Either way 10+ picks
    Janos pick is for 2021

I really enjoy this discussion board around draft and free agency time. Some great ideas and really smart people. It is difficult at times to read those that are living in Madden land. There are multiple teams vying for players and each has their view of various players and different cap situations. Did you guys really think we would come in and sign every big name free agent on the market? Even if we wanted to go that route, do you think signing a player is a simple as clicking a button and they join your team?

Thank you to those on this board that provide thoughtful analysis and spend time interacting with each other in a positive way. I am grateful for the time you spend sharing your thoughts and opinions.

I am pretty happy with the couple of moves we have made and expect Elway to make some more under the radar moves. I think there are some sneaky good picks and the second wave of free agency can be used to get cheap talent to provide depth to our roster. I hope to see some more moves and look forward to a solid draft.... and no I don't see things through blue and orange goggles, but I think a little patience is a good thing.

I am also grateful we are not the Texans or the Dolphins. The Dolphins have made a huge splash but I don't even want many of those guys.

Building a roster is about "smart" free agency pickups and having excellent drafts.

Things I would like to see

Bausby
    Purcell extended
    Pierce
    Pennell
    Wolfe
    Kevin Johnson/Amukamara
    Gordon 1y 6.5m

Ok Check Out This Plan:

1. ReSign Shelby Harris and D.Wolfe both who I think are Awesome Shelby Harris is a real Player that can Swat the Ball just ask Coach Gruden about the 16-15 Denver win last year lol and D. Wolke actually had his best year ever with 8 Sacks before getting injured under Vic Fangio System. D.Wolfe is a beast on the DL and I think he actually wants to stay in Denver plus do not forget that Dremont Jones and D.Walker still need their time to shine so all is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Ok Check Out This Plan:

1. ReSign Shelby Harris and D.Wolfe both who I think are Awesome Shelby Harris is a real Player that can Swat the Ball just ask Coach Gruden about the 16-15 Denver win last year lol and D. Wolke actually had his best year ever with 8 Sacks before getting injured under Vic Fangio System. D.Wolfe is a beast on the DL and I think he actually wants to stay in Denver plus do not forget that Dremont Jones and D.Walker still need their time to shine so all is not lost.
    Its not a bad plan. IMO we need to add at least 3 DL in some capacity. I like Wolfe, he's battled a ton of adversity and sets a tone. Guys like that you shouldn't let leave IMO.

I would be happy to resign Harris and Wolf if the price is right. Shelby should be able to come a little less than some of the other DT at this point. I would also be happy to take a shot at A'Shawn Robinson. He is still young and might thrive under Fangio

Players I would like include:

Harris
    Wolf
    Robinson
    Perriman
    Amukamara
    Darby

For some of these guys prices might be pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Not to pick sides when it comes to the sky is falling crowd and everyone else, but our last championship was won in free agency aside from Miller. Manning, Talib, Ward, Ware....
    Manning wasn’t in the same FA class. Even still, that’s still the same model we’ve been following that led to this stretch. All of those guys had injury concerns and came cheaper because of it. Manning with the neck, Talib with the hip, Ward and his knee/coverage concerns, and Ware and his back. Welker with his concussions, Vasquez with his knees, etc. sanders and Stewart were the bargain signings everyone wants to complain about now but were vital to that run.

The difference is Von signed a big contract as well as DT, Wolfe, Harris, Marshall, etc and that limited what we could bring in. We never changed the model, the amount of cap space we had changed. So now with cap space while it would be good to sign guys, once you realize that the top end talent in this group isn’t significantly better than the mid tier talent in this group it becomes a much easier pill to swallow. How much better is Reader than Shelton if at all? Is it worth the extra 6-8 mil or whatever the gap is going to be?
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 03-18-2020 at 07:21 AM.

What about the rams corner that just released Coleman??

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Things I would like to see

Bausby
    Purcell extended
    Pierce
    Pennell
    Wolfe
    Kevin Johnson/Amukamara
    Gordon 1y 6.5m
    I like those suggestions. I think Wolfe, Bausby, and Purcell all return and we get one of each of those groups of CBs and DL. Gordon on the cheap would be an amazing cherry on top. Bet he wouldn't mind sticking it to the chargers twice a year.

Danny Shelton to Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Danny Shelton to Detroit!
    there goes another guy was hoping for

Shelton deal is 2yr for 8mil. That has to be good for us resigning Wolfe and S. Harris right?

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    Shelton deal is 2yr for 8mil. That has to be good for us resigning Wolfe and S. Harris right?
    Not necessarily; Shelton is a 2 down player.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I would be happy to resign Harris and Wolf if the price is right. Shelby should be able to come a little less than some of the other DT at this point. I would also be happy to take a shot at A'Shawn Robinson. He is still young and might thrive under Fangio

Players I would like include:

Harris
    Wolf
    Robinson
    Perriman
    Amukamara
    Darby

For some of these guys prices might be pretty decent.
    The issue with many here will be what is the “right price”?

S. Harris and Wolfe will likely be $15-20M for both. Depending on your point of view of their value and the market price will be the issue. Some will think that price ridiculous.

And if Elway can use his old car dealership tricks to sell them on taking less even better! But don’t try to convince me that a bargain “ bait and switch.” is more desirable. Maybe more realistic but not better.

Personally I would spend it. I would have from the beginning but especially now. Then add a DT at the end of the 3rd to 5th rd picks.

I was hoping for one or two key upgrades. One of the ILBs or two( not one) IOL upgrades. I would have signed McGovern and the addition of Glasgow. Then still use a couple of the top 6 picks on oline depth/ talent.

JMO. Obviously Elway and Co have other plans. I will be interested to see how it plays out over the coming days in the value pick leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Not necessarily; Shelton is a 2 down player.
    Yup, he was a less good Purcell last year.